XIII

The blinding sky slowly turned to the glittering abyss as the group waited.

It's been almost 8 hours since the ex-Toman members had arrived at Musashi Shrine, hoping to come through with the promise that they all made 12 years ago, but it seems as if 2 members have not shown up. The atmosphere is heavy as they restlessly walk around the area, hoping that the other two were just late due to some business.

"Guess it can't be helped, let's open it up already." Draken gets up from his seat, wiping off his clothes. His words make the others stand as well, the group heading to where they had dug up in the time capsule.

Peh-yan speaks up when he notices Takemichi's solemn look. "It can't be helped, we haven't heard from those two for ten years. The last time we saw them was when Y/N and Mikey visited his grandpa before he died. Then we only heard from Draken's friend, Ahmya, that the two may have gone to get a tattoo at her place. But other than that, we have no clue where they are."

"Who knows, the two might have gotten married already overseas, you know how Mikey always told us about his plans. He even managed to get Kyoya to help him." Pah-chin added while the others started opening the box.

"Oh yeah, didn't he say that he was planning to propose? Crazy bastard, we were like what? 15?" Mitsuya chuckles at the thought of their leader who had once asked Mitsuya to help him pick out a ring only to remember that he didn't have any money.

Takemichi, having never heard how serious your relationship with Mikey was, was very surprised. He had heard that you had started living with him, but by the way the two of you acted in public, it looked more like you two were just really close childhood friends.

Both of you just seemed so carefree and happy together.

Takemichi only hopes that wherever the two of you are, that you're still together and happy. That you're still making each other smile like how he remembers it from years ago. He hopes that Mikey still looks at you like how he once caught his once leader. Clearly starstruck as he subtly stares at you from the side while you talk to Emma and Mitsuya. Even from a few feet away, Takemichi can clearly see just how much Mikey cherished you, and he hoped that you felt the same.

The others were all surprised with what they had previously placed inside the box, some laughing at each others' crushed dreams while some cried from the letters that they wrote in the past.

"What'd you put, Draken?" Takemichi walks over to Draken who was crouching by the shrine. The tall brunet hands the picture to the dishevelled man, eyes slightly glossed over as the others looked at the picture.

Everyone smiles as they see themselves on the glossy paper, smiles etched on all of their faces. You had sat beside Mikey, with Mitsuya and Draken to both of your sides. In the picture, you had proudly presented the Tokyo Manji Gang uniform, the coat draped over all of your shoulders, even yours.

Takemichi can remember how you had put up a fuss, Mikey had brought out bandages, hoping that you'd comply with him making you look like those anime characters who had bandages on their chest. It took Mikey 5 minutes to convince you to do it.

In the end, you had been cursing at Mikey while you wrapped the bandages around your chest, your sports bra helping you keep your decency while doing so.

Looking back at it now, Takemichi can't help but tear up, seeing as that was the last time that he can remember ever seeing the two of you so genuinely happy. The rest of the days after that, he noticed how strained the both of you were, smiles so fake that he almost confronted the two of you. But he had convinced himself that it was probably just because the two of you were mourning.