15 - Tine's POV

CHAPTER 15
Tine’s POV
First time doing internship at a law office was kind of tough. I just told Wat that it was fun because he might get worried and ask me to withdraw from my internship.  I was thrown a lot of case papers and the higher heads asked us to analyze the main cause of each case. Reading all day gave me headaches, yet I told my boyfriend that I enjoyed a lot where’s the lie Tine? Fong even said he wants to be buried alive right at the moment. But still, I had to endure it, all my parents sacrificed a lot have me work like this. And I know much my boyfriend is worried of me not being home. 
It’s all part of literally growing up, if I can’t handle this how much more if I became  officially a lawyer after this? How shall I defend my client whether it’s the victim or the accused? Doing all that stuff today made me realize that I have to make it work somehow. I have to make it work without having my relationship with my family, friends and my lover getting affected. “Tine! You’ve been there long enough… are you ok?” I woke up from all the overthinking when Sarawat called me from the outside.
“huh? Uh, yeah I’ll be out now” I went out after changing my clothes ready to sleep on the day that has passed. “are you ok? You look terrible, I can tell from your eyes you know? I’ve known you long enough to identify that” “I’m ok. Just so tired, I am still adopting to work life so I feel stressed just from the first day but I am ok” I tried to smile for him because I know that is what makes him stop worry the most.
“ok, just sleep on it and you will feel better tomorrow” I slept hugging him tightly like always. It’s totally the best comfort I’ve ever had in my entire life, no matter how tired I am as long as I come back home and he’s there that is more than enough. I wonder when I’ll be able to make him meet my parents, I thought I would be able too when I graduated from college but they weren’t there.
I want to make him feel officially welcomed in my life like how he did when he pushed me to meet his parents. I thought it would be awkward even if they already knew about us. I mean, they have a son well known to all sorts of girls yet their didn’t fall for any of those kinds of girls. But to my surprise his parents likes me and doesn’t care about that fact that almost every girl who knew about Sarawat liked him but he didn’t fall in love with any of  them.
I wonder what I did to deserve him. I am not that famous, I am not that talented or smart. All I had was my friends, my older brother who hated him at first and my parents who usually don’t come home anymore. I was just a normal guy at school, but some hot famous Sarawat fell in love with me and here we are. Life really is full of surprises.  “you said you were tired but you’ve been sighing there. Is something bothering you? Do you want to talk about it?” I was shocked when he spoke, I was lying over his chest I didn’t know that he was still up. “why are you still up? You could’ve been already asleep by now” “how can I? when I feel like you are very bothered with something”. Maybe we have gotten really in sync right now that he can totally see through me. “I am not, I’ll just go to sleep now”.
I woke up early the following day, the sun hasn’t even risen yet I don’t know why I got up so early. I was supposed to look up on the fridge about what’s available to cook after looking if Phukong is sleeping comfortably on the sofa when my phone rang. Who on earth would call me at this early hour?
“hello?”
“Tine, it’s me Type”
“P’Type? What’s up? Why did you call so early? Thankfully I am already up or Sarawat could’ve woken up too”
“sorry, but I just got an email from dad. He said they’ll come visit Bangkok in a month, he has been seeing our posts on IG using mom’s account. That’s why they decided to come home for a bit and meet our partners. He asked me to tell you so I called you immediately after I read it”
“uh? In a month? Meet Sarawat and Man? Seriously? If I had known that only seeing myposts with my boyfriend would make them come home then I would’ve posted  a lot before my graduation”
“common, stop sulking now. We are both in trouble, you know how righteous dad is, he might ask us to just continue work in the states”
“we are not kids anymore P, we should be able to decide for ourselves now. And besides, he just said he wants to meet them personally right? He didn’t say he’s back to get us to work in the States”
“who knows? Dad is just as unpredictable as you are. But I just called to tell you, when your free talk on it with Sarawat. I’ll drop the call off now, I have to prepare for work”
“ok, I’ll talk it out with him”

“Goodmorning P, who was it that called you this early?” I was shocked hearing Phukong’s voice “uh, my older brother. He said our parents are coming to Bangkok”
“really P? you said you haven’t seen them for a long time you must be happy” “I don’t really know about that. He said he’s coming to meet our boyfriends, my mom knows that I had been living with him for 2 years now but I am not so sure if she ever mentioned it to my dad. And my dad is a very righteous person so he might not really like the idea”. What am I gonna do? “just  trust the process P, I felt the same when I told my parents that I am dating a guy and not a girl. It sounded new, but because I am their son they have learned to accept it. Just don’t think about it P, P’Wat is just a cool person I bet your dad will love him”
I hope it’s as easy as saying it. When Sarawat woke up, he helped me cook for breakfast because he said that he suddenly want to learn how to cook so that he can return the favor of me always cooking for him. I don’t even know how I can bring up the topic of my parents coming to Bangkok. “babe, when is your day off?” he asked “I just started with my first day, yet your asking for my dayoff now? Why? do want to something or go somewhere?”
“uh, yeah. There’s this thing I need your help with. But I’ll mention it when you have your dayoff” what is this thing he’s saying? “ok, don’t worry I’ll ask when my break days are so that we can hang out with Phukong too”. Phukong is now like our son now that he’s been staying with us. And I feel very happy that they both promised me that they won’t fight while I’m gone.
As I arrived at work, Fong was already at his seat almost crying over tons of papers. “goodmorning” I greeted him, “there is nothing good in mornings anymore. Tell me again why I took law school with you, this all insane! I feel like I’m losing my life over something so nonsense. What does this cases have to do with me?” I just laughed at him.
“still you have to survive that. More worse case scenarios are yet to happen after we complete our internship. So make that work!” I cheered him, “persons who have someone they’re fighting for and doing everything for really acts different. You are doing the best that you could not to get tired of this because you have already planned and imagined your future with the only one in your life”
I laughed with all his nagging so early in the morning. “then look for that person you are referring too.  Who knows? Maybe it’s just right there yet you are too blind to see” “funny, should I go to a concert too? Hoping I’d step into someone and fall in love with that person. History could repeat itself you know”. We both just laughed with all the nonsense we were talking about. But the whole day, that parents coming to Bangkok issue really bothered me. Will my dad hate my boyfriend?

After work was over,  I was surprised when Phukong and Sarawat was there waiting for me outside the building. “I’ll be on my way now. Totally forgot you have YOUR FAMILY now” Fong really emphasized that and bid goodbye. “what’s with this? Why are you guys waiting for me?” “P’Type and Man are here, they both took a break from work for a week. Let’s go eat dinner with them” what?! My brother is here?! I haven’t even mentioned it to Sarawat yet!!!
“huh? P’Type is here? You mean they flew from Phuket to here?” I asked “P, P’Wat just mentioned it right? I am hungry now, they are waiting for us” what on earth am I supposed to do now?. When we arrived at the restaurant they were both already there. “Tine, tell me when are you planning to tell me that you went into Sarawat’s  home town and even brought his brother back” I really hate it when P’Type interrogates me.
“P, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. I mean, we’ve been together for almost 3 years so what’s the big issue?” “the big issue is you didn’t tell me all about it. I am not mad that you went there, my problem is you haven’t been informing me what you were doing. Not because I have been occupied with work and my love life lately it means that I don’t have time for you. Don’t do this again, no matter what you do you should always tell me about it”
“ok, I got it. I am sorry” why am I even apologizing for visiting the parents of my boyfriend? “uh, Tine may have not told you as I just told him earlier today and maybe he got occupied with the internship. But our parents are coming to Bangkok in a month for a visit. I don’t know how long they’ll stay but my dad told me that they have decided to visit because they want to meet you personally.  I just want to inform you that, Sarawat”
“uh, Bangkok? From the States? Suddenly? Why?” he asked “to meet you, and Man. Don’t worry, our dad won’t eat you alive. He is not a scary person” “aren’t you just saying that so that we won’t be scared P?” asked Man “where’s the lie? I’ll be honest with you, my dad is not the nicest person you’ll ever meet. So just pretend that you never heard anything if he says something not acceptable and never talk back to fight on your point because he hates that the most in the world” I said.
“let’s just deal with it. Actually I’ve been wanting to meet P’Type’s parents just to legally introduce myself as his boyfriend. I’ll take whatever harsh word your dad might say, I’m prepared for that. It’s the price of loving his son so I’ll take that open heartedly” said Man, the question is, will Sarawat say the same?