21 Dead Body

THE RISING HUMIDITY softens the leafy ground and requires all our effort as we continue to follow Helena over the rocks

Sarah and I are walking at the very back, enjoying the relaxed atmosphere when Cate stops shocked in front of us.

"Omg" Her sudden remark nearly scares Sarah to death, making her hold onto my shoulder anxiously.

"Ah! What the-"

"-There! Do you see it?" Cate points her finger impatiently at the upper tree branches.

"No, what's there?" I can hear Sarah's panicked undertone.

"A RASPER thinking of the best way to kill and steal you" Cate speaks in a deeper pitch of voice as well as gesturing creepily with her hands.

"Ssstop it!"

"But who would steal a dead body anyway?" Rihanna laughs walking in front of us.

"Oh, plenty of people" I reply confidently.

"You're crazy, no one would steal a dead body" Sandy argues with me continuing to hold her phone in the air frantically.

"Of course someone would! Organ harvesters, cadaver-less med students, Satanists, mad scientists looking to create their own monster."

"Or the guys who killed him might have left some evidence behind" Cate thinks.

"Boring. How about a spy having swallowed a microchip that the enemy spies murder him over before the CIA can get ahold of him?" Sarah claps her hands proudly.

Before we can even talk further about this extraordinarily important topic, Helena abruptly stops in front of us.

"You guys, I am not sure if we should take the left or right way here."

Is Helena turning more and more into Indiana Jones or is it just me.

"My gut says it's the left way we should take" I reply.

"Oh, so you don't believe in fate, yet your gut has magical properties" Sarah stares offensively at me with crossed arms "What about unicorns and fairies? Didn't you ever think your dolls used to get up at night and play with your toys?"

"Sorry."

"Mmm... Let me guess. You were one of those annoying 6 year olds who stopped believing in Santa Claus because you figured out he couldn't travel faster than the speed of light."

"I was 3 and we didn't have a chimney" We both look at each other suspiciously and notice only after an unaccustomed silence that all faces are directed at us.

"Wow, you guys really have the attention span of a fly" Anne laughingly shakes her hand.

"Ladies, attention please. I agree with Y/n" Sandy nods thoughtfully.