IV

Slamming the door close, you growl out in frustration when you see the distant red and blue light from the police, the siren barely being drowned out by the commotion caused by the crowd who's now starting to take videos of what's happening. "Fuckers, I'd run you all over if I wasn't in such a hurry."

~~~~~

Revving the engine, you let out a grin, the grumble resonating throughout your body as you do it once more, the sweet symphony only making you more excited as you look at the stoplight ahead of you, the yellow gleam making you slightly lean forward, eager to drive off.

5

Glancing to the side, you give a taunting smile towards Baji, his brows furrowing at your antics.

4

You can hear Mikey talk about his days in school, though you can tell that no one's listening to a word he's saying.

3

Baji finally silences Mikey with a little nudge.

2

Looking up, you lightly bite your lip when the light slowly turns to green.

1

Without a second to spare, you zoom past the two, a laugh bubbling in your throat when you hear Baji's irritated yell from behind you. Smirking, you quickly look over, making sure that there aren't any cars in front of you before swerving to the right, the end of the block barely in view. Taking a glance at your rearview mirror, you see Baji only a few feet behind you, his face scrunched up in concentration as he tries his best to catch up to you, but with one last push, you speed up, motorcycle quickly passing through the imaginary finish line.

Letting out a triumphant yell, you slow down and park on the side of the road, where you know you won't be run over or something.

Only seconds after slowing down, Baji comes to a stop beside you, still a little peeved with you winning your little race. "Man, I wasn't expecting you to actually know how to ride a motorcycle, let alone race." He grumbles, a glare sent towards you but you know that there's not real heat behind them.

Chuckling, you dramatically flip your hair behind your shoulder. "Well, my dad wouldn't have let me take his bike if I didn't. He'd have thrown a fit." Getting back on the bike, you stretch your shoulders for a bit before starting the engine once more, Baji now beside you as the both of you start driving to Musashi Shrine.

"How's your dad, by the way? I haven't seen him in a while." Mikey inquires, his hair whipping him in the face as he faces you but he doesn't seem to mind. "He doing okay?"

Humming to yourself, you give him a quick glance before looking back at the road. "He's fine, I guess. Mum's taking him to the hospital for weekly check-ups or something, I don't get to see him a lot, he said that he doesn't want me to see him bald." Chuckling, you slow down as you see the stop sign, Baji doing the same.

"Why's he bald again? Didn't you say he's just taking a few medicines?" Baji chimes in, also curious about your family situation.

"Her dad decided to shave it all off 'cause one of the medicines he's taking is making his hair fall off. I was there when it happened. He was hysterical." Mikey laughed, the image of your dad hollering before running out of the bathroom and into the living room - you and Mikey were playing with Dora and Yaki - a small clump of hair in between his fingers a permanent image in his brain.

Continuing your drive to the shrine, you nod along to what the two were saying. "Nice bike, by the way, that's your dad's old bike, right?" Mikey looks over your bike, Studying the little stickers on the metal. One of the stickers was a hand drawn crown with 'King' written under.