17 - Tine's POV

CHAPTER 17
Tine’s POV
After the long talk, they continued drinking and I don’t want to get too drunk so I went for fresh air. “you know what? You have really changed a lot. I was just gone for a bit but as I got back you were already like this” I was shocked when P’Type suddenly followed me and talked. “what’s like? I don’t get where you’re going at” “you’ve become so family oriented. You are now putting Sarawat and Phukong first before everything else. It’s as if  you have decided to start working already because you want to have a better life with him and work it out together. Even letting his brother come back with you makes me think that you want to practice becoming parents. Are you thinking about it now?”
“when I started to date him, all I thought was to be happy together and love each other for a very long time. I thought that time we have already started a life together in just that. But P, when we moved to a new apartment then he started working already everthing in my perspective with him changed. I felt like straight couples have families by this age and part of their lives. I don’t want him to feel the difference, what if he decides to break up with me later because he realized that I won’t be able to give him that perfect family every perfect man like him should deserve. Im so scared, because I love him so much that is why I’ve been trying so hard to soothe him and take care of him”
“well, it’s not only you who’s in a hard position. It’s really going to be hard, but I thought you already talked it out. That as long as you love each other nothing else will matter. Don’t think about him all the time Tine, what if you’re overthinking it and all this time it’s you who wants to have a family with him? Don’t overthink it and just live everyday with love for him. I think having Phukong around will help you think, if you want to adopt a kid and raise it together”
He is about to meet my parents, maybe that is the reason I’ve been thinking about our future. P’Type is not even worrying about all this things. He is just living life everyday waking up next to Man and letting time decide what should happen with their future or if they’ll still stay together by that time. Maybe I should just think the same, I should just let time decide what should happen with Sarawat and I. What should matter is that I love him, and he loves me and we’re both ok and happy..
This thoughts should be out of the picture… I was laughing along with Phukong when Sarawat woke up because he got so drunk last night and now he’s got a hangover and looks very terrible. “you know what P? if your fans sees this they’ll be very disappointed” we continued to laugh but he doesn’t even care and just fell to me, like a helpless kid being abandoned. “babe, I have terrible headache. Cook soup for me please?” he acted all clingy..  “Wat, it’s gonna be different from all the times you got drunk before. I can’t stay all day to take care of you, so I’ll let Phukong do it. I’ll just cook hangover soup for you and buy some medicines too. After eating you have to sleep again and rest” I told him but he seems disappointed with what I just said. “yeah, you love and care about your work more than me. I’ve known that for long”.. what now? He’s acting like a kid all over again..
“Sarawat, don’t talk to me in that tone. You don’t know how much I care about you to be able to stay with you for years. Don’t make it sound like I don’t have a heart, no matter how you try to act pitiful I won’t stay. It’s all different now, we both have work and we should be able to control ourselves. That is why I told you that being at home should be enough as a work break. Given all this changes in our lives, it doesn’t mean that I love you less. It’s just that we have to work hard in our responsibilities, it’s all for our future after all”
“mmm, I know. I just tried, don’t nag now please? I have a very bad headache and I might just attend work at noon” he sighed deeply. “no, usually you get slight fever when you have a hangover. I’ll handle that for you, just stay at home for the day. I am scared that you’ll pass out at work, it’ll just make things even worser. Just rest, I’ll intruct Phukong about the time when you’ll take your medications. Rest for the day”
“but babe, I have papers due today. Just let me go at noon, please babe?” this guy is just as hard headed as a rock. “you knew that you have papers due today, why did you get drunk last night? I am telling you to stay and get some rest so you will. If Boss is too lazy to cover up for you today then I will. Is problem solved now?” I road a taxi on the way to the company where Sarawat is working. And luckily I already saw Boss at the basement.
“oh, Tine why are you here instead of Wat? Where is he?” “you sure have high tolerance for alchohol. He’s at home, he got a very bad hangover. Usually when he gets hangover he gets slightly sick so I told him to take a break. Can you tell your boss for me?” maybe he can help me with this little thing.  “I have a hangover too, but Pear came to my condo and cooked hangover soup for me so I got very energized” “this is getting too far. When will you ask her to be your girlfriend?”
“just patience, but about Wat’s condition… I think you should go meet our boss yourself. The thing is, we’re in a rush hour and I don’t think she’s in a good mood today. I might get fired if I go” yeah right.. “ok, it’s ok I’ll just go meet her myself. Where is she?” “are you guys looking for me? What’s the matter? Are you a new applicant? Do you want to intern here too?” I was mesmerized, she’s pretty. This visuals is the type that usually falls for my boyfriend. I wasn’t mesmerized not just because she’s pretty but also because I was worried that something might be going on.  “Ms. Ploy, this is..” I didn’t let Boss finish and introduced myself  “Sawasdee Khrap, I am Tine. I’m not here to apply or even get any connection with your company. I am here to talk about my boyfriend, Sarawat Guntithanon, do you have spare time for me, Ms?” I want to laugh at her face as she was so shocked but I kept my expression.
“oh, you are…. Sarawat’s…….uh,  boyfriend? Nice to meet you. I’m Ploy, his boss. Of course I have time for my employees concerns all the time. Boss, you may leave now Mr. Tine and I have something to talk about.. this way please” Boss left me with a worried face as I follow this Ploy girl to her office.. “so, what is it that worries you about my employee Mr. Tine?” she asked as we arrive “my boyfriend is a slighly sick today Ms. Ploy. I know that your employees are in a rush hour day too, my boyfriend also told me that he has papers due today and he really is worried about it. But I asked him not to come, so I would like to ask for your permission to allow him to have a sick leave today”
“of course, it’s not much of a big issue. My employee’s health is my main priority so it’s ok. He could’ve just texted me to let me know, you didn’t have to come it seems like I was the one that disturbed your plans today Mr. Tine” “thank you for your kind consideration Ms. Ploy, actually if my boyfriend was indecent then he could’ve just texted you. But Sarawat isn’t like that, it would look unprofessional too if he personally texted his own boss. It would look like he is flirting, and ever since we started dating in college he never onced did that. Don’t worry that you bothered my plans today. I just dropped by, I was also on my way to work.. I am an lawyer and the law firm I work for is not that far from here”
“oh, that’s just awesome you’ve been together since college? That’s really sweet, I didn’t know that Sarawat was….” I knew what she’s about to say “what Ms. Ploy? That he would date a guy? We’ve been together for 3 years, but I also don’t know why. I admit that my boyfriend is very famous back in college that is undeniable. All sorts of different girls went after him, he could’ve just chosen from them. He even had a best friend whom everyone thought that was the one he was dating but it isn’t her. Why because he loves me, and that wouldn’t change even if every kind of girl goes after him… oops I think I took much of your time already, I should go.. it was nice to meet you Ms. Ploy” I didn’t wait for her reply and left..
I know that I was being too sarcastic, but for sure he has something for my boyfriend so before it gets too worse she should know her place. I won’t let history repeat itself… I don’t why I felt so pissed off just seeing her face, I feel like she wantsSarawat to go join the summit for a reason. “what’s with the long face? You look like you went on a battle” teased Fong “I went to see Sarawat’s boss” “why? Did you caught them flirting? Did someone tell you that Sarawat was cheating?” asked Ohm “did you confront his boss?” asked Phuek “stop it! You guys are over reacting… Sarawat got slightly sick from getting drunk last night. So I asked his boss for permission to let him have a sick leave today” “if that’s so, why are you having a very long face? Are  you being a paranoid again?” asked Ohm “I also don’t know. Maybe I am, maybe I’m not” “let me guess, you finally saw her in person after Boss has been talking about her and when you saw her you found out that she’s really pretty” said Fong
“how did you know?” I asked him “I know you like the back of my hand, you’ve been like this since college so how could I not? Your scared again because she’s pretty and might flirt with Sarawat, right?” “fine! I am getting paranoid again, but am I wrong? I just don’t want history to repeat itself” “if Sarawat heard what you said just know, he can get offended. You’ve been dating for ages but you still don’t trust him, being jealous about someone who ain’t even doing anything yet means you don’t trust your partner. And to be frank, this shouldn’t be anything new Tine. You should’ve gotten used to it that Sarawat is always surrounded with tons of hot and sexy girls why? Because his charm is undeniable, even straight men would be willing to be gay for him. Do you really trust him? Cause if you do, this won’t be a problem. You can’t keep him surrounded by your appearance all the time, it was you who said that you should both do well on your responsibilities after all”
Fong could be right, I’ve been with him for ages. How can I still get jealous? I really so stupid, but I can’t just ignore my senses too. I onced ignored my senses when Sarawat onced said that he didn’t feel the same for Pam as he did for me when he first me. And looked what happened, we fought and was even on the bridge of breaking up. Thank God that how we truly felt for each other saved our relationship.  “I think that it’s not because I don’t trust him, but because I don’t trust the people around him”
“Tine, it’s still the same. Because if you trust Sarawat then you trust that he can handle situations wherein people flirt with him. He trusts you so much for sure that he let you apply for an internship at this law firm. Why don’t you do the same? Fong already told you, you can’t care for others all the time. Think about those who care about you, and of that is Sarawat. Think of how he’d feel when he finds out that you don’t trust him” said Phuek… But I trust him, I just can’t conrol myself thinking about what if what happened in the past will happen again. Will we really break up this time?