here I stand in your glow, should I stay or should I go

Here I stand in your glow, should I stay or should I go

They fit. Mina's first realisation the moment she wakes is how perfect she fits in Nayeon's arms, and how Nayeon's arms were made as if knowing they were to cradle her someday.

"Hey, baby." Nayeon plants a soft kiss on the tip of Mina's nose, seeing she's now awake. "Just yesterday you were the one taking care of a drunk me. Now it's my turn to take care of you."

Can we just do this forever? Can we just keep taking turns taking care of each other?

"Your temperature's pretty high. Good thing it's a weekend. You wouldn't have to go to work. Get all the rest you need." Nayeon says, still stroking Mina's hair.

"Thank you." Mina replies and drifts back to sleep immediately, too weak to stay awake.

The second time Mina shakes out of sleep, Nayeon's hand is holding hers. There's weariness on Nayeon's face, a result of watching over Mina all night. Mina squeezes Nayeon's hand as tightly as she could, hoping to transfer some energy.

"Thank you for staying." she whispers before snuggling closer to Nayeon.

The third time Mina wakes up, Nayeon's not beside her anymore. She reaches for the thermometer, then notices the lower drawer is ajar. She suddenly feels cold and succumbs to her fever, dragging her back to slumber.

As she wakes again, she sees Nayeon watching over her.

"Hey." Nayeon says in the most gentle tone. "You've been asleep all day. I can't let you go on an empty stomach." she helps Mina up. Nayeon brings the tray she set up for Mina. It has porridge, some fruit slices, and water.

"Do I need to spoon feed you?" Nayeon chuckles.

"If I say yes, will you do it?" Mina snickers, her eyes brighter this time but still drowsy.

"Of course. Anything for you." Nayeon says. And she means it.

Mina knows Nayeon means it too.
Mina giggles. "You've done enough, Nayeon. I can lift my spoon myself." Mina says a kind 'thank you' before eating her first meal of the day. Nayeon just sits across and waits for Mina to finish. Her eyes are fixated on the wall behind Mina, her mind wandering off.

It's silent. Unspoken thoughts and questions float in the space between them.

You dont have to stay.

I want to stay, I love you.

You shouldn't.

Is Momo really your ex? Why can't you get over her? Did she hurt you? Will you let me be there for you? Please take a chance on me.

"My cooking skills have rubbed off on you." Mina commends Nayeon.

"In more ways than one." Nayeon jokes.

Mina blushes but blames it on her fever.

When Nayeon walks closer to get the tray, Mina grabs her by the wrist. "I know you have a lot of questions to ask. I noticed the box was opened—"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to! It was an accid—"

"Don't worry! Don't worry. I'm not blaming you for snooping or anything. Let's talk after I get better." Mina says, devoid of an accusing tone.

"We don't have to talk about it immediately. Take all the time and space you need. I'm not pressuring you. Just talk to me about it when you're ready." Nayeon nods and reassures Mina. "I'll just bring this to the kitchen first." she kisses Mina on the forehead before excusing herself out of the room.