12 My Pig Whistles

I STROLL DOWN TO the kitchen where Sandy's presence turns me into a scared-to-death victim

I STROLL DOWN TO the kitchen where Sandy's presence turns me into a scared-to-death victim. But she flinches too and almost loses the hold of the cake in her arms "Oh my god, don't scare me like that, Y/n. You want a bite, too?"

She holds a giant cake in front of my face and hypnotically continues eating. She's really less like a human being and more like a raccoon in a dumpster next to the fridge.

"Why are you whispering?" I sneak over to her. Even my confusion is confused.

"Shhh! I don't want the others to steal my cake, especially Sarah. She did that on set all the time" Understanding Sandy with a full mouth and suppressed giggle is bordering on a masterstroke.

"You're still asking? I love to eat away the food."

"How about eating the cake undisturbed near the lake?"

"Okey-dokey! But how are we going to get there unseen? The others crawl all around the house."

"That's why we're turning ourselves into secret agents now" Before I can even respond to this questionable statement she grabs me by the hand and runs towards the dining area.

Our little mission quickly turns into a life-threatening and all-important survival maneuver followed by incessant giggling. We form a pistol out of our hands and creep crouched from room to room like professional secret agents. While doing so, our heads keep a paranoid lookout for the others around.

"Agent Y/l/n, I'm visualizing the Exit in the next room. We have green light. I repeat, green light."

"It's now or never, Agent Bullock" We get ready to escape and run out the back door as fast as we can until we reach the garden lawn and only need to hop over a boundary bush.

First Sandy jumps followed by me... or so I thought. But when my foot gets trapped in a huge tree root I crash full speed into the bushes. It happened so fast that I'm still lying confused in the middle of the hedge and have to clear my vision.

"Oh my god, Y/n, is everything-" Sandy suddenly goes quiet as we hear Helena's voice from a distance.

By now I can recognize Sandy through my disheveled and stuck hair on the branches even though I'm still lying in the bush. She quickly ducks down next to me and puts her hand in front of our faces to block out the laughter.

"Did you hear that, Mindy? I'm gonna check this out."

Our pupils expand as we make help-seeking eye contact and automatically hold our breath. Helena's footsteps grow louder and louder. I can even hear her breathing. Things can't get any worse. Yeah, bullshit. Because as I lie still contorted in the pinching branches and wet leaves something decides to climb up my arm.