Chapter 27

Sapphira took one last glance through the window, for some reason her eyes automatically locked with those of Luke. While she knew he couldn't see her she kept that lock whilst she gently placed the bottle on the windowsill.

As she broke the eye contact she looked down at her other hand, the one holding the small vile. She held it up to the light for a second, right before placing it into one of her pockets. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes for a moment, almost as if to ready herself. As she opened her eyes she looked down at Percy for a moment, almost as if to say, 'Don't worry I'll be back soon.

Closing her eyes once more she started to disappear from the cottage, leaving an empty space behind as Percy sat there, his tail moving side to side disapprovingly.

At that exact moment, right outside of the cottage, something started to appear. The second they noticed the slightest change their eyes locked upon that exact spot, as something started to appear, seemingly out of thin air.

Slowly what appeared to be smoke started to form, first completely shapeless, but then it started to take shape...

Luke's eyes were locked upon said shape, deep down knowing what it would turn into, yet he still waited, just to be sure. As the smoke started to form further it took the shape of a woman.

It was then that his mind went blank, that is except for only one thing... Sapphira. Immediately he rushed over to her, intending to grab her, hold her tightly and never let her leave his side again. As he did so, however, instead of feeling her skin, and feeling her all he felt was air, with a slight hint of smoke. Immediately he tried again, almost panicked, and again, and again.

Only after the fifth time, he realized how futile his actions were. Taking a step back he looked at her, 'was she actually there?' he questioned himself, looking at her once more. But there she was, he was sure of it. But as he looked closer he noticed something odd... Instead of a normal human being standing there, it was almost as if she was a ghost.

His brows furrowed, she was there, it looked just like her, but yet it wasn't. It was almost as if only half of her was there at that moment. She looked empty, half there, transparent, the edges a little fuzzy...

He reached out his hand to her once more, reaching out to hers, seemingly trying to grab it as it simply moved through it... Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands...

He stared at her, as she simply stared back at him. For some reason, she had decided not to say anything to him yet. For a moment she just wanted to observe him, see how he responded to her 'current state' so to say.

A part of her had expected him to be angry, to shout at her, yet here he was, just staring at her. His face was stoic, almost like a mask, yet she could see the sadness deep within his eyes. Perhaps it was a slight twitch from the corner of his mouth or the watery look within his eyes that told her that at that moment, all he felt was sadness...

Though as subtle and well-hidden as that had been, within mere seconds it was gone. For a split second his face was completely neutral, the feeling now successfully hidden somewhere within. Yet that was where it started to change... The anger that she had expected clearly started to boil to the surface.

"What. is. this?" He said through gritted teeth, as his fists started to clench.

In response, Sapphira crossed her arms, "A new tactic." She stated walking over to a log to her right, "Without a physical form you can't force me into anything, yet we can still discuss our situation."

A loud and angry growl left the throat of the Alpha, his eyes clearly locked on the witch.

"I think it is time to leave you two alone," Mason said, his voice almost a whisper, yet both the Alpha and witch picked up on it. Neither, however, deemed it necessary to respond as they were soon left alone.