Wake Up

Todd Pov

I can't believe what my daughter just told me. Her mother put a gun to her head, and forced her to leave. Most people would tell me that I don't have a right to correct Teresa about this because I haven't been a present father in my daughter's life, but to hell with that. She can't threaten my child's life and get away with it. 

This all could've been prevented if I wasn't so concerned with public opinion. What the public thinks heavily affects my business and at the time that was my only concern. It's gotten less important over the years, and I'm not so worried about my wife taking me for everything I have since I made arrangements to prevent that from happening. The main thing that has been holding me back from actually reaching out to my daughter in the last 2-3 years is fear. I'm scared that she won't want me in her life anymore. I'm scared that I messed up so bad that I can't do anything to fix it. The fact that she even came to me for help today was a miracle because she never asks me for anything. 

Her mother is always the one calling for stuff. The thought that she could've been killed was a huge wake up call. I need to establish a real relationship with my daughter. I've always supported her financially and I go to all of her important school events, but I've never actually gotten to know her. It's time for that to change. 

I head out of the office after I cancel my last meeting for the day. I get in my car and speed across town to her house. I pull up in front of the house and I see a strange car in the driveway. Teresa's car must be in the garage. I get out and go to the front door. I don't waste time knocking since I have a key. I unlock the door and as soon as I walk in I see that the house is a mess. I hear someone talking. I go to the living room and I see Teresa sitting on some guys lap taking a smoke from his cigarette. 

I guess she sensed someone else in the room and turns to look at me. 

"Never thought I'd see you again. At least not in person anyway. What do you want," she spoke. 

"Teresa I need to talk to you, now," I demanded. 

"T, baby who is this white nigga," the man asked taking a drag of the cigarette. 

"A bill collector," she answered sarcastically. 

"Teresa tell your friend to leave because we really need to talk," I restated. 

"Man, I ain't going no where. Whatever you have to say to my woman you can say in front of me," the man spoke. 

I really don't have time for the bullshit. I get my gun out of my ankle holster and shoot near his feet making him jump up. 

"I said I need to talk to Teresa in private. Now leave before I put one in your fucking head," I spoke. 

"Aight man it's cool. I'll go. T, I'll see you around," he said grabbing his jacket and leaving. 

"Did you really have to do that," Teresa asked nonchalant. 

"Yeah, I did. Tell me why you put our daughter out of this house," I responded. 

"Oh now she's our daughter. You never acknowledged her as yours for her entire life, and now all of sudden you give a damn," she started. 

"I most certainly give a damn when my daughter comes and tells me that you put a fucking gun to her head and forced her to leave the house that I bought for yall to live in. And before you even try to tell me that she did something horrible, I don't care. Whatever she did wasn't worth putting a damn gun to her head and threatening her life," I finished. 

"The bitch was fucking some boy in the middle of my kitchen while she looked me in the eyes. Is she still your little princess now," she replied. 

I had to pause for a second. She did that? Wow? I mean I know teenagers have sex because I was once a teenager. I know how rebellious a teenager can be, but that is next level. Part of me wants to be proud of my daughter for doing something I never had the balls to do as a teen, and the other part is dying at the thought of my daughter having sex. I mean present father or not, no father wants to think about his daughter having sex, ever.

"That's still not a reason to threaten her with a gun. And don't ever call my daughter a bitch again," I spoke. 

"How would you know that she isn't a bitch? You aren't in her life. You aren't in my life. You haven't had to live with her. You haven't had to get up in the dead of night to tend to her when she cried. You weren't there when she got her first period. You weren't there when she had to go to the hospital, well  at least you were there when she was sleeping. You weren't there when she slept with my boyfriend," she responded before I cut her off. 

"What the hell do you mean she slept with your boyfriend? Tamela would never do such a thing," I said. 

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that she did that. You know what they say like mother like daughter. How's your wife anyway? She still a snobby little bitch. I'm still confused as to why you stayed with her because we both know it's not the sex. You came to me for that. You remember all the long nights and the trips we took together. You really fooled me into thinking you loved me. I mean I thought that we were  really gonna be together as a family, but then I woke up from that dream the day I told you I was pregnant," she replied. 

"I didn't come here to discuss my marriage or our old issues. I came here to make sure that you got this message. If you ever threaten my child again, I won't kill you. I'll make sure you have to live with that mistake for the rest of your life. It'll torture you until you're begging for someone to put you out of your misery. Am I making myself clear," I said. 

"Crystal," she replied. 

I get up and I walk out of the house. I get in my car and I drive off towards my house. 

___________________________________________________________________

Tamela Pov

The manager of the complex gave me the key to my apartment and I went up to look at it. It's really nice. It has two bedrooms so it has plenty of room. I have the apartment, now I just need to get furniture. I have an air mattress in my car for me to sleep on for now, and I'll just order some take out. 

I can't wait for Rashad to see it. Maybe he can help me move the furniture in here. It'll give him a chance to put those muscles to use. He'll probably recruit some of his other guy friends to come help him. 

I'm just glad to be out of that house. I don't have to deal with Teresa anymore and I can be at peace and not be haunted by the horrible memories of Eddie. I used to have nightmares every now and again that Eddie was there raping me. I'm gonna let that go though. I'm in a new place now.  Things are really looking up. 

Hope yall enjoyed this update! I just wanted to give yall a lil something. Comment yall thoughts.