Chapter 12

Once Sapphira had put Percy down, he'd fully returned to normal once more. Immediately laying down and sleeping again. She smiled down at the creature before looking up at the window once more. He was still there.

She sighed as she tried to figure out what to do. His eyes told her that he was sad, pleading almost.

Raking a hand through her burgundy hair she walked away from the window. As she made her way to the front door she noticed that Luke was still following her movements from the outside, moving along with her. 

Once she reached the door she gently placed her hand upon it, trying to determine if this was the right course of action. Deciding to just bite through the sour apple she swung the door open and was immediately met with the eyes of Luke.

Who was still in wolf form. 

Clutching her cardigan around herself she stood in her doorway. The wolf stared intently at her before walking away for a moment, within seconds Luke, in human form, appeared. 

"You keep clothes here?" Sapphira said with furrowed brows. 

Luke didn't respond to her question as he looked at her with an expressionless face, "Why did you run?" He stated, his deep voice reverberating around her. 

"Because you wanted to force me to stay," Sapphira said, crossing her arms.

He stayed quiet for a moment as he just stared at her. At that moment Sapphira took the opportunity to do the same. It wasn't intentional, it just kind of happened...

It started when he tensed for a moment, causing his muscles to shift, which wasn't hidden very well by the shirt he was wearing. Somehow she caught herself staring at it, her thoughts drifting...

Her eyes then travelled up to his face, to the strong jaw, the gorgeous eyes and glorious hair...

'What am I doing?" She thought as it seemed to sneak up on her. She was aware of the attraction of her towards him, but it hadn't been this strong. Immediately she pulled her gaze to the ground, trying to keep it away from him. 

"Why can't you just abide pack law?" He said as he started walking closer to her. 

Sapphira, however, didn't respond to this action, as she knew the protection spell was still in place. She did, however, respond to his question, "I'm not in your pack."  

As he got closer she knew that soon he would be stopped by the spell. When the moment came, however, it didn't. 

"You are." He said, still getting closer.

Sapphira took a step back, ready to close the door. 

"You are my mate, my luna." He said as he stood within inches of her.  

Sapphira was about to swing the door closed, but something deep within her somehow stopped her. Instead, she just stared at the man before her, not quite knowing what to do next. 

Suddenly, however, much to her surprise, she was pulled into a hug. His face once more burying into her neck, taking in her scent. Startled, she carefully placed her arms around him, embracing him in the hug.

As she did so she felt him relax as the tension left his body. Quite surprising to her, she actually enjoyed the hug and the feeling of him holding her. For a moment she felt all her worries wash away as all she felt was the hug. 

That moment ended however when she was suddenly lifted off of the floor and flung over his shoulder. 

"What the-" She yelled as she was now held like a sack of potatoes. "Let me go!" Screaming and kicking she banged her fists on his back. 

"No, you're coming with me, we need to discuss this." He stated, unfazed by her as he started walking out of her house. 

"I'll hex you." Sapphira threatened.

"Without your wand?" He asked and she could hear the smug look in his voice. 

"I don't need it." She said. 

"Bite me." He simply replied as they entered the forest. 

From the moment the front door had opened, Percy had been alert. The second he'd taken Sapphira the cat had run into the hall and grabbed the wand. Holding it in his mouth Percy started his pursuit of them, ready to help his owner.