VII

"Boss, we did our best." The warehouse's doctor said, bowing in front of you, gaze averted from yours as you give him a dismissive wave. Waiting for everyone to exit the room, you entered. The familiar scent of blood making its way to your senses. Making your way to the bed, you gently trail your fingers on his arm.

"You look so peaceful right now, much like when we were still kids."

~~~~~

"You skipped classes again? Didn't I tell you to at least try to attend 3 days a week?" You interrupt Mikey, his story cutting short as his eyes widens for a few seconds, realizing that he just ratted himself out about skipping school once more. He gives you a sheepish smile, hoping that you'll be satisfied with his answer while Draken laughs at the side, only to be silenced by your glare. "Don't start laughing there, Ken, you let Mikey skip his classes."

"Well, what am I supposed to do? Stop him?" Draken gives you an incredulous look, as if saying that stopping Mikey from skipping school is a crazy thing to do.

"As I was saying, this girl, Hina, slaps me in the face-"

"Serves you right." You interrupt once more which makes Mikey groan at your side. His body leaning on yours as you finally arrive at the fast food restaurant.

Draken opens the door for the two of you as you continue to drag Mikey's body inside. The short blond, the two of you have the same height but you're just too used to being taller than him when you guys were younger, mumbling about not being respected by his own girlfriend which makes Draken stop on his tracks. Eyes wide as he watches the two of you nonchalantly take a seat on one of the tables inside.

You don't notice Draken, not when you're preoccupied with a clinging Mikey, still pouty about you scolding him for skipping classes and for cheering Hina on for slapping him. "You don't even know who Hina is but you're already siding with her instead of me!" He whines, lips briefly brushing against your cheek as he pouts even more.

It would've been cute if he wasn't hanging onto you like a 120 pound koala. You almost want to push him off the chair and make Draken sit next to you instead, but alas, the giant is nowhere to be found.

Sighing, you trail your gaze around the room before finding Draken idiotically standing by the doorway, eyes trained to you and Mikey while having this scarily focused look on his face. It kinda makes him look like he's plotting a murder. Probably yours and the pouty blond beside you.

"Are you just gonna stand there and look like a criminal or what?" You call out to the blond.

Cursing at you, Draken makes his way to the table, brows scrunched up as he tells you to shut up. "Can you not? You're gonna make it look like I'm planning to rob this place or something." He flicks you on the forehead which makes Mikey momentarily stop his whining in order to flick Draken's arm off.

Rolling your eyes, you turn to Mikey who's stomach just grumbled, pout back on his lips the moment he sees you looking his way. "Want a kiddie meal? I'll pay for it as an apology." You drawl the last part out, a slight mocking tone in your voice but Mikey only nods at you, stars in his eyes as he clings onto your arm.

Taking your wallet out, you hand a few bills to Draken who loudly groans at your action. Ripping the money off of you, he stands up, glaring at you as he begrudgingly goes to the counter to order Mikey's meal along with some fries for the two of you.

"As I was saying, Takemicchi was fighting some lower member, Kiyosoma or something, and was getting beaten up but he said something about not giving up then he was just clinging onto Kisoyama. He looked cool even though he was getting beaten to a pulp. Then the next day, I dragged him out of class and his girlfriend slapped me."