dinner? || chapter 4

Brigette's POV

I've been staring at the message Y/N wrote me for ten whole minutes. I can't believe she just gave me her number. Without me asking for it? Clearly, her love life is only complicated because she's embarrassed about being single. I think. I hope. 

Riiiiiiinnngggggg!!!

I looked at my phone and saw Fivel calling. I quickly picked up and put on a raspy voice to attempt to sound sick.

"Hey, Fivel," I greeted, punctuating my sentence with a fake cough.

"Cut the bullshit," Fivel said, cutting me off. "We know you were at that really cool-looking indie store." Suddenly, my sick act went away and now I was focused on getting out of here with my job still intact.

"Woah, wait, 'we'?" I asked, sitting upright.

"Yeah, Nik showed me. Don't worry no one else knows. We're trying to save your butt," Fivel said. I sagged in relief and sighed.

"Thank you so much, Fivel," I said thankfully.

"Yep. You owe me one," Fivel said, then I remembered the book that Y/N signed.

"Does a signed The Virus book count?" I asked sneakily.

"No... You didn't-" Fivel said in major disbelief.

"What if I did?" I teased.

"If you did, I'll love you forever, but if you're kidding, I'm going to kill you," Fivel chuckled on the other side of the phone, making it vibrate slightly.

"See you tomorrow, Fivel," I greeted, smiling.

"Yep. Can't wait for that signed book Lundy-Paine," Fivel greeted back, hanging up not long after. I sighed and picked up my signed book, the one with the number written in it. Should I text her now, or is that too soon? Ugh, just do it!

I took a deep breath and inserted her number in my phone and went to iMessage, her contact name immediately popping up on the screen. Ugh, it's not hard. Just say 'hi'. No biggie.

Brig
Hey, it's Brigette :)

Oh shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I threw my phone across the room. It was freaking 3 am in the morning. Y/N is going to think I'm mega creepy. Beep. I looked at my phone in shock. Beep. I approached my phone with caution and picked it up. It was Y/N. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Y/N <3
Hey!
Why are you up so late?

I chuckled at her concern and also thanked God that she didn't think I was weird for texting her at 3 am. I quickly typed a response just in case she was in bed or something and she was going to fall asleep if I didn't respond soon.

Brig
Couldn't sleep. Wbu?

We continued texting until 5 am until she finally stopped replying and it was evident she fell asleep. I yawned and realized I only had an hour left to actually sleep before I had to get ready and leave for set. I plugged in my phone so that it could be fully charged for my day ahead and soon fell asleep into a much-needed slumber.

Y/N's POV

I woke up at 11 am. My laptop was next to me, revealing a Word document that I had written for the general planning of my upcoming book. I stretched and sighed as my eyes landed on my phone that was lying face down.

I quickly picked it up, immediately going into iMessage, wondering if me texting Brigette was all just a stupid little dream. It wasn't. There laid our texts full of crying emojis and us playfully flirting with one another. I sighed in delight and hopped out of bed. My cold wooden floors being surprisingly welcome to my bare feet.

I walked to the kitchen and made myself a very strong cup of coffee and drinking it after it cooled down a bit. I sighed in satisfaction as I felt the warm liquid glide down my throat. I heard my doorbell ring and looked at the door with much distaste. How dare this person come to my house this early?

I walked to my door and opened it, I immediately woke up as I saw who was standing in the doorway. It was Derek, my ex.

"What do you want?" I asked irritably.

"Wow, nice to see you too," Derek replied sarcastically. He held up a cardboard coffee tray with two takeaway coffees and a brown paper bag with the logo 'Dunkin Donuts' written in pink and orange letters. "I brought some stuff, I'd think you're famished after all the writing you're doing I presume?"

"I have my own coffee, and I'm on a diet," I said sourly. I attempted to close the door before Derek shoved his foot between the door just in time.

"Come on, everyone loves cheat day," Derek said passive-aggressively. His face faltering a bit, and his eyes going darker.

"No. Go away before I call security, Derek," I said, my finger on a pad with buttons on it. Just a push of a button and my security would be called, as well as the police. Derek sighed in annoyance.

"Fine, I guess I'll have to eat these on my own. Goodbye, Y/N/N. I'll be back soon, darling." He turned on his heel and walked out of my driveway. I shut the door and locked it. I sank to the floor, the tiles cooling my ass. I ran upstairs and called Y/B/F. The phone rang.

"Come on. Pick up, miss girl. Pick up..." I mumbled as the ringing continued. It stopped and Y/B/F's voicemail filled my ear.

"Hiya! This is Y/B/F! Don't be shy, and don't just pass by! Leave a message at the beep!"

I sighed and hung up. I need a hot shower. Yeah. A nice hot shower.

Brigette's POV

Fivel was absolutely ecstatic at her signed book. I chugged my fourth cup of coffee and sighed as I placed the cup down on the table. It's also worth mentioning that Fivel is already shipping Y/N and me and created a ship name for us. Y/S/N (Your Ship Name).

After a few hours we were done with filming, and I had to play a little bit of catch-up, which surprisingly wasn't that much to do. I got the things I needed from my trailer and sorted walked towards the exit.

"Ask her out to dinner at that diner you like so much," Fivel suggested. Her face was basically a ray of sunshine and I was going blind.

"I can't tonight, I have all this stuff and-" Fivel groaned at my excuse and grabbed my things.

"I'll take it to your place. I know where the spare is, and you need to go out while the chemistry is still new and fresh," Fivel said as she looked into the distance.

"Ugh, fine. But Y/N's busy writing her sequel, so she probably won't be able to make it," I pointed out.

"No harm in trying," Fivel said positively. I sighed and took out my phone and typed a message to Y/N.

Brig
You free for dinner?

I started to become anxious as I sent the text, and Fivel was on the sidelines actively encouraging me that no matter what Y/N said, there'll always be another time.

Y/N <3
Sure. Send the location. I need to get out of this house :)

Fivel screamed and I smiled, my insides filling with bubbly joy.