20 The Hike

"AYYY, I JUST SEE there's a great waterfall nearby" Fina sips her cup of coffee and scrolls through her phone while I lie comfortably next to her on the couch with my feet in her lap

Winnie also joins us, running playfully through the living area. I press a pillow against my head because every little noise makes my headache worse. Even the smell of all the coffee and Cate's recently prepared pancakes turns my stomach.

"Yeah right, we planned to go hiking today anyway, so we can combine that right away" I can only hear Sandy's voice muffled through the pillow.

Wait a damn minute.

I put the cushion aside and brace my hands on the edge of the sofa to get the others back into view because we all spread out in the living and dining area. I need to see if anyone else doesn't like Sandy's suggestion. Otherwise I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

"Did we?" Rihanna raises her eyebrows suspiciously.

"I don't want to be chopped up into a million little pieces in the forest-" Sarah is sitting at the dinnertable next to Sandy and Cate.

"-NO, Sarah, I don't have enough emotional capacity to start this conversation, AGAIN" Sandy looks at her with a stern gaze and continues to drink her coffee.

*silence*

"But I'm the fucking supr-"

"-No!"

Sarah pulls a pouty face and continues to poke her fork aimlessly into the pancakes.

"I don't know, my hangover is really killing me at this point, Sandy. I can barely remember yesterday. Just some vomit in the bathroom and Sarah's b-"

It's not until I say the thoughts out loud that a part of my memory comes back abruptly.

Oh my god, what the fucking hell have we done.

"Sarah's what?" Questionable looks riddle me.

Once again, I've managed to pull that off brilliantly.

"Um..." I helplessly glance over to Sarah who hides her grin behind her mouth as she continues to eat the pancakes.

"It's all blurry. I can't remember."

"Looks like someone crossed her limit last night" Cate cuts off a piece of Sarah's pancake laughing.

"Yes, it was definitely her who reached the highest score last night" Sarah winks at me seductively.

This. Woman.