Chapter 17: Later

I looked at Callan, with a bit of a blank look on my face, as to just what it was that he had even said to me in the very first place any ways, as it did in fact have me quite a bit lost as to just what it was that he had meant by it in the very first place any ways, never the less, how ever.
It was clear to me that he had been spying on, and he was listening to just what it was that Ashton had been saying to me, which I felt like we were now screwed due to the fact that one of the leaders of the legion now believed that I was the son of the orc king, which I felt like could lead to a lot of bad things for me, due to the fact that I felt like they would do some thing to me now that they knew that I was the son of the king.
I doubt that they were just king to walk up to the kings palace, and give him back to me, which just did not make all too much sense to me as to why they would do that, or how they would even be able to do that all at the exact same time as well, as I had quite a bit of a blank look on my face all at once, as I just began to start to breath in a bit heavily all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as possible.
I was fairly certain that they were just going to kill me, as that seemed like it would be the most obvious thing that they should do to the son of the orc king. There was no way they would want to bring me back to him, as I knew that we were at war with the orcs at the exact same time as well, and they could not walk through the orc cities and do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well.
For one thing, just based off of what it was that my mother had even told me about the orc king, I did not even want to go be given to him, all at the exact same time as well, as I was fairly certain that he would just kill me as soon as he laid eyes on me, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self. I felt like I just wanted to keep it a secret for as long as I possibly could, but that no longer seemed possible, as for one thing, Ashton had found out about it, but that was not who it was that I was worried about it, it was Callan that I was worried about if I was going to be for real, and I was going to be completely honest with my self.
I breathed in just a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to think on just what it was that he had even said to us in the very first place any ways, as I saw that Ashton seemed to be acting quite a bit calm, as if he thought that Callan had not heard just what it was that he had said to me, even though it was fairly obvious to me that he had clearly heard each and every word that my friend had said to me in the very first place any ways.
I blinked my eyes a few times any ways, as I did my best to just try to keep my self calm, as I just thought in just what it was that was going on right at this very moment in time, and also the fact that Callan had said that he was the son of the king, at least, that was what I believed that I had heard, though I felt like I could just be going crazy right at this very moment in time, as there was in fact a lot that seemed to be going on right now, or at the very least, there was a lot going on in my head right now, which usually was not the best thing due to the fact that I knew that I was an idiot, and I usually made a lot of very bad assumptions never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times either way, as I then let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at once, as I then got my focus back on just what it was that was going on right now once again, as I did not have all too much time to think on just what it was that Callan had meant by the fact that he had told us that he was also the son of the king, as that did not seem to make all too much sense to me either, as it kind of seemed like he was mocking me if I was going to be completely honest with my self, and he did not believe a word that Ashton had just said.
That was fine with me, if I was going to be for real with my self, event though I knew that once again, I was assuming things, and that it was best not to do as such a thing at the exact same time too, I just kind of felt like I could not help it all too much, due to the fact that it just felt like there was so much going on right at this very moment in time any ways, as I then began to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well.
If I was going to be honest with my self, all at the exact same time as well, I was glad that he was mocking me, as I was not all too sure if I believed what it was that the crazy female orc had told me in the very first place any ways, when she had tried to tell me that I was the son of the orc king. Even with the story that she had told me, and how it was that I had got to the point that I was at, it still just felt quite a bit hard to me, as my father had always told me that he had found me in a simply orc village.
If I was the son of the king, than why would I be living in an orc village? I knew that she had told me that it was due to the fact that my real father was going out to try and kill me, but it still just did not make all too much sense to me, all at the exact same time as well, but I felt like that might just be due to the fact that I knew that I was stupid, and I missed a lot of things that were quite a bit obvious to me, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try to get my focus off of all of those thoughts, all at once instead, as I then got my focus on the fact that Ashton was now beginning to speak up to me, over towards Callan, as it seemed like he was trying to think of some sort of excuse to try to protect me, as I was sure that he too knew that if they found out that I was the son of the orc king, they more than likely would not listen to what it was that we had to say, and they would just kill me right away, as if that would stop the war.
I am sure that it would make the orc king happy, as I knew that it would make his job easier at the very least, but that was about all that it would do. I sighed a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then got my focus off of all of those thoughts instead, as I then began to look over to my best friend instead, all at once, as I just stared at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, such as the look on the face of Callan, that I could see from the corner of my eyes never the less.
I was not all too sure about Callan still, but I felt like I had to just keep it cool for the time being, until I felt like I could think of a way out of this. Perhaps it was best for me to look for an orc village that I could go live at, but I was not all too sure as to just how it was that it would work for me, as I knew that I still did kind of live like a bit of a human, and I was not sure if they would want to take me in none the less, all at the exact same time as well, even if they did not know that I was the son of the orc king.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to get my focus off of all of those thoughts either way, as I just kept my eyes on Ashton right at this very moment in time, as that kind of felt like that was all that I could, and that was all that I should be looking at right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I just stood there and just stared at him.
Ashton did not seem to be all too bothered by the fact that the both of us were staring at him with our eyes squinted, as he just kept on going on with where it was that he had left off on talking to more likely Callan, all at the exact same time as well, though I still felt like I should at the very least listen to what it was that he had to say, as I knew that he was going to be talking about me none the less. I breathed in just a bit to my self, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to Callan in the very first place any ways.
"Yes... Well that is what we were told at the very least, but we can't be too certain, as the orc that told him that might have just done it to try to get him on their side... You must not tell any one, it will not help us at all... Please do not..." He said to Callan, as I could tell that he was begging the guy to spare my life practically at this point, as I saw that Callan had a bit of a blank look on his face, as it was clear that he did not have a clue as to just what it was that Ashton was doing at all right now.
I was not all too sure if that was a good or a bad thing, as I was fairly certain at the exact same time as well, that if Callan did not take what it was that Ashton had said in to a little bit of some consideration, all at the exact same time as well, than it meant that I was going to get killed practically no matter what. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I knew for a fact, that I did not want to get killed, as I blinked my eyes a few times, doing my best to just try to stay calm right now, and try not to get all too freaked out about all that was even going on right now.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I just stared at Ashton, who I saw now had quite a bit of a blank look on his face right at this very moment in time, which I was not all too sure if that was a good thing at all either, as if he had a bit of a blank look on his face, I kind of felt like it meant that he did not have all too much hope for me, which did in fact kind of scare me a bit, as I knew that I should have taken it in to a little bit more consideration as to the fact that I was going to go and join the army with a bunch of humans.
At first, I had been a little bit worried as to the fact that I was worried that they would just kill me, or attack me in the night, just due to the fact that I was an orc, all at the exact same time too, but now I was starting to get a bit more worried, that they would just kill me, and that the legion leader, Tanner, would be fine with it, due to the fact that he would soon find out that I was the son of the orc king, all at the exact same time as well, which I felt like I could not blame him, as I felt like I would do the same thing as him in that situation never the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times either way, as I did my best to try to stay calm all at the exact same time too, as I just stood and stared at Ashton for just a little while longer, with a little bit of a blank look on my face, until I then all of the sudden began to realize that Ashton was not the person that I should be staring at right at this very moment in time, as I knew that my eyes should be on one of the legion leaders, Callan, who had just found out none the less, that I was the son of the king, all at the exact same time as well.
I was tempted to make a little bit of a plan to maybe have Ashton's help on attacking and killing Callan, all at the exact same time too, as to the fact that I knew that he now knew that I was the son of the orc king, and he would want to kill me now, surely right? I gulped just a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep my self calm all of the sudden, as I just got my focus back on to Callan all of the sudden, as I then turned my head away from my good friend Ashton, and I got my eyes on Callan instead, as I just stared at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like that was kind of all that I should give him.
He did not seem to be all too bothered by it at all for some odd reason or another, which did in fact have me quite a bit lost, as it seemed like instead, he had a bit of a look on excitement, and joy on his face, as if he felt like if he was to tell the legion about it, than they too would be happy to hear that the son of the orc king was in their legion, which I felt like it might make sense due to the fact that they might think that I was a bit extra strong, but at the exact same time as well, I still felt like they would be more likely to just want to kill me never the less.
I shook off all of those thoughts either way, as I just stared at Callan, with my head tilted, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he was about to do now, as he just seemed to have a bit of a blank look on his face. He did not seem to have his hand any where near his sword how ever, so that was a plus at the very least, as I felt like I was at least far enough away from him to make some sort of move, or at least react to the fact that he might in fact pull his sword out at me, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in just a bit to my self, as I then just nodded to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was even thinking right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways none the less. I knew that I was going to be fine, and I just had to keep my focus on just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I just looked at Callan with the same blank look on my face that I had not all too long ago, as I felt like I should not give him any more than that.
He did not seem to be all too bothered by that at all how ever, which did not surprise me, as he was a lot better, and a lot more trained of a soldier than I was, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden saw him nod to me, all at the exact same time as well, which did in fact have me quite a a bit lost, due to the fact that I just was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways.
I sighed a bit to my self, as I got my focus off of all of that all at once, and I got my focus on the fact instead, that I knew that I knew that I should not back to him, out of some sort of respect, and a bit of some common courtesy, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that Callan did in fact treat me with a bit of some respect him self, all at the exact same time as well, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that I was all too worried about right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways.
As I managed to regain a little bit of some sort of control over my self, and all of my thoughts and emotions, all at the exact same time too, I then got my focus on the fact that I needed to nod back to him, which I did in fact do as soon as it was that I began to realize as to just what it was that was going on right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I then blinked my eyes just a few times shortly after I did such a thing, all at the exact same time too.
As soon as I did that, Callan then seemed to turn his head over to Ashton, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear that he was making sure that Ashton was paying attention right now as well. I then saw Ashton nod back to him from the corner of my eyes, as I then calmed my self down a bit, all at the exact same time too, as I then got my focus on the fact that Callan was now speaking to the both of us all of the sudden, as he could tell that we were kind of on the same team right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I could tell that he was going to be choosing his words wisely, as I then all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, then began to start to listen to just what it was that he had to say to me, in the very first place any ways, none the less.
"I will not tell the legion about you... Do not worry about that... No... I am the son of the king, like I just said... I think that some thing can be worked out with, if we can make peace with both sides..." He said, as I saw him wink his eyes at me, all at the exact same time as well, as if he was trying to tell me some thing that Ashton might not under stand at all, but at the exact same time too, I also remembered that I was an idiot, and I really did not have as to much of a clue as to just what it was that he was even trying to get at in the very first place any ways.
I looked at Callan for just a little bit of some more time, as I kind of felt like a little bit of an idiot none the less, even though it was quite a bit obvious to me as to just what it was that he was even trying to say to me in the very first place any ways, or rather the both of us, though it felt like it was more meant towards me, due to the fact that I was the one that the subject was about, and I was the one that was the son of the king at the exact same time too, which I was not at all excited about, after what it was that she had told me about him, all at the exact same time too.
I was thinking that maybe it would be easy for me to walk up to the palace, due to the fact that I was an orc after all, but at the exact same time too, I also knew that not just any orc would be let in to there for one thing, as they would ask just who it was that I was, and if I was to tell them, than they might just kill me on the spot, all at the exact same time as well, just based off of just what it was that she had told me about him, as she had said that he was insanely strong, but he was also a coward who did not like any sort of competition, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I did my best to try not to think on all of that too much just yet, as I felt like I could think on it when the time came, as we really were not making any sort of plans right now, at least so that it seemed, and so it was that I had hoped, all at the exact same time too, as I just stood still, with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, through and through, as if I had not heard a single word as to just what it was that he had said to me in the very first place any ways, none the less, which I could tell greatly confused Callan, all at the exact same time too.
I was just a little bit lost by it still, as I could still see that he had quite the bit of an excited look on his face, all at once never the less, but I felt like I could not at all feel the same way that he was at all right now, as I was not excited a single bit as to just what it was that he had said, as it really did in fact seem like it was a very bad idea to me, all at the exact same time too, as I felt quite a bit strange, as things just all seemed to be cold, as none of this seemed to be at all right to me, all at the exact same time as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to regain just a little bit of some sort of control over my self, all at the exact same time too, as I just looked at him for quite a bit of some time, all at the exact same time as well, as he did not at all seem to be bothered by the fact that there was an orc that was staring at him, such as most people would be, and even Ashton was from time to time, when I put him to a little bit of a test, though I suppose that he could be like that for any one, and it might not just be me.
Speaking of Ashton, all at the exact same time too, I then got my focus on him instead of just me staring at Callan, all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to hear him start to speak up to the both of us, at least so that it seemed to be, all at the exact same time as well, as I turned my head over to him all of the sudden, as I had the exact same blank look on my face that I had when ever it was that I had been looking over at Callan not all too long ago, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was in fact quite a bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on right now, if I was going to be completely for real, and honest with my self, never the less, as I felt like I was quite a bit stuck, and quite a bit lost in my thoughts right now, but at the exact same time too, it was kind of hard for me to think on them at all at this very moment in time, due to the fact that it seemed like there was so much going on, and there were too many people talking none the less, as well.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I knew that it was getting me anxious, whilst also getting me a little bit angry, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it was not a good thing at all when ever I was angry or anxious for one thing, and it usually was not good at all when you had the both of those combined never the less, as I did my best to just try to stay calm how ever, as I just locked my eyes on my good friend Ashton, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to at least try to stay a little bit calm, as I then began to start to listen as to just what it was that he had to say to the both of us, all at the exact same time as well.
"So... Who exactly are you then? How the hell are you here, if you are the son of the king?" Ashton asked him, as I looked at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, as to just what it was that he had even said back to Callan, all at the exact same time too, as it was kind of a bit clear to me, all at the exact same time too, that Ashton believed that Callan was bluffing, which I did not think that it was the case at all, if I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time too.
Why would he want to bluff on some thing such as that, when he was still quite a bit young, and he had such a vital role in the army. I knew that if you tried to say that you were any sort of important person, or if you tried to act like some one that you were not, all at the exact same time too, than you would get hung at the stake, all at the exact same time as well, as I was fairly certain that Callan, with the role that he was in as it was right now, would not be willing to risk us going and asking some one such as Tanner about that at all, all at the exact same time too.
I suppose that he might not want to tell any one about it, all at the exact same time too, due to the fact that he did not want people to treat him any sort of different at all, and he did not want any one to know that he had any sort of royal lineage, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to shake off all of those thoughts as to just what it was that Ashton had said to him, and what it was that he had tried to question him for, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
What it was that he should be asking him about, was the fact that he was not going to snitch, or rat on me to any one, all at the exact same time as well, as to the fact that I might be the son of the orc king, as I knew that I would get killed if that were such and so as the case, as I knew that there was a high ransom for the fact as to any one that killed any one that was important, or had any thing to do with the fact that it was some thing about the orc king, all at the exact same time as well.
I gulped just a bit to my self, as I shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I did not want to be living in fear, all at the exact same time as well, as I then shook off all of those thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, as I instead got my focus on the thoughts that Callan had just spoke to us not all too long ago, about the fact that he had told us that he might have some sort of plans as to just what it was that we could do to try to bring peace, and all of that, all at the exact same time too.
It kind of felt a little bit crazy, as to just what it was that he had said, all at the exact same time as well, but at the exact same time too, I was quite a bit interested in just what it was that he even had to say if I was going to be for real, and I was going to be completely honest with my self none the less, as I then all of the sudden got my eyes, and I got my focus off of Ashton all of the sudden, and I instead got my focus, and I got my eyes on Callan instead, as I was a little bit lost, as well as the fact that I was also interested in just what else it was that he had to say about the fact that he had plans to make peace between the nations.
I opened my mouth, all at the exact same time as well, as I was clearly about to speak, but before I had the chance to do as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, I then all of the sudden heard the voice of Callan, as he spoke over me, before I got a single word out of my mouth, as I then just all of the sudden shut my mouth, as I saw him just nod to me, all at the exact same time too, to make sure that I was listening to him clearly.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I was quite a bit disappointed as to the fact that I had not got the chance to speak to him, but I did in fact nod right back over to him, all at the exact same time as well, to let him know that I was in fact listening as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, all at the exact same time as well. Once he saw me do as such a thing, he then did in fact begin to speak to me, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me all at the exact same time as well.
"I'd get killed if I was lying to you... That is not some thing to lie about... You keep it a secret to the legion and I will do the same for you guys... Okay?" He said to the both of us, as I just stared at him with quite a bit of a blank look on my face, all at the exact same time as well, as I still was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was even going on in the very first place any ways, if I was going to be for real with my self, as none of this seemed at all real to me at all. I breathed in quite a bit to my self how ever, all at the exact same time as well, as after just a few more seconds, once the both of us began to take in just what it was that he had even said, he then continued with where it was that he had left off on speaking, as I then continued to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say in the very first place any ways. "Now... We need to head back to the camp... We will talk about this later..."