I don't want your body but I hate to think about you with somebody else

Mina's fists grip lightly on the sheets, holding them up to her chest. She doesn't know if it's the cold air hitting her bare back or the person lying on her bed, making her shiver. She's sitting on the edge of the bed, shoulders curling in, one foot tapping endlessly on the floor; her phone beside her, open to the last text she got from Nayeon the night before.

Her body feels heavy and sore — she's an exhibit of bruises and marks from last night's mistake.

She doesn't notice she's shaking until a gentle hand on her back steadies her.
Momo crawls to Mina's side and adorns the latter's shoulder with a series of feathery kisses. Mina recoils on the fourth kiss. She raises the sheets up to her chest further, like a last hurrah, a final act of defiance to show the enemy hasn't triumphed. But Mina knew she was lying to herself. All the defences and walls she's built have been torn down the moment she let Momo step foot into her
home.

"What's wrong?" The grogginess in Momo's voice disappears the very moment Mina flinches away from her.

There's a million ways to answer the question, really, but a single word will suffice. "This." Mina scoffs and points back and forth to Momo and herself. "Get dressed and leave immediately."

"You haven't let me explain yet." Momo mumbles a sorry reply.

"I don't think you've earned the right to." Mina walks to her closet and clothes herself with a robe, the only semblance of comfort and warmth she'll be having this morning.

Momo stares at her feet and sweeps her hair back until her hands circle at the back of her own neck.

"I still love you, Mitang."

Mina takes this as her cue to exit the room. Momo scrambles to get on her feet, and realises she left her clothes outside at the living room, so she grabs the nearest top hanging at the back of the door.

It's an emerald green sweatshirt, one she's seen and held before — it's the one she gifted Nayeon a year back.

"Mina, I—"

"You can't just show up after all these years, fuck me senseless, and expect everything to return to how it was before." Mina cuts Momo off.

"I know that. I'm not expecting things to revert to how they were before. I know the damage I caused you is irreparable and irreversible, but I want to set things straight."

"Why now?" Mina's jaw clenches. "I was doing fine. I was healing. Then you come along and do this. I know, I admit, it takes two to tango, but you didn't have to show up at my door. I hate you for showing up, but I hate myself even more for letting this happen." Mina feels the ache in her chest as if her ribs puncture her lungs every time she breathes in.

When Momo gives nothing but silence as an answer, Mina takes it upon herself to continue the conversation by unloading her emotions. "I hate the fact that I welcomed you so easily, so desperately. I left myself defenceless and unarmed."

There's no point in holding back her tears.

"I'm disgusted with myself."

The words suddenly hit the switch in Momo's mind that triggers her therapist mode. It pains Momo to hear those words, but she allows the Mina to reveal her thoughts further.

"I hate how I'll be hurting Nayeon when she finds out this happened." Mina sobs uncontrollably.

"It feels like I've wronged her."

A realisation hits Momo, but even a random passerby can tell: Mina cares deeply about Nayeon. It may or may not reach the threshold of loving someone, but it's somewhere there, lingering in the blurred line between liking and loving someone.