20 - Sarawat's POV

CHAPTER 20
Sarawat's POV
"we are scheduled to fly to Phuket this weekend Wat, I haven't told my boss yet but P'Type booked the flight along with theirs. So we can save some of the air fair too, have you talked to Ms.Ploy yet?" I am worried about a lot of things now, I haven't even prepared myself in meeting Tine's parents. I haven't told Ms. Ploy and there's Phukong too. Who will be here to look after him? "sorry Babe, I haven't yet. I was too occupied with work, and very nervous about meeting your parents. Plus there's my brother too, I can't leave him here alone and I can't let him stay with P'Mil yet"
"you can crash out Phukong from all of that. I decided to take him with us, and I told P'Type too and he is totally ok with it. I heard from Man that their house in Phuket is very spacious so there's really no need to worry. And about Ms. Ploy, I can talk to her for you. I know your scared that you might get fired from taking a leave often. I am sorry babe, I really didn't know that mom and dad would move their flight. I think they are just challenging all of us. When they knew that P'Type stays in Phuket, they said that they'll come here but when they found out that P'Type flew here they moved their flight to Phuket"
"mmm, I can sense that. You really don't have to worry I just didn't figure out a way yet but that doesn't mean that I'll back off. I'll talk to Ms. Ploy myself so you focus on your job and tell your boss about filing a leave too. Don't worry, I can handle my thing you should look after yours" I smiled to comfort him..
"what? A leave again?" "yes Boss, I'll take this chance to tell Ms. Ploy too that I can't go to the summit because I have urgent matters in Phuket" "Wat, do you really think she'll agree to this? Your ditching the summit for a personal reason. Plus, your filing for a leave again when you just got back from one. What will the other interns say? They'll talk behind your back. And if ever Ms. Ploys allows you to go, don't you think Tine will get the wrong thing that maybe Ms. Ploy really has a thing for you. Look I am not against you meeting Tine's parents, I just want you to be aware and careful of the complications"
"but I can't sacrifice this either, I've been waiting for this my whole life. To finally get the blessing of Tine's parents to date him. I don't care about what other people will say. That I disregarded such an important summit for my boyfriend. But to me, my boyfriend is more important than anything else. I don't care if I'll have to quit this job, the blessings that his parents will give us is way more important than anything right now"

"so, you didn't attend the summit because of this boyfriend of yours? You know what Sarawat? I still can't believe, you are such a capable guy and you have the charm too. Tons of girls are after you, why him? Look, I don't have the right to ask you about your personal life but your personal life seems to interrupting work matters already. If your lover really loves you, then he shouldn't make you choose over him and your work that is still all for your future. You are working for your future with him right? Then why are you choosing him than to attend the summit? Which can expose and develop your capability?"
"Tine, didn't make me choose over him and work Ms.Ploy. He just told me to do what I want to do and this is what I want to do. Yes, I've been wanting to work at a good company and work there for a long time so I can move into a more beautiful and bigger condo unit with my boyfriend, I am working hard for our future. But I've been waiting to meet his parents for ages too, I feel guilty to be dating him for ages and I don't even have his parent's blessings to date him. Yes, work is important, but I am working for Tine. So he is more important to me more than anything I could ever have in the future."
"are you well aware of what your workmates could probably say? This can also ruin my image as the boss of this company Sarawat. If I allow you to take a leave again to fly to Phuket for personal reasons they will think that I am favoring you" "I know that Ms. Ploy. But if you can control your employees well then I don't think they will that anymore. If you can explain to them well enough then that won't happen, but still the decision is yours to make. I am just here to let you know, if you won't allow me then I can quit, if you will allow me then I promise to not file for any leave in the next 5 months of my internship. You can just say that I am advancing my leave in the future"
"I'll get back to you, I think I have to think about it more" . I am not sure about what Ms. Ploy will say, but regardless of that I will still go and meet Tine's parents in Phuket. "so? What did Ms. Ploy say?" asked Boss "she said she needs to think about it for sometime. She's scared that it can ruin her image as the boss, others might say that she's favoring me too much. I told her that I can just quit but I think she hates that idea even more"
"Wat, are you blind or you just act like you don't feel it at all? Ms. Ploy wants to think about it thoroughly because she really has a thing for you and she doesn't want you to quit. But she also don't want you to meet Tine's parents because it feels like you guys are really getting married. But not seeing you anymore is even way more painful. On my perspective, I think you should just quit work" "that would be childish. Yes, I admit that I can sense that she likes me. But I can't jusr quit work everytime someone likes me because that can happen anywhere I go. As long as Tine trusts me then that won't be a problem". When I got back home, Tine wasn't there. "is Tine not here yet?" I asked Phukong "P, he said he'll pull an all nighter today. His boss allowed him to file a leave as long as he won't leave any unfinished work" "all nighter? Can he even pull that off? He's such a sleepy head" "I think we should just fetch him early in the morning P. He is working hard to finish his work so he can fly to Phuket without any worry. It's his decision, he'd be delighted if we just support him"
"well, I think your right" I went to our room and took a bath. When I got back to the sala, I saw Phukong looking all troubled. "are you thinking about your paper? What's with the long face?" I asked him "my paper's all good P, I am thinking about P'Tine letting me come with you to Phuket. Won't his parents be mad?" "I've met his mom once and she's really nice but I haven't met his dad so I really can't say anything. But you don't have to worry about that. We can handle that, you just have to focus on your paper. That way Tine can rest assured about you too"
"P, you must've died for the country on your past life" "where did that thought come from?" "I mean, you don't have any dating experience before P'Tine and you used to run away from your fans all the time. But you turned out to date someoene so nice and perfect for you in the first try. Did have your luck read by someoene?" "are you kidding me Phukong? What nonsense are you talking about? Look, I just saw him and my heart told me that he's the person for me. So I tried it and here we are. You know what? For some people it might be a trial and error... but for some, they are just destined to meet"
"well, maybe that luck you are talking about sided with even from the start. Makes me wonder is luck only sides with those who has pretty faces. But anyways, I hope luck still sides with you when you go and meet his parents. Hearing what P'Type always say, his dad could be a little tough and knowing how cold you are to people you just met, I think you should reduce that. You must please them with the first impression, who knows? It might change a thing or two about their decision. I know you want to marry him already, and it's ok with us, mom and dad. But if his parents don't approve of you specially because this is not the normal relationship they imagined, mom and dad's opinion might change too"
Phukong could be right, if Tine's parents won't like me then my parents wouldn't push them too. But right now, I seriously don't want to talk about it yet. I want to have positive thoughts, his mom already knows about us since college and she was ok with it, but can that change? Or did it change? "why? Did you use that first impression thing on P'Mil's family. Our parents may have not known but I know that he already introduced you to his family"

"you sure have lazer eyes. It was because he's such an honest kid so he didn't want to date illegally and he's been working now so he thought nothing would be wrong with it. I haven't taken him to meet mom and dad because he's been in and out of town lately because of a big project. Regarding me meeting his parents, yes I used that method. Being nice at the first impression and I told you just incase it helps. But I am telling you that there's a big difference. P'Mil's family are open to this kind of relationship so they accepted me easily. But we don't know about P'Tine's family, even P'Type kept you two apart when he saw the post of P'Tine saying he likes you who is a guy, years back. How much more about his parents? Coming to your place to check like what P'Type did might not be enough"
That could possibly happen but I don't want to think about. Yes, a lot of possibilities are there but we haven't even arrived there yet. As they say, we'll know when we get there..
"babe? Are you up fully?"
"I woke up early to wait for your call... are you done? You must be so tired"
"come fetch me please? I feel sleepy, if I take a taxi I might sleep on the way"
"I'm on my way... just wait for me ok?"
"mmm"

I dressed up fast and drove on the way to his office. When I got there, he was even sleeping on the lobby. "babe, let's go home know... you look like a rotten vegetable now" "can you not tease me now? I am so tired, I want to go home and sleep already" "sorry, I was just kidding.. come, I'll take your bag for you" on the way home he slept like he was hybernating. Just one all nighter made him look like a rotten vegetable, how much more in the next days coming? I am scared that he'll get sick, I don't think I can bear him get sick. I'll get depressed, and he's never been severly sick in front of me in the last 3 years, what am I supposed to do if that just happens?
When we arrived, I carried him. I think he even lost consciousness out of tiredness... is he that willing to see his parents? I bet he missed them a lot, they haven't come home in ages and knowing my boyfriend, he is such a softie for his family. Poor Tine, I can't bear seeing him this weak.. but sometimes we really have to sacrifice for things that matter even more...