Chapter one

A/N:  Hi! Before starting, I just want to remind you that this is a story coming right from my imagination, this have nothing to do with the real story of Angelina and Brad's divorce.
Thank you for reading and I hope you'll like it!
———

ANGELINA'S POV

     I saw them, both lying on the table, kissing, we could even think they were in love. All their clothes scattered on the floor of my own house. Brad, my husband, with her. I don't know who she is and it doesn't matter. He cheated on me, Brad. I can feel the tears gently falling on my cheeks as well as my legs are shaking uncontrollably. I could have stopped them, I could have be strong and smart but no. I left, I grabbed the keys of Brad's car, without thinking if I could be able to look at him in his eyes to give him his keys back.

     I drove for almost an hour in the late night of Los Angeles. Many things came into my mind while I was driving: Brad and I to our wedding, Brad and I adopting our first kid, Brad telling me « I love you » for the first time. Brad, Brad, Brad... His name echoed in my head. But I couldn't stop thinking about one thing in particularly, something I've never think about before. Jennifer, Jen, I don't even know how to call her at this point. She suffered all the pain I'm feeling right now, the feeling of not being good enough and being completely betrayal by the person you loved, BY MY FAULT! I was that girl I saw today. How could I even do that to her, I didn't even apologize. All those things are running into my head. It have to stop IT HAVE TO STOP.

     After what I should probably call the worst hour of my life, I was still driving until I realized it was almost 11pm. I decided that I'll sleep in an hotel room this night. I don't want to go home. I don't want to do anything, to see anybody except one person. This will maybe seems weird but I want to see Jen. I want to talk to her about what happened, I know she obviously don't want to hear me, she surely hates me and that's understandable. But I HAVE to talk to her, I HAVE TO GIVE HER MY APOLOGIES.

     I'm on my way to Jen's house. She is maybe not even at home. I'm scared and still completely shocked about what Brad did to me, but the feeling of seing Jen is becoming louder and louder. I don't know what feeling this is, I have never feel this way before. I'm scared. I briefly start to see the front of Jen's house, my heart is beating faster seconds after seconds. I get out of the car, my legs are hurting as if I just ended a hike in the middle of a mountain. I can't walk correctly.

     I am now standing right in front of Jen's door. I hit the bell button. About one minute later, I see a light come on from the living room's window. She is at home. She opens the door, speechless.