Day Eleven

In her entire life, Cordelia, had ensured to avoid conflict with her family by all cost because she knew that it wouldn't result in anything virtuous. Deep down she had always known that they weren't good people but a part of her have always wanted to believe that all that they do for her was because they truly cared and loved her. Her father had told her amazing stories about her mother, his eyes would glisten whenever he spoke of her and she would listen and pray that she would meet that lovely lady that her father keeps on talking about. She never even had a glimpse of that side of her mother, even when she was hurt or broken. Her mother never really cared for her, unless they were out in public and showing her off like a little puppy that everyone wanted to touch.

Because of the way she was raised, she avoided all sorts of rebellions until the day she broke up with Steward. She felt some sense of freedom to the point where she wanted everyone to know that she was finally free when in reality, she was miles away from freedom. Breaking up with Steward painted a perfect picture in her mind, she was ready to tell her family how she really felt about women and she was ready to suffer all the consequences but before she could do that, she went out to enjoy her freedom which lead to her bringing a young woman home. She wasn't as confident as she was but women have always liked her, from the way she dressed to the money she had. The woman, Lyla, had raved about the house and sang praised to Cordelia "You have such a lovely house, that means you are rich" she had said and that's when Cordelia realised that Lyla wanted her money and not her but because she had already decided that she would sleep with the girl, she continued with her venture. After hours of mind blowing sex, Cordelia instructed the woman to sleep in the other room and she wasn't too accustomed to sleeping with strangers, as odd as it was, Lyla agreed. No could ever say no to the rich woman with money.

The next morning, news had spread out about Steward and it was all because of Lyla, she couldn't stop telling everyone how she had sex with Thee Cordelia Sparks. Cordelia's mother, stormed into the house at five AM and pulled Cordelia out of her comfortable bed.

"Mom!" she shrieked, her eyes weren't even open yet but she knew that it was her horrid mother.

"Wake up you stupid bitch!" Susan had yelled, not eve caring that her fully brown daughter was in pain.

"What is it?" Cordelia had asked, her demeanour had turned from bold to timid.

"You are sleeping while everyone is calling and asking if my one and only daughter is gay!" she scolded, loudly. "Do you even know how mortifying that is?" she had bitterly asked.

"What is happening?" A sleepy Lyla had asked, her messy hair hiding her face.

"Who the fuck are you?" Susan had asked, her hand already charging towards the sleepy girl so Cordelia hurried and divided the two women. She didn't want any harm to come to the girl as she was the one who invited her in. "What are you doing?" Susan asked, her eyes dark with fury.

"Please go back to sleep" Cordelia had begged Lyla as she knew that she wasn't safe with her furious mother. Lyla complied and left the two women alone, one fuming with anger while the other stood in complete silence, scared for her life.

"You didn't have to do that" Cordelia had said lowly.

"You don't get to talk to me like that when you are tarnishing our family name" Susan had bitterly said, spit pouring out of her mouth and touching young Cordelia's face.

"Being my complete self is tarnishing the family name?" she asked.

"Yourself? This is not normal because women sleep with other men not young innocent girls" Susan had said, with a scowl on her already angry face.

"Do you not care about my happiness?" Young Cordelia asked, she already knew the answer to that but she wanted to hear it from her mother.

"I am only doing this to protect you!" her mother had said, not even caring to answer the question at hand.