Day Three

Aaliyah abruptly woke up from a vivid dream, one that didn't scare her but made her blood rush to the lower parts of her body, and the starring character was Cordelia. In the dream, Cordelia had pushed Aaliyah against the wall and kissed her roughly but also passionately with her strong hands covering her bare neck. The dream on its own was derived from a book Aaliyah had been reading, it was a book full of such scenes which was foreign to Aaliyah as she has never cared for romantic novels. Although she didn't like such books, she found herself stuck in the book to a point where she hadn't realised that she was dosing off on her bed with the book resting on her chest.

Her heart was beating fast as she sat upright on her bed. The dream had caught her off-guard and it was too vivid, almost real. She was slightly disappointed when she realised she was only dreaming, it wasn't because of Cordelia but because she has never been kissed like that in her entire life, in fact she has never been kissed by anybody. Her parents had given her small pecks on her cheeks, those were the only kisses she has ever had. She really didn't care much for such minor things but sometimes she wishes she could kiss someone and see if she would like it, just a kiss. The kiss doesn't even have to be like the one she dreamt of but just a kiss.

When Aaliyah was only a little girl, she had made a pact to never play with boys or even let boys in her life as she wanted to focus on her school work and it was the right thing to do. She had prayed about it and fasted for only two hours, just so boys could stay away from her. Oddly, it worked because boys never found her attractive instead they always hated how smart she was and how competitive she was, it irritated them so they never dared ask her out. A spell made by a little girl changed her entire life.

When she started high school, she thought everything would be different as she had forgotten about the prayer she had made. She was a child when she prayed, she barely understood what was occurring around her. She had a single friend, Francine, she was the quietest person and Aaliyah found that comforting as she herself didn't like talking. Francine would visit Aaliyah, cook with her grandmother and sometimes stay for the night meanwhile Aaliyah developed these intense feelings for the girl. She didn't want to see the girl speak to anyone or even bat a lash to a boy, it didn't make any sense to her because she was her only friend. Perhaps that was the reason, she was her only friend, but later on Francine told Aaliyah that she was going on a date with a handsome Japanese boy from their school and it broke Aaliyah's heart. Her heart was so broken she stopped eating, stopped reading and started sleeping for most of her time. It worried her grandmother and Francine but she wouldn't dare tell them about why she was at the verge of depression, her feelings weren't normal and girls don't get angry when their friends get good looking boyfriends. A week after she started pushing down her feelings for Francine, it was as if they were never there, but that didn't stop Francine from finding a journal that Aaliyah wrote her feelings in.

"Why is Francine so happy to be with that boy? We could spend time together reading old Dickinson poems under the clear sky with orange juice in out small hands!" Francine had read that part out loud during assembly while Aaliyah's face went completely pale. Everyone laughed at her although they didn't even know who she was and later on they named her "the nerd freak" and Francine gained popularity for destroying Aaliyah. Aaliyah on the other hand didn't care much about what Francine did, she wasn't a cowered but she begged the universe to keep evil people like Francine away from her. She never really spoke to Francine after that, it was as if they were never friends and Aaliyah was content with that. Since then she had kept her life free from people who would hurt her and maybe that is why she has only been kissed in a dream.

Sun rays were only appearing with their glory as Aaliyah got out of bed while Cordelia slept peacefully. It was announced yesterday that there would be doctor coming in to check on every one and to ensure that no one had contacted the virus. Aaliyah wasn't too fond of doctors, they creeped her out even if they weren't in a hospital. It would always cross her mind that any doctor would diagnose her with some illness and she would die soon after, it was rather silly but it was a possibility.