IX

With a heavy heart, you set his phone beside him, the cracked screen turned to the bed, scared that if you catch sight of the pictures displayed, you'll break down.

You can't afford to do that, not when you're about to ruin someone's life with a single phone call. And so, you take one of the burner phones in the drawer, dialing a number that you never thought you'd have to call. It takes a few seconds for the other side to pick up, but when they do, you can already hear the nervous shuffling from the other side, along with the concerned voices. You can almost guess that you're probably on speaker right now, so you decide to make your grand entrance.

"Hello, Hina-chan."

~~~~~

Adjusting your kimono, you twirl around in front of the mirror, looking for any creases or fallen hair that you'll have to fix before heading out.

It's been a while since you had dressed up like this. Days filled with boring school and work after what happened last Halloween. Though you're not complaining since it helps with keeping your thoughts at bay, not having enough energy to entertain any of the murky thoughts in your mind.

Same goes for Mikey.

The two of you had been closer to each other than usual, as Draken had noted the other day during christmas while taking you home while Mikey drove Takemicchi to Hina's house after beating up the Black Dragons' leader, Taiju. It was a mess, having to leave christmas dinner early with your grandparents and brother after receiving a call from Chifuyu, saying something about the Black Dragons and Takemicchi.

You almost hit Takemicchi upside the head, his actions always seeming to end up in him being beaten up half to death. It stresses you out, knowing that the kid can barely fight for himself, and with his girlfriend constantly asking you how her boyfriend's doing, it almost feels like you have another brother to take care of.

Deeming yourself presentable, you stepped out of the room, hands immediately being held by none other than your brother and boyfriend, both of them wearing their own kimonos.

Bending down, you fix your brother's kimono before tilting your head to the side, waiting for a kiss.

Giggling, your brother lightly pecks your right cheek, chubby hands petting the flower on your head that Emma had given you earlier. "Let's go, Y/N-nii, we're about to be late!" Nodding, you stand back up once more, only for Mikey's face to be only a few inches away from yours, a mischievous look on his face as he gives you a smile.

About to ask him what he's planning, you're cut off when his lips pressed onto your left cheek, his lips curving up onto a smile when he notices how your skin immediately heats up as soon as his lips make contact with your skin.

It leaves the smug blond grinning.

Sending him a half-hearted glare, you begin to tug him outside, both of you being led by your brother to where the festival was being held.

~~~~~

"Do you want some too?" Mikey offers some snacks to your brother whose mouth was still full with dorayaki. "C'mon, before your sister sees." Your boyfriend whispers though it was useless since they were literally behind you.

Turning around, you flick him on the forehead. "He's still not done eating his dorayaki, leave him be." Accepting the water bottles from the vendor, you thank them before gesturing for the two boys to follow you. "Make sure to drink lots of water after okay? Or your teeth will ache." Reminding both of them, you only received a chubby cheeked nod, both of them quiet as they munch on their treats for the night.