Harry

Harry had finally divorced his wife and left Mia, transferring her to a new department.  You and him had been seeing each other for several months.  You had anxiety and were a hypochondriac.  Harry knew this very well.  At least once every couple months you had convinced yourself you had a different form of cancer.  Cancer ran deep in your family and it was your biggest fear.  He would wake up to you crying at 3am at least once a month.  You went to a therapist and tried to get help for this, you and Harry lived together and you felt it was unfair for you to keep Harry awake all the time because you were having a panic attack in the middle of the night.  

A few months passed and you were still having problems and you could tell poor Harry was getting frustrated.  He was trying so hard and you could see it, but it also hurt him to see you like this.  Your grandmother passed away from cancer a few months into your relationship and that's what started all this.  You were the type of person who never wanted to go to the doctor, you always insisted you’d be okay.  Now the Dr’s office was where you spent almost all your time.  Constantly getting check ups and blood work to make sure everything was okay.  Harry saw how you were spiraling and it broke his heart, he loved you and he felt helpless because no matter what he did or said you couldn’t believe him.  Eventually he had to start taking your phone at night to keep you from googling things and getting yourself worked up.  He spent nights rubbing your back and telling you that you were okay and that you were healthy, and even though you knew he was right you couldn’t believe him.  

Work was getting harder and harder on Harry and he was trying his hardest to be patient with you but he was so exhausted when he got home from work he wanted to relax and sleep.  As much as he wanted to be there for you he was struggling to cope with what you were going through. He was just too tired.  

One night Harry came home a little later than usual, being stuck at the office which he was not happy about.  All he wanted to do was to go upstairs, get undressed, and fall asleep.  However, when we went upstairs you were sitting on the floor with your back against the bed and your knees against your chest.  Tears were streaming down your face and you were shaking.  Harry immediately knew you were having a panic attack. Even though he wanted to be sympathetic he was so tired.  He rolled his eyes and you saw it.  He didn’t mean to, honestly he didn’t even know he did it.  You shrugged it off knowing that you were a lot to deal with and it wasn’t his fault you were going through this.  You held your hands out for him to come hold you, and as much as he wanted to he walked past you into the bathroom.  You didn’t think it was possible to cry more but he proved you wrong because you were absolutely sobbing at this point.  He heard you from in the bathroom and he felt awful.  He held his hands over his ears to try to drown out your crying.  He didn’t know how he felt about all this. All he knew was that he wanted to help you, but no matter what he did it didn’t work.  

He came out of the bathroom and kneeled in front of you.

“Baby please, you need to stop this, you're going to give yourself an ulcer.”  He whispered, trying to get you to calm down.  

“I’m sorry I’m not trying to do this.  I don’t want this I never wanted this.  It hurts Harry, it’s so hard to live like this, to be scared all the time.  I don’t sleep anymore, and I’m tired.  I’m so tired, Harry.”  You sobbed, holding his shirt.  “I want it to stop Harry, I don’t want to be scared anymore.  I don’t know what I did to deserve this but I promise I’ll never do it again.  Please make it go away.”  

“I want to help you but you won’t listen.  How am I supposed to make it better when you're not helping yourself?”  Harry snapped.  He immediately regretted it.  He knew it wasn’t your fault, he knew this was hurting you a lot more than it was hurting him.  He saw your heart break the moment the words left his mouth. 

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.  I don’t mean to bother you with this.  I swear I’m trying to do better.  I keep going to the Dr to make myself feel better but it doesn’t last.  I’m sorry I- I’ll sleep on the couch so you can sleep.  I’m not trying to make you miserable, I promise.  Please don’t leave me.”  You cried into his nightshirt.

“Oh baby, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean that.  I’m tired baby. I'm sorry I know this isn’t your fault, I know you're trying.  Hey, look at me.  We are going to get through this.  You are healthy, you haven’t lost any weight, you haven’t been sick.  How about tomorrow I cancel my meeting and we go to the A&E and have them do blood work on you?  Would that make you feel better?”  He asked, pulling your hair behind you and tying it in a ponytail.  

“Why does this keep happening to me, Harry? I don’t want this, you don’t deserve this.”

“Hey, hey, no.  I love you, okay I love you, and that means I am going to be here no matter what,  I’m sorry about how I reacted earlier.  I had a long and bad day at work, but I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.  Here’s what we're going to do.  Every couple months we are going to take you in and have your white blood cell count tested.  That way we’ll know that you're okay.  If your white blood cell count is tested frequently you’ll have nothing to worry about.  We’ll also go in and talk with your therapist and see if there's anything she can do.  Maybe she can adjust your medication.  I’m here for you, no matter where this takes us I will always be here for you okay?”

“I love you Harry.  Thank you so much for being here for me.  I’ll try anything to make this better, Harry.”  You sniffed resting your head on his shoulder.  

“Don’t be better for me, be better for you.  We’re going to make you better, we’ll figure something out…. You look exhausted, come on, let's get you into bed.”  He picked you up and laid you down in your bed tucking you in before getting in behind you to spoon you.  He placed gentle kisses to your head, neck and shoulder.  He rubbed and kissed your back until he heard your gentle snores.  He felt awful for how he behaved, he loved you so much and you didn’t deserve the way he treated you.  He fell asleep not long after you.  

The next morning he woke up beside you, still holding you protectively.  

“Morning princess, are you ready for today?”  Harry cooed, stroking your side while you buried your face into his chest.  

“Mm scared.  What if we get bad news?”  

“We won’t, you're fine, I know you are.  But if by some bad luck you are ill we’ll get through that too.  I’m not going anywhere no matter what.  Let's get you dressed, go to A&E and get some blood drawn.  After that we can go see your therapists and get you on some better medication.  Then I'll take you out to lunch.  How’s that sound?”  Harry comforted, giving little kisses to your face.  

“That sounds great.”  You replied, weakly.  

“I know you're tired.  I know you're emotionally exhausted, but we're going to get through this together.”  Harry whispered.  

You left shortly after and had your blood drawn, then you both went and talked to your therapists and she adjusted your medication.  Later on you both sat down and had a nice lunch together.  Things started to slowly get better.  It wasn’t easy, and it wasn’t quick but together you got through it and soon you started to feel like your old self.  Harry was by your side every step of the way.  When things got rough he helped you through it, when things got better he celebrated with you.  The highs were amazing and the lows were hell, but you worked and worked until you got through it.

“Thank you, I couldn’t have done this without you Harry.  I love you, more than anything.”  You smiled at him one day as you sat next to him on your couch.  

“I love you too, and I will always be here for you no matter what.  You're doing so much better and I am so proud of you.”  He kissed you passionately.

So what do you guys think about these stories? Are you enjoying them? If you are can you comment and let me know? If you have any ideas if stories you want me to write also let me know. I started writing because I had so many ideas and was to shy to ask writers to write them. So if you have ideas and don't want to write them yourself comment and let me know your ideas and I'll write them as best i can. Thanks for reading. :)