and baby, I'm so terrified of if you ever walk away

Never in a million years did Nayeon expect to be caught up in a sticky situation like this. How did a simple one-night stand when she was a drunken mess bloom into something more profound and all-consuming?

How did Mina make all this possible? It's really a wonder. Nayeon keeps
wondering what explanation the universe has to offer for letting her meet Mina without giving them a chance to be together. Or maybe the universe already gave them one, and they might have missed that very slim one.

Nayeon thinks it was still worth it. Taking a chance on Mina is something she doesn't regret.

Nayeon knew it was a gamble in the first place, and she was the one who chose to go all-in despite knowing the odds. In loving Mina, chances just weren't on her side. She understands how the same love for Mina requires courage and strength -- to face the fact she wasn't the chosen one; to accept
Mina and Momo are the ones meant to be together, and that it is time to let go.

Walking out of the party was Nayeon's first step towards liberty. It was an instance where her mind, heart, and body chose to act in unison to stay away from Mina. This is me letting go, Nayeon tells herself for the nth time, but this time, she was able to convince herself to act on it physically.

She can't just say she's letting go without actually working on it. So she finally does with the help of another broken soul.

"Where do we go from here, Minatozaki?" Sana's hand is small and warm under Nayeon's. They have been circling the ImTech lobby for about five minutes already, unable to decide where to go.

Sana playfully whines, complaining it was Nayeon's idea to ditch the party, but suggests that they head home first to change into more comfortable clothes.

"But won't Momo and..."

"Ah, you have nothing to worry about. I actually don't live with Momoring, so there's no chance we'll be seeing them tonight," Sana finishes off Nayeon's thought as if it were her own. "When we went here to Korea, we got separate flats. I just sleepover at her place sometimes until I eventually unofficially moved in with her. Now, I'm back at my place, because you know..."

Nayeon knows, so she responds by tightening her grip on Sana's hand. Home is such a foreign concept to both of them now. Sana never had a home in Momo, and Nayeon's home is was Mina.

Now they're just two lost souls wandering around with no one to come home to. Anywhere is home when someone doesn't have one, so at the moment, they find it in each other.

When they arrive at Sana's flat, Nayeon notices how empty the space is. There was a table, a TV set, an AC, a couch, a single shelf barely filled with books, the kitchen, and Sana's room at the end.
It wasn't the usual zen aesthetic of model apartments; it was bare. There were several scented candles on the top rack of the shelf, surrounding a huge framed photo of Momo in a black hoodie, and beside it, another picture of Momo in a yellow dress where Sana was clinging unto her.

"Why do you have a shrine for Momo?" Nayeon jokes as she makes her way to the couch. "If you lit the candles now, then we can start worshipping."

"Shut up. I was into candle-making the past few days since I had a lot of time to spare. I just had nowhere to place them, so now they're just lined up like that. I even made you one," Sana pouts.

"Oooh! What scent?" Nayeon claps excitedly as she makes her way to the small collection.

"Grapefruit."

"You're only giving it to me because you don't like grapefruit!" Nayeon whines. "I'm taking the..." she sorts through the candles and finally takes her pick, "daffodils."

"But, I made that one for myself!" Sana stands between Nayeon and the scented candle. They have a stare off for a good ten seconds before they burst into laughter at the realisation of how petty their fight is.

When Nayeon rummages through Sana's closet to find something she can change into, she finds an old tie-dye shirt they got as a trio with Momo when they went to some theme park a few years back. She happily points it out and urges Sana to find the other one that belongs to Momo, so they can have matching shirts. Sana disagrees and says she can wear whatever she wants in her own place, but Nayeon won't stop bugging her about it. They spend the next minutes looking for the shirt in Sana's closet and suitcase. They eventually stop looking for it when Sana argues it's probably somewhere else. Too tired from looking for the shirt, they end up lying on the floor
instead. They could've been dancing the night away or going out to have some fun to forget about their heartbreaks, but now they're just lifeless on the floor.