I've only got forever and forever is fine

It takes Nayeon and Sana until dawn to finalise the destination of their healing journey. The initial plan was for Sana to go back to Japan, but since Nayeon joined the picture, they had to recalibrate it. They're in this together. It became Hawaii (because who wouldn't want to find healing in Hawaii), and then it was Switzerland (because just the scenery is healing enough), but then it became Las Vegas — the place where Nayeon met Mina, where Sana lost Momo. It's the perfect place to reclaim, Sana suggested, and Nayeon agreed. They both laugh at the thought of finding healing in a hopeless place.

"Are we really doing this? In Vegas?" Sana's high-pitched laughter fills the room. Her once-empty apartment has been filled with a different kind of warmth. It's not so lonely anymore.

"Yes, we are," Nayeon's hearty laugh joins Sana's in filling the room.

"To healing and finding ourselves again," Sana says with certitude.

"To healing and finding ourselves again," Nayeon affirms.

The very same night, they book two one-way tickets to Vegas.

*****

T

wo Weeks Before Departure

Nayeon realises she doesn't have many people to say goodbye to. Korea had never been her home anyway. She figures she had to say goodbye to each of them in different ways so, she decides to do it by the level of difficulty.

The easiest to say goodbye to are Jihyo and Jeongyeon, mostly because goodbyes with them don't actually mean ending the friendship and cutting them off. It's the see-you-soon, or I-don't-wanna-see-you-ever-again-I'm-just-kidding type of goodbye. Nayeon pays them a visit first.

"Go away," Jihyo says as soon as the door opens. She opens her arms for a hug anyway.

"As expected," Nayeon chuckles.
Jeongyeon soon follows with her own version of insults before pulling Nayeon into a tight embrace.

"Jihyo, look at her still head over heels for me," Nayeon jokes, motioning for Jihyo to join the hug.

The couple pats Nayeon's back and eventually mess up her hair and wrinkle her clothes.

"So...you're really leaving?" Jeongyeon asks. "You can't leave me alone with Park!" Jeongyeon wanted to show panic in her eyes as she looked at Jihyo, but all there was is love.

"Then I'm taking Jihyo with me," Nayeon clings to Jihyo's arm.

Jihyo winks at Jeongyeon before she and Nayeon disappear into the living room. "Healing, huh? I'm proud of you for finally setting boundaries for yourself. It's unhealthy already, Nabongs. You deserve what's best, and sometimes it's not what you want. I have nothing more to say because if I
keep going, you know I'd just talk shit about that Myoui Mina woman. Still, I know you'll defend her like she put the stars in your sky even if she was the one who stripped them off," she says in one breathing.

Nayeon is about to respond when Jeongyeon butts in. "What she's trying to say is we're proud of you for being brave enough to choose yourself," Jeongyeon translates Jihyo's words, "and we love you," she adds.

"You totally get me. Thanks, honey," Jihyo glances approvingly at Jeongyeon. Nayeon makes vomiting sounds on the side. "You. What will you do in Vegas? Sin?"

Nayeon just wriggles her eyebrows suggestively. "Nah, I'm kidding. I don't know, really. I have no solid plan. I just need time to find myself again."

"It's not that I'm putting malice into your friendship with Sana, but does it have to be with her? Aren't you setting yourself up for another heartbreak? Like maybe you're becoming each other's rebound."

"Sana and I aren't like that. We just...we just get each other. We understand each other's pain,"

Nayeon explains, and her best friends nod in synchrony.

Nayeon spends the night over at their place, watching The Notebook (Jeongyeon's favourite movie, Jihyo just can't say no to her), just like how they used to when they were teens. When the confrontation scene between Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams comes up, Jihyo stands in front of the screen, pulls out a velvet, crimson box, and gets down on one knee.

"I'm so sorry for turning down your proposal the first time. I needed time to think if it's really what I want. I'm thankful to Nayeon as well for helping me realise that. I love you, Jeongyeon," Jihyo pauses, it was perfectly timed to match the scene, "I want you. I want all of you forever. You and me, everyday. Yoo Jeongyeon, will you marry me?" she professes her love. Jeongyeon is left slack-jawed, unable to react. She gets up and lets the kiss be her answer. Yes. It's definitely a yes.
"Booooo! I can't see the screen." Nayeon throws popcorn at them.

The couple tackles Nayeon to the ground, showering her with hugs and kisses. "Park Jihyo proposed to me! And I said yes!" Jeongyeon reports to Nayeon as if the older one wasn't there to witness what just happened. The three of them jump together in a circle, celebrating the successful proposal.

"Here's to us finding our way to each other and to Nayeon finding herself!" Jihyo was quick in taking out a bottle of champagne. She was really prepared.