Chapter 32

Sapphira was startled at his gesture; somehow, she hadn't expected that. She was quick to hide it, but sadly, Luke took notice, "Sorry," He said, letting go of her and stepping away quickly as he averted his gaze. "I didn't think." 

Sapphira whipped around, "No," she said, her hand reaching towards him, "It's alright, I just didn't expect it, that's all." She looked away for a brief moment, biting her lip, "I know you meant well." 

A soft smile graced Luke's usually stern features, "Good," He said softly, his hand reaching out to put a stray piece of hair that had fallen in front of her face behind her ear, "So how are you finding the pack house so far?" 

A blush tinged over Sapphira's face as she stared up at him, clearing her throat to try and distract from it, "Odd." Was all she said. 

Luke's eyebrows rose as he sat on the couch behind him and crossed his arms, "Odd?"

"It's..." Sapphira started, subconsciously mimicking his pose as she crossed her arms, "It's a lot, you know." She said softly, "This house, this mansion is huge I should say, it's huge. Not only that but it is filled to the brim with people. It's almost like this really fancy hotel, but all the guests know each other, and they're all permanent residents, I guess." She paused for a moment before waving one of her hands dismissively and looking down at the floor, "I'm sorry that was a really bad analogy; let's just say it's a lot to take in. Very different from my little cabin." 

For a brief moment, there was silence before the soft rumble of Luke's chuckle vibrated through the room. Sapphira's head shot up, their eyes connecting immediately, "It does sound rather..." He paused, looking for the right word, "Special." He added, "When you put it like that." 

Sapphira smiled, letting out an amused huff of air, "Glad I didn't offend you." 

Luke shook his head, "You didn't. Before I knew you, you might have..." He raked a hand through his hair, messing it up slightly, "But... let's just say that I'm trying to understand you." 

At that, Sapphira's smile broadened an action that did not go unnoticed by Luke, whose smile turned brighter as well. While Sapphira was unsure what to say to that, Luke knew that she appreciated his gesture without her saying anything. 

"So..." Sapphira started, breaking the silence that had fallen over them, "I guess I should unpack." 

Standing up from the couch, Luke nodded, "Do you need any help with that?" 

She shook her head, as she started to walk out of the closet, "No I... I wasn't sure what to bring so I didn't bring that much." 

Luke followed her into the room and was about to say something when she continued, "I mean, my cottage isn't too far away, and if I need anything, I can just go pick it up." 

He nodded, his eyes now on Percy who was now peacefully dozing off right in the middle of the large bed. "Why is he on our bed?" 

Sapphira sighed, trying to keep herself from correcting him, 'Your bed', she thought before looking up at him, "Percy?" She asked. 

Luke crossed his arms, "If that's what he's called." 

"I guess he just likes that spot," Sapphira said, grabbing her clothes from her bag and carrying them over to the closet, "Do you have something against that?" She added over her shoulder.

"I don't want pets on my bed," Luke said, standing in the doorway of the closet. 

"Why not?" Sapphira said, having put away her clothes and now standing in front of Luke in the doorway. 

"It's not exactly clean," He said, pointing at the cat, "And then there's fur everywhere." 

Sapphira sighed, gently pushing him out of the way. He took the hint and stepped aside so she could walk back into the main room. "I didn't think that you off all people would find fur to be the problem." Grabbing her toiletries she walked over to the door on the other side of the room. "Besides he's a very clean cat." 

"Well, I don't want fur in my bed," Luke said, walking after her. 

"My god, this is a huge bathroom." Sapphira exclaimed when she oppend the bathroom door, "This is a bath-house." She said stepping inside and looking around. 

The first thing she noticed as she walked in was the huge bathtub that stood right in the middle of the room. Not only did it have golden faucet's it also had little golden feet. The rest of the bathroom was large and spacious, on her right was a large shower, and on her left was what she assumed to be the toilet. Straight ahead was a large mirror with two sinks, and cabinets. 

Near the left sink stood a couple of toiletries, the right sink however, was empty. Sapphira walked over to it, and placed her bag next to the sink. Through the mirror she saw that Luke was standing in the door opening behind her, "Bath-house?" He said with a raised eyebrow. 

"It's huge." Sapphira replied, turning around, "Besides, you don't strike me as a bath person." 

"I'm not, but I wasn't the one who designed this room." He replied, "But back to the cat-," He started, but then stopped talking, his eyes seemingly glazing over for a moment. 

Sapphira looked at him, slightly confused, was this their mind-link?

Then suddenly he seemed to return to his senses, "What do you want to do with dinner?"  He said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"With dinner?" Sapphira asked, crossing her arms. 

"Angelica asked me to ask you want you want for dinner, and what you want to do with dinner. Do you want to eat with the large group that eats together, do you just want to eat with me or with Angelica as well?" He said letting the last question trail off. 

"Owh," Sapphira said, "I... I hadn't thought about that one yet. I don't have a preference for what we eat, and I don't want to eat with the large group, but I wouldn't mind eating with Angelica." 

"She'll be pleased to hear that." Luke said, as Sapphira walked towards him, back into the bedroom. 

Sapphira walked passed him and over to her bag, when his eyes glazed over once more. From her pocket she retrieved her wand and flicked it. The remaining items in her bag levitated out of it and found their way to their respective spot. A couple of things flew to the empty nightstand, a set of shoes flew into the closet and a cat bed flow to the foot of the bed. Then finally the bag itself flew to the closet. 

"Percy?" She said, causing the eyes of the cat to open, "Would you mind stepping of the bed? He doesn't like it." She nodded to Luke. 

The cat threw the Alpha a definite glare before standing up, stretching and leaping off the bed. He then walked over to the tiny cat bed, looked at it and jumped into the couch, taking up as much space as possible. 

Sapphira chuckled softly as she sat down next to him, "Perce, be nice." 

Luke sighed, "At least he isn't on the bed anymore."