Chapter 1: Happy For You

I rolled around in my small little bed, which when I was a lot younger, I used to think that it was a big bed, but it was not the case for me at all any more, as I nearly fell out if I even moved a single bit in the bed during the night, which did in fact happen a lot, due to the fact that I got the strongest dreams, that were a lot different than all of the others that I had told it to.
I had these dreams of some scary places that I had never been told of, and a lot of screaming, which made it quite a bit hard for me to sleep at night. I had always been told that I was different than all of my friends, but I was too all too certain that some thing as simple as a dream was what they meant by it. I knew that I was a lot different than the rest of them, as I knew that there was no denying that at all.
I was not an idiot, as I knew that I was an orc... I lived with humans, and I knew that I had never got to meet any of my family. I was certain that I had not wanted to either, after all that I had been told as to what it was that orcs did to humans. It made me feel sick, as I wish that there was some thing that I could do to change it, but at the same time too, I felt like there was not all too much that I could do to change it.
If I was walking in to an orc place, they might view me as a human, just based off of the way that I acted, and the clothes that I wore as well. The clothes that I wore were a lot different than the normal clothes, and I knew that my father had to go get the clothes from a person that he was friends with, that sewed it up for me. That older lady was such a nice lady too, but I also knew that she treated me a bit different as well, just like all of the others.
I was used to it at this point, as it really did not bother me all too much if I was not going to lie to my self. People used to make fun of me for it, when I was a lot younger, and a lot smaller, but now that I was bigger than every one, no one said a single word about it to me any more, which I was glad for, as I knew that I simply just wanted to live a normal life, just like the rest of the humans.
I sighed, as I felt like it may never be the case, but still, I was happy with the life that I lived right now, as it was a lot better than the life that I would have lived as a normal orc. I knew that they had grown up in terrible and disgusting places, and my father, when he had come back with me, where ever he had found me at, when he had told them about me, a lot of people were against it at first.
My father had managed to talk the mayor of the city in to it how ever, as he felt like it was good to have a bit of a culture change, no matter how strange the change might be. I was glad for it as well, as I knew that there were in fact a fair amount of humans that did treat me like I was also a human, which I was always so grateful for, if I was not going to lie to my self. Those people were all ones that I considered my friend.
There was also some thing at the exact same time too as well, that made me realize that I needed to get my self out of bed right now. I had forgot all about it some how, as I knew that today was a special day for me, as I was finally going to man up, and I was going to admit to the girl that I really liked, which was, Addison, that I had a crush on her, as I was going to ask her out, which to my surprise my father had been all for, even though he had told me time and time again that I was in fact an orc.
My father was hardly ever around, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that he was down the stairs right at this very moment this time, as I could hear a lot of noise from down there, as I did in fact begin to remember that I was going to go to him for a little bit of advice, as I really did not have a clue as to what it was that I should say to her, as I had always been far too scared to ask a girl out before, just simply due to the fact that I knew that I was an orc, and also the fact that no girl wanted to get any where near me.
Addison was a lot different than all of that how ever, and I really could not wait to get this day started, as I could not wait to confess my self to her, and to let her know that I really did like her, such as I had always wanted to do, as she had always felt like she was the girl for me. I loved how she treated me different than the rest of the people treated me, and there was with out a doubt as well, that she was oh so beautiful.
The only thing that was slowing me down from doing such a thing, was the fact that I knew that a lot of guys had asked her out in the past, and she had politely turned them down. I felt like it would not be the case for me, as I knew that we had known each for quite a bit of some time at this point, and we had spent a lot of days alone together, which was some thing that she did not do with other guys, which made me feel like I might have a chance.
I sighed a bit to my self all at once at the exact same time too how ever, as I knew that it was best to try to not think too deep on any of that right now, as I knew that I had to get up at the exact same time too, as I remembered that I had made a promise to all of my friends as well, that we were going to be doing some thing special today, and that we needed to be up early in the morning as well, as I then began to roll a bit more in my bed.
I could hear a lot of noise going on from down stairs right now, which was also making it a fair bit hard for me to fall back asleep at the exact same time too, as I groaned quite a bit loudly, as I knew that I had a loud groan, which scared a lot of people, due to the fact that I was an orc. I had tried my best not to do as such nearly as much, but there were times such as there that I often forgot as to what it was that I told my self not to do.
I shook my head all at once, as I knew that it would not be any thing to worry about how ever, if I was to just simply get my self out of bed in the morning, as I then began to lift my self up, opening my eyes at the exact same time too. I knew that I had not slept all too well last night, as I had been out partying and drinking with all of my friends, as my friend, Eldon , had a birthday party last night that I had gone to as well, that had made me stay up so late, with all of the drinking and other partying stuff.
It was a fun night, I had to admit with out a doubt, but it left me feeling a bit woozy, and made me feel like I did not want to get out of bed. At the same time too how ever, I felt like I needed to get up, as I knew that I had made a promise to all of my friends, that we were going to do some thing fun today. I knew that I had to stop being lazy, as I then finally rolled my self out of bed, and I then looked over to my bed room door at the exact same time too.
I was about to walk out of the bed room, when I all of the sudden stopped my self all at once, as I remembered that I did not have any clothes on at this very moment in time. I knew that it was a normal thing for a lot of orcs to not be wearing any clothes, but it was not a normal thing at all for humans, as I knew that I had to put on some clothes right now, before I went down stairs to join my father.
I sighed once again to my self, as this time I groaned, which was a lot softer as a groan this time, but it still felt like it was quite a bit loud, as I shook my head all at once, feeling like quite a bit of an idiot, as to the fact that it seemed like I had not learned a single thing at all from last time, as I rolled my eyes a bit to my self, and I shook off all of those thoughts, as I then began to head over to my dresser, so that I could get some clothes to put on.
I opened the dresser, as I then looked in side, to see that there was a nice red shirt, which was really rare, and really expensive for some one to get, and there was also a nice blue pair of pants that I could put on at the same time as well. I felt like the red shirt was a great idea, as I knew that it was a very rare color, and I felt like it would look good for Addison, if she was to see me going out side with that on me.
I grinned just a little bit to my self, as I then sat back down on the bed, and I then began to put on clothes, which did not take all too long thankfully, as it felt like over the last few years, that any time I tried to put clothes on they never fit, due to the fact that I was growing oh so fast. Luckily that had seemed to stop over the last bit of time luckily enough for me how ever.
I got my clothes on all at once, and I then began to walk over to the bed room door, as I all of the sudden opened it at the exact same time too. I smiled a bit to my self, as I saw a fair bit of light take over the hall way, as it made me begin to feel like today was going to be a good day with out a doubt at this point, as I then all of the sudden then nodded to my self, and I began to head down the stairs.
My foot steps were quite a bit loud, if I was not going to lie, which I could not really help, due to the fact that I was so heavy, as my father had been joking with me as of late, that one of these days I was going to 'tear the stairs down'. I thought it was funny, and I laughed at it a bit, but at the same time too, I kind of felt like a bit in my mind, that it might happen at some point, as it felt like at some point too, that the stairs were going to become weak due to me.
I was tempted to ask my father to switch bed rooms with me down stairs, so that I did not have to worry about it at all, but at the same time too, I knew that my father had the master bed room, and I knew that he was not going to give that up, which I did not really blame him for either, as I knew that it was a huge bed room, and it had a great view of the city from the hill top at the same time too.
I sighed just a bit to my self, as I then shook off all of those thoughts all at once, as I blinked my eyes just a few times, and I then did in fact begin to go down the stairs, taking it one step at a time, which did not seem to matter all too much, due to the fact that I knew that every step I took made in absurdly loud stomp, which I really was not trying to do at all, as I just gave up after a few more seconds, and I then began to walk down the stairs at a normal speed, rather than make this take a long and strenuous amount of time.
Besides, I knew that my father was just joking with me, at least I hoped he was, as I was fairly certain that the stairs were not going to break underneath me by just going to down them. I also was not worried about being heard at the exact same time too, as it was not like I was trying to sneak out of the house like I used to do when I was a lot younger. I also knew, that at this point in my life, I was old enough to make my own decisions, whether or not they were good or bad, as my father had told me, that I needed to learn for my self at some point.
I breathed in heavily, as I then reached the last step, and I looked down the hall way that led to several other rooms, one of those being the kitchen of course as well that I could hear my father moving around in right at this very moment in time none the less. I stared it down for just a bit of some time, as I was not all too sure as to what it was that I was even doing at this very moment in time, as I knew that I had made a promise to be at the place by a certain time to all of my friends, and I knew that I could not break that promise either.
I rolled my eyes, as I then began to walk down the hall way, which thankfully it was not as lead as the stairs when I walked through there, but it really did not matter all too much at the exact same time either, as I knew that my father had already heard me walking down the steps and there really was not any thing that I was trying to hide from him at the same time too, so I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was so worried about in the very first place any ways.
As I got down to the edge of the hall way, I then looked in to the kitchen, were I saw him cleaning all of the dishes, a task that he used to make me do when I was a lot younger, but not any more, as there was a point where I had got too big, and too strong, that when ever I touched any of the dishes, they always seemed to break. He had to buy special sturdy dishes for me after all of that.
I loved my father, and I knew that he had gone out of his way to help me with so much. He felt like he was the best father in the world a lot of the time, as I was ever so grateful for all of the things he had helped me pull my self through, as I then cracked a bit of a smile on my own face, at the exact same time as well none the less, as I really could not help but to do such a thing, when I had those kind of thoughts go through me.
My father as soon as he heard me walk in to the kitchen that he was in right now, then all of the sudden turned his head over to me, a bit interested in seeing what it was that I was doing at this very moment in time, as I saw him tilt his head just a bit, quite a bit lost, and quite a bit confused as to why I had such a big smile on my face, at this very moment in time too.
I was not all too certain as to the reason that I had a smile on my face right now, if I was not going to lie to my self, but there was in fact one thing that I could say for sure of course, which was the fact that it seemed to make me feel a lot better about how it was that this day was going to go for me, as I then began to remember at the exact same time too as well, as to all that I had planned for my self in this day.
I was excited for all of it, as I knew that I had to come in to all of this with a good attitude, as I was fairly certain at this point that there was no way that she was going to say no. Even if I was an orc, and I could not reproduce with her, it did not mean that we could still not have a happy life together, as I had not really ever been tempted to have sex with a human at the exact same time too, either, as much as a bunch of people would have thought that I was going to grow up, and do terrible things to women.
I sighed, as I shook off all of those thoughts all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I really should not get my self all too worried about what it was that other people thought about me at the exact same time too, as I had done plenty of that when I was younger, due to the fact that I knew that I was different than every one else, and I knew that I was an orc, and that no one liked me, nor did they trust me.
I shivered, as I did my best to get my self off of the focus of all of those thoughts all at once, as well, as I then got my mind set on the fact that I had to think on what was going on at this very moment in time, as I then saw that my father had all of the sudden nodded to me, as I had some how managed to forget that I had been in the same room as him any ways.
I gulped just a little bit, as I then all of the sudden nodded right back over to my father, as I knew he was about to speak to me. I blinked my eyes just a few times, as after not all too much more time, he did in fact finally start to speak to me, as I tilted my head just a little bit, as I was a bit lost right now if I was not going to lie to my self, but I did in fact begin to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me any ways.
"You're up early today? You've got a lot of plans I see, huh? You got some time to sit down and eat this morning?" He said back to me, as I knew that I was in fact up quite a bit early, and I also had a bit of a hang over at the exact same time too, which really did not bother me all too much, as I had been told that orcs healed a lot faster from all of that than humans tended to, which was one thing that I was glad for being an orc for at the very least.
At the same time too, I kind of felt bad for the fact on what it was that my father had just said to me at the exact same time too, as I could see a bit of a look in his eyes, that seemed like he had a bit of some hope that I was going to say yes to him, and that we were going to sit down and have a bit of a meal with one another, which it had felt like it had been quite a bit of some time since the last time that we had a home cooked meal with one another.
I could not remember as to when, as I kind of felt bad for it. I also knew that orcs did not have the best memory how ever, so for all that I knew, I could have ate with him a few nights ago. I kind of just went day by day at this point in my life. I knew that I had to get a job soon at some point as well, even if I knew that my father would always be able to support me, due to the role that he had when he was in the army a long time ago, I still did not feel good always having to rely on him.
Especially when I knew that there was plenty of jobs out there where they were looking for strong men. Whilst I might not be a man, I knew that I was for certain strong, and I knew that I would get paid well there at the exact same time too, due to the fact that I was so big and strong. I never went to a place to get my self stronger, as it all was just built up in side me, due to the fact that I was an orc.
There was nothing for me to complain about in those regards either, as I knew that every thing was going to end up being alright for me. Life was good, and it was great, as far as it had gone so far for me. Even if people treated me a bit different, they did not attack me for it, as they knew that they would not win for one thing. I knew that they spoke behind my back about it, but it was not any thing that I was really all too worried about.
I nodded a bit to my self, as I was now trying to get my focus on what it was that my father had just said to me in the very first place any ways, as I blinked my eyes just a few times, letting out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self at the exact same time as well, as I then looked at my father right in to his eyes all at once as well. He looked right back at me, as I knew that he was a strong man, with out a doubt.
We stared at each other for just a few more moments, as I then dipped my head a little bit low to the ground, as I knew that my father was a smart man, as he already knew what the answer was going to be, as to what it was that he had just asked me not all too long ago. I felt quite a bit bad for it at the exact same time too, but I also knew that there really was not all too much that I could do about it.
I knew that my friends were waiting on me, as I had told them that it was going to be fairly early. I did not want to waste any sort of time, as I was going to feel even worse if I had them waiting on me for too long. Besides, I usually did not eat in the morning, as I usually only ate one big meal during the day, and that was usually it for me. I shook my head, just a little bit to my self, and I then looked at my father, right in to his eyes once again, and I then all of the sudden, began to speak back, in a bit of a response to him.
"I'm sorry dad... I already had some plans of going out with my friends..." I said to him at first, as I could tell it did in fact hurt him quite a bit, as I did in fact feel quite a bit bad for it, as I knew that I had not spent all too much time with him as of late. I tried to keep a bit of a mental note in my mind at the exact same time too, that I should save a day so that I could speak some time with my father at some point in the near future as well. I nodded just a little bit to my self, as I then looked at my father for just a little while longer, still feeling a bit bad for the fact that I had so quickly shut him down. I was tempted to join him in on the fact that we would both have our heads low to the ground, but at the exact same time too, I really did not want to get my self too depressed, as I then remembered some thing all at once, that gave me a brilliant idea to light up the air in the room, as I lifted my head up high, and I then nodded right over to my father, all at once as well. My father lifted his head up, to see as to the reason that I had nodded to him. He tilted his head just a little bit to me, as I saw him blink his eyes at me at the same time too. After a few more seconds how ever, he did in fact nod right back over to me, as he let me know that it was safe for me to speak. I sighed a little bit to my self, as I then did in fact begin to speak to him at the same time as well. "I have a lot of plans for today... Remember what I said about Kimberly?"
My father had a bit of a blank look as to what it was that I had said at first, as it seemed like he had some how forgot all about it, even though I was the one that had been drunk that night, rather than it be him, as I knew that he did not like to drink that much, unless it was on a rare occasion, such as a holiday or a birth day. My father stared at me for a bit of some time, as it still did not seem like he quite under stood as to what it was that I was getting at.
I rolled my eyes a bit at him, as I felt like he was being a bit of an idiot, as he had some how forgot all about what it was that I had told him, about the girl that I had always liked, which was in fact, Kimberly of course, as I knew that he knew that I had a crush on her ever since I was about the same size as all of the humans, until I had all of the sudden had a massive growth spurt, that made me to the person that I was now, today.
It seemed like, as soon as my father had seen me roll his eyes at him, it all of the sudden seemed to come back to him all at once, as I saw him blink his eyes a few times, and a smile all of the sudden came up on his face, all at once as well, as I could tell that he was quite a bit excited for me, as well as the fact that he was also happy for me too, which made me feel a whole lot better of course too.
My father all of the sudden moved in close to me for some odd reason or another, which confused me a bit at first, until I all of the sudden realized that he was simply just trying to give me a big hug. I then smiled right back at him, as soon as I realized that, and I hugged him right back, and I held on to him for quite a bit of some time, until he then all of the sudden seemed to let go of me.
It was all that I had needed how ever, as I saw the smile on his face still, as he then all of the sudden nodded right over to me, which I did not hesitate to nod right back over to him, as I could tell he was about to speak. He seemed to stare at me for a little while longer, but in the end, he did in fact of course, start to speak to me, as I then began to listen as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
"Well son... I am happy for you..."