Welcome Home

The look on his face will haunt me for the rest of my life.

You're a monster.

My heart shatters. This pain surrounds me. Cocoons me.

Bluff, I silently beg.

I try to scrub the blood from my hands, but it only smears faded red blotches everywhere. My body stained in guilt.

Earlier, I felt next to nothing. Now I can't stop it. The feeling. The emotion. It's drowning me.

Rushing waves fill my ears, crashing against the ship—beckoning. I turn towards the railing. One jump. That's all it would take to let all of it go. To sink into the depths where this will all just disappear.

Perhaps his face won't haunt me. Perhaps his rejection won't matter.

If I could just... forget.

I stand, take the few steps towards the edge slowly. No one will approach me now. Most of the crew don't believe what I am, but the ones who saw it are in shambles. Their panicked wailing can still be heard from below deck.

But even if they don't believe I'm a siren, they have enough sense to fear me.

So when I put my leg over the railing and sit with my feet dangling over the water, no one says a word. Bluff isn't here to stop me. He wouldn't, I'm sure, even if he was.

I'm not scared this time.

I push off, wind rushing over me for just one quick moment, and then the sea envelopes me like the embrace of a loving parent.

Welcome home, it says.

***Hey guys! I was on vacation last week and didn't post at all *hides* don't hate me. I'm gonna post like 5 chapters right now to make up for it haha.***