Chapter 32

The packhouse was buzzing with life as Sapphira and Mason pulled up. Immediately, two men from the pack ran up to the car, insisting on helping with the luggage. At first, Mason didn't think too much of it, but after seeing the look on Sapphira's face, he immediately waved them off, "Don't worry, guys, I've got this." 

Sapphira gave him a thankful look as she moved to the trunk of the car and grabbed her bag, with Percy trailing behind her. Mason waited for a moment before she stopped next to him. "So..." she said, eyeing the house apprehensively. "Where to?" 

Mason smiled, "Inside." He said motioning towards the large front doors, "Come on, I'll you." 

Sapphira nodded as they made their way inside into the large foyer of the house. Now Sapphira had been here before, yet somehow it felt different being back here. This time the plan was to stay, at least overnight, and not just once. 

As her eyes roamed around the foyer Mason spoke up, "Are you alright?" He said closing the door behind them. "You don't seem as at ease as at the party." 

"It's just a lot," Sapphira started, taking in the grandeur of the packhouse, with its high ceilings and decorations. "Let's keep it at that." 

"I can only imagine," Mason said as he started walking to the large staircase that was right in front of them, "I'll show you your room." He added. 

As they started walking up the stairs, a brief silence fell over them. That was however, until Mason spoke up once more, "I just have to ask, penny for your thoughts?"

A soft smile graced Sapphira's features. "It's just a bit overwhelming, "she said. I mean, at first, me being here was just a one-time thing. Now..." She paused for a moment. Now, I just saw the way those men reacted when we arrived, and it made me realise even more how things are going to change." 

Mason nodded, his brows furrowing slightly as he sighed, "I understand, I must say I didn't expect this outcome when I invited you to the party in the first place." 

Sapphira chuckled softly, "Neither did I." 

As they reached the top of the stairs, Sapphira looked around once more, "Man, this house is massive." 

Mason laughed, "Well, we're quite a large pack so we do need the space. Besides, I think you would find any packhouse large." 

"Fair," Sapphira muttered under her breath. 

"So your room is down the hallway to the left, right at the very end." 

"Do you have a room here as well?" Sapphira asked as she followed Mason. 

"Sort off," He replied, "I mean I used to have one, then when I met my mate, we moved out. But should I ever need a room again, then there will be one available for me." He stopped at the end of the hallway, in front of a set of double doors, "Here we are." 

Sapphira looked at the doors, immediately realising whose room this was, "Honestly, I'm surprised that there isn't a large plaque with 'Alpha' written on it in cursive." 

Mason chuckled as he opened the door and held it open, "Lady's first."

Taking a deep breath, Sapphira stepped over the threshold of the large room. The scent was the first thing that hit her. This was definitely Luke's room. Not only that, but the room was also much larger than her own bedroom. The thing that surprised her the most, however, was that the room didn't really look like someone actually lived there. In fact, it looked more like a fancy hotel room than a normal person's bedroom. 

Much like the rest of the house, the room was a collection of brown and beige colours. The incredibly large bed looked perfectly made as if no one had ever slept in it, and the room even had a small couch with an armchair and a salon table. Looking around she noticed that the room had a door on each side of it. 

"The door on the left goes to the closet," Mason said, walking over to it and opening it. You can put your things there, and that door," he pointed at the other door, "goes to the bathroom."

"Does everyone have their own bathroom, or just-"

"Mainly just the Alpha." Mason said, "Well and you. You can make yourself at home, Luke will be here shortly. Is there anything I can do for you in the meantime?" 

Sapphira shook her head as she placed her bag on the couch, "I don't think so." She then looked back at the bed, where Percy had already made himself comfortable, when she realised something, "Oh shit..." She muttered, putting her hand on her face, "I forgot his litterbox." 

"I'll send someone to get that," Mason said as he walked over to the door that led to the hallway, "It should be here soon." 

"It's fine I could just head back to my cottage and-"

"Mason will take care of it." The deep voice of the Alpha rang through the room as he entered, "Then you can unpack." 

Sapphira's head whipped around as she watched Luke enter the room. Mason nodded, standing up straighter. "I will; I'll leave the two of you alone," he said as he left the room, closing the door behind him. 

"That's all you've brought?" Luke said, eyeing the bag Sapphira had taken with her. 

She nodded, "I wasn't sure what to bring; besides, you'd be surprised as to how much fits in that bag." 

Luke considered it for a moment, then nodded, picked up the bag and started carrying it to the closet. 

"I can do that," Sapphira said, trailing after him. "You don't need-" 

"I don't, but I want to," Luke said as he entered the large walk-in closet, Sapphira walking in behind him. 

"My god, this is a large closet." She said as she looked around, eyeing the sitting area in the middle, "It has its own couch?" 

Luke's low laugh rumbled through the room, "You seem so surprised, I thought you may like the closet." 

"I don't dislike it," Sapphira said, walking over to the large floor-length mirror, "I just didn't expect this." She said, looking at herself and fixing her hair. 

Luke smiled as he hugged her from behind, looking at her through the mirror. "That much is obvious."