Day One.

Aaliyah had been stuck between a chubby man who was afraid to fly and a sweet old lady who kept on telling her stories of her youth, she loved each and every story although it was evident that the old lady had been exaggerating at some point. She has snickered while the lady continued to tell her tales, it was truly inspirational how old women had so much to say and Aaliyah loved sitting with old women. She thought highly of them as she believed they had seen the world and its hardships, she lived through their stories and she enjoyed hearing silly stories about their grandkids.

"It was very hard when I was young" the older woman, Mrs Cane, said.

"What do you mean by that?" Aaliyah asked.

"Women your age weren't allowed to do anything without being called bad names, it was awful but we made it work as women and now these young women are living such great lives with endless possibilities" she grinned

"We also have our struggles Mrs Cane" Aaliyah said softly

"Like what? My youngest daughter is a doctor and no one is discriminating against her, in fact they praise her" she said proudly.

"I hear you, women have been given such a blessing to study and do whatever it is that we want but in our work places women are being harassed, insulted and diminished just because they are woman. The world seems pretty on the outside but once you squint your eyes and look deeper, you will see the cracks" Aaliyah informed the old lady, she had a little bit of experience in the matter. When she started with forensic anthropology, a few of her male class mates had tried to diminish her just because she was a young mixed girl while they were slightly older and white.

"I thought we had it worse" Mrs Cane said.

"Oh women always get the worst of it and it is because we will always be seen as the weaklings of the community when we are actually the more sensible ones but they will never accept that because it would only ruin their masculinity" Aaliyah chuckled.

"Enough of this awful topic" Mrs Cane said but was soon interjected by the chubby man

"Women aren't struggling" he breathed, loudly.

"That is not true" Aaliyah creased her brows as she was slightly annoyed by the chubby man.

"I mean females have all the power in the world, they control us by simply batting their eyes and with their beauty" the chubby man proudly said "Men fight over women, work to provide for women and at the end of the day, the women will always leave you for someone more ripped and rich" he said disgustingly.

"You are stupid if you believe anything you just said" Aaliyah raised her brow "Women are constantly seen as objects, we don't bat our eyes in fact we are simply blinking and men with that that as an invitation to pursue the girl even if the girl says no the first time. We don't even have the simply right to say NO to any man" she shrugged.

"You say no all the time!" the chubby man said

"Do you want women to say yes all the time? Are we ought to submit to all men just because we are women?" she asked the man

"I mean that is how it should be, ask her" he said as he pointed to Mrs Cane "Women are supposed to work in the kitchen and feed their tired husbands, have sex with them without ever getting tired and bring children into this world" he said with his whole chest and Aaliyah chuckled, he truly was a stupid man.

"I don't know what is more funny" Aaliyah continued to laugh "The fact that you think that when clearly no woman wants you or the fact that you are a man living in an awful past" she straightened her face and watched at the chubby man turn tomato red.