Life that became yours

The next day rolls around and you met at Sam's place with upbeat music playing and warm welcomes from everyone.

With a photo booth going, you greeted people as you tried to find Sam, who was chatting happily with Sarah.

"Sam!" You raise your hand as the two boys ran into your still sore body but you didn't mind it. You bent down and beamed at them as you playfully took one of the boys' hat and swiping it away from him.

"Congratulations on the boat!" You squealed.

Sam grunts as he slams his body into yours for a hug. "Welcome home, Y/N."

You cheekily smiled as you pulled away from Sam's hug and glanced around at the happiness around you. "I don't think I can ever say thank you enough." You began to tear up.

"Don't worry, Y/N." Sam pulls you for a side hug.

Sarah squeals as she sees you, "Y/N! I am busting my butt back there. Give me a hand?"

"Sam, you're not helping your own sister?" You joked to Sam and he rolls his eyes at you, playfully chasing you.

Sarah grabs your hand and leads you to the barbecue area. "So, where's Bucky?" Sarah questioned you.

You then realized, "Oh, I dunno." You shrugged your shoulders as you were serving some people at the party.

"Having a good time?" Sarah asked one of the guests and they smiled happily and nodded, "Alright." Sarah smiled back.

As time passes, you were dancing with other people, really enjoying your time.

Suddenly, you heard a commotion a few feet away, realizing that Bucky has arrived with a store bought cake.

Standing there smiling peacefully, Bucky picks up one of the kids that run up to him and swing him. "I gotcha!" Bucky screeched in a playful tone.

"Oh! There he is!" Sam from behind Bucky pats Bucky on the back, proudly.

Bucky sets down the cake and scans around the party, landing his eyes on you. You walked up to him, staring up sweetly at Bucky's eyes.

Party noise roams the area. You find yourself with Sarah, Bucky and Sam laughing at a picnic bench having a good time. Bucky has kids hanging from his metal arm and the kids laughing, as he talks like nothing is happening. You laughed proudly, happy to see that Bucky is more comfortable with his arm.

Getting up, you walk across the party and step on the boat, admiring the sunset. You felt familiar faces pat your shoulder as they were walking past you. You gave them a few hugs then went back to the sunset.

Feeling a touch that you instantly knew, Bucky stands to the left of you, joining the lovely sunset.

As you two were admiring it, Bucky speaks, "Great party."

You sighed relieved, "Yeah, these people are great." You turned back, seeing the people beaming at each other in happiness.

"I think I'll like it here." Bucky turns your head to you, making sure you understood what he meant.

"Woah, wait. You're staying?" Your voice questioned in a squeaky tone.

Bucky nods with a crooked smile, "Yeah."

You sighed of relief, "Good."

Bucky squeezes you tightly and warmly, putting his nose into your neck and nuzzled it.

You pull away, meeting your eyes with Bucky's. "I-" You stammered, laughing nervously. "What I said yesterday, I meant it."

"I love you too." Bucky finished the moment. Your head shot up.

Slowly, you leaned your lips towards Bucky's and you two smashed your lips to each other. Holding it, you went on your tippy toes to deepen the kiss. Without letting go of Bucky's body, you placed your head on his chest, feeling warm and safe. Your eyes shifted towards the sunset as Bucky rests his chin on your head.

Sam comes from behind and smiled proudly at you. You returned it to Sam, telling him how happy you are. You release the hug.

Bucky notices that Sam was behind him and grabs Sam into a brotherly hug.

"Welcome to your new home, you two." Sam greets again, nodding in satisfaction.

"Thank you for everything." You tucked in your lips, trying your hardest not to cry.

"No, thank you." Sam eyes you and Bucky. "For letting me continue the legend of the shield."

Your eyes shifted to Sam, "Steve made the perfect choice." You placed your hand on Sam's shoulder.

"Yeah, Sam. I'm glad it's you." Bucky agreed.

Sam cleared his throat to get rid of his urge to cry. "Well, I'm starving." Sam walks away as others greet him with smile and hugs.

"Damn, I really wanted to see Sam Wilson cry." Bucky joked. You scoffed, hitting Bucky on his metal arm. Realizing it hurt your own hand, you winced, shaking your hand up and down. "Ouch."

"Ha." Bucky shot.

You narrow your eyes at Bucky and walked away towards the party. With Bucky behind you calling your name, clearly sorry, you ignored him, admiring the people around you.

When Bucky called your name for the tenth time, you finally turned around. You smile.

"What?" Bucky questioned you.

Your eyes were memorized by Bucky's. "Nothing, I just haven't been this happy in awhile." You smiled sweetly to him.

"Really?" Bucky asked you, surprised.

"Mhm." You hum. "Come on, let's go back to the party." You grabbed Bucky's hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

Your life was finally perfect, but you wished Tony was here to live it with you. But you knew, Tony would be proud of the life you made. You were so grateful for Sam for letting you into his family. Your relationship with Bucky, you couldn't be anymore happy.