iii.

—————"no time for a rest

—————
"no time for a rest."
—————

THREE KNOCKS INTERRUPTED BETH'S sleep as the sunlight finally reached her eyes. The large empty bottle was laid beside her as she moved underneath her covers. Of course, she drank herself to bed. 'No more drinking.' She thought to herself as a typical hungover headache started to settle in. She also realized she was wearing someone's suit jacket. Velvet blue in colour as it offered warmth to her smaller frame—it only added to the list of 'What happened last night?' And Beth wasn't too enthusiastic about touching that list yet; until she was at least feeling more content later in the day, she'll get that list figured out.

Suddenly, her phone rang, snapping the hungover redhead from her current thoughts as she saw the glowing name from her contacts display on the screen. "Roxy?" She asked, already flinging the covers off of her as she got out of bed. "Hey, Beth. Are you home at the moment?" She asked through the phone. As if on cue, the door opened with Beth on the other side, looking a little worse for wear. "Drinking?" She asked, hanging up the phone and putting it into her suit pocket. "Eggsy's idea." A hum of agreement and understanding escaped Roxy's lips as Beth invited her in. "Looks like you had a fun night. I'm guessing the men are all hungover too?" She humoured as the girls walked into her kitchen. All the redhead did was nod, not remembering the details from last night, but not wanting to go into it either. Her throat felt like sandpaper and she swore she could feel her tongue lose moisture. She tiredly grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down, trying to at least get rid of some semblance of the hangover. She stopped in her tracks as Roxy waited for her. "Wait. Did none of them appear at the HQ?" Roxy's brows furrowed, confused at her question she nodded. "Not since last night. Even Merlin didn't show up as early as he said he would be to plan your US flight for the mission. Aren't we leaving tomorrow?" Beth closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the headache pounded her head even harder for forgetting about 'resting day' was packing day for the flight. "Shit." She said, slumping over onto the dining chair in defeat. Roxy only smiled, pulling out files from the leather bag she was carrying.

"No worries." And with that, she slides the folder across from her to reach the agent in front of her. "Let me get ready for the day first." Beth groaned, already feeling the long day ahead of her. She internally smacked herself for letting Eggsy talk her into drinking and celebrating last night. "Who's suit jacket is that?" Roxy asked out of curiosity, seemingly catching it was something Beth wouldn't wear; the size of it was larger than her, giving it away. Beth looked down at her clothes—her lace pyjama top and matching panties, and the suit jacket around her body; embracing her with warmth. "I...honestly don't know. I woke up with it." She said, looking down at the clothes. "Maybe I stole it from one of the boys before they left?" She shrugged before standing up and heading upstairs.

She groggily dragged her feet until she stopped in the middle of her living room—Eggsy dead asleep on one couch and Hamish fast asleep on the other. The men's items littered the floor; with Eggsy's shoes on the coffee table, as well as his suit jacket on the floor. His bowtie on top of her tv and Eggsy's white button-up on the couch. Her gaze switched to agent Mycroft as his white button-up appeared on the floor with his tie folded, but his sweater he wore last night remained on, and his shoes were neatly placed beside his belongings, and his glasses on a side table close to the couch. She chuckled once, seeing just how their personalities clashed but they managed to be the best team, despite being almost opposites. Using the suit jacket around her, she wrapped it around her small frame and she climbed the stairs to her bathroom, only to hear one of her bathroom doors open on the second floor.