'til fate brings you home, I'll wait through your phases

Nayeon welcomes two unexpected guests for the night.

Her first guest comes in the form of incessant doorbell rings. She figures it's Sana. Sana's the only one as impatient as her when it comes to little things (like elevator doors closing slowly, traffic lights turning from red to green, and such).

"What's up?" Nayeon rushes to open the door and wonders why someone who has been avoiding her for more than a month is now at her doorstep.

"Wanna hang?" Sana raises her hand, shaking a bottle of tequila by its neck, and a bag of chips on the other, her eyes pleading like a puppy.

"What can I do? You're already here...with booze," Nayeon titters and makes way to let her visitor in. "Mind telling me what actually brings you here?" Nayeon thinks she knows what this is about, but she wants to hear it straight from Sana.

Sana fiddles with her thumbs and makes sure to keep distance from Nayeon. She exhales sharply before she speaks. "I'm here to apologise for ignoring you and not talking to you sooner. I just thought I wasn't in the place to explain stuff to you. But now that Mi-chan has explained things, I
think it's time I talk to you; just to try to make you understand me."

Nayeon gives a wordless nod and leads Sana to the couch. She notices that her visitor leaves a noticeable gap between them, enough for three people to fit in.

They weren't really the closest of friends, but Nayeon was often at the receiving end of Sana's shower of affection and sunshine, and in a way, since Sana is (supposedly) Momo's girlfriend, she was an extension of Nayeon's lifeline.

"Yaaa, Sana. It's just me. You don't have to be nervous or anything. Just tell me the story like how you spill tea and gossip." Nayeon initiates sitting closer and pats Sana on the shoulder.

"I...this might be heavy. Give me a minute to gather courage."

"I guess that's why you brought drinks? Let's talk about heavy stuff when we're less sober, yeah?"

Nayeon tries to lighten the mood. Sana lifts the liquor and giggles, as if Nayeon just read her mind.

She trails behind Nayeon to the kitchen to search for the bottle opener. Nayeon must've left it at the other flat, so now they're left with no choice but to open it manually.

"Are you sure this will work? The glass won't break?" Sana questions Nayeon's suggested method as she strokes the expensive bottle of Patron while holding a lighter against it.

"Yeah. Just direct the fire to the neck. The pressure will force the cork to pop out," Nayeon instructs, "Then hold it like this. Wait, actually, let me do it." she takes over and angles the lighter
so it would be heating the right place for the cork to pop out, while Sana observes her "skills" like a devoted apprentice, curious if the master's methods would work. "Shit it's not working. Why'd you have to bring such an expensive one with a cork? You could've chosen the easy-to-open one."
Nayeon clicks her tongue and continues heating the neck of the bottle.

"I'm sorry I thought gifting with you with an expensive—"

Pop!

"Ah fuck!" Nayeon exclaims, "The cork hit my neck." she winces and rubs her thumb on the sore spot.

Sana erupts into laughter before coming to Nayeon's aid. "Well, at least we know your method works." she scrambles to get an ice pack from the fridge and helps dab it on Nayeon.

"Thanks. For the ice, and for the tequila." Nayeon says, embarrassed of how her bottle-opening trick blew up on her face. She takes two shot glasses from the counter and pours Sana and herself a drink.