Lightening and Clouds

Tamela Pov 

It's been a week since that incident with Teresa. Rashad and I are officially just friends. I'm a little sad about it, but I'll get over it...........eventually. I'm just glad that we're friends though. 

I'm on my way home from school. I turn in the driveway, and I see Teresa putting stuff outside. I get out the car and I see my clothes. She's putting my clothes outside. 

"What the hell are you doing," I asked angrily. 

"Cleaning out the trash," she answered. 

"That's my stuff. That's not trash," I shouted back. 

"It most definitely is trash. You want be a trashy bitch and have sex in the middle of my damn kitchen then everything you own is trash as well. I don't keep a trash in my house," she replied. 

"You such an evil bitch," I cried. 

I try to go and put my stuff back in the house. As soon as I'm about to walk through the door, I feel something at my temple. I freeze. 

"You obviously didn't hear me the first time. I don't allow trash in my house. I'm gonna put the rest of ya shit outside in a minute. Stand yo ass outside until I get finished," she said as she held the gun to my head. 

She really put a gun to my head, and put me out. The tears fall down my face like a waterfall. 

I turn around to face her. She isn't showing any remorse. I look down at the pile of my possessions. I pick up my baby pictures and my memory book. I grab my journals and the rest of the important things that I wanted. I put them in my car and as I'm closing the door she comes back out. She lights a cigarette and takes a drag before blowing the smoke. 

I wipe my tears before speaking. "I have everything I need for now. You can just throw the rest of that stuff in storage. I hope it was worth it. Goodbye, Mama," I said before getting in my car and driving off. 

I drive around the corner to a gas station and park. I sit there for a second before I break down. Why does she hate me? What did I ever do to deserve such a horrible mother? Now I don't have anywhere to go. I still can't believe she put a gun to my head. She wanted me gone so bad that she was willing to kill me. 

I cry until I don't have anymore tears left. I need to get myself together. It's getting late and I need to find somewhere to go. I can't stay with Rashad because his house is full with his parents, his grandparents and his little brothers. Alayna's house is being remodeled right now. I'm running out of options fast. Think bitch think. I could go stay at a hotel, but for how long. My only other option is- , but I promised myself I would never ask that man for anything since he didn't want me in the first place. I'm homeless right now, so I don't really have a choice. I dial the number to his office. 

Someone picks up on the third ring. 

"Harrison Holding Company how may I assist you today," a reception answered the phone. 

"Is-,"I paused.  I hang up. 

I'm just gonna go there right now. I pull out of the gas station and head to his office. 

________________________________________________________________

I park across the street near a coffee shop. I get out and head to the office building. I walk in and I see a directory. It says his office is on the 15th floor. I walk past the reception desk and head towards the elevator. Once I get to the 15th floor, I'm met with another reception desk and people walking in all different directions. I know I stick out like a sore thumb amongst all these white people, but none of them seem to pay me any mind. I approach the receptionist.