chaos is a friend of mine || chapter five

Y/N's POV

Holy shit. Holy freaking shit. Brigette Lundy-Paine asked me out for dinner. Y/B/F came over and comforted me after the whole Derek situation, but when Brigette texted me, we both lost our shits. We were scrambling around for an outfit but settled for a pair of washed-out mom jeans, a cable-knit sweater vest, and some rings and necklaces.

Brigette sent the location and I realized that I knew where it was, I just didn't pay much mind to it when I walked and drove past. I hopped into one of my old-fashioned cars. A 1960 Ford Thunderbird that used to belong to my grandpa.

I said my goodbyes to Y/B/F and drove off. I loved the feel of the wind blowing through my hair and somehow cooling my anxious mind. Questions and doubts filled my head and for a second I considered cancelling last minute, but that would make Brigette feel bad and that's the last thing I'd want to do.

I eventually arrived at the diner and parked perfectly on my first try. Maybe this night won't be as bad as I thought. Danny's Diner was a perfect representation of the whole vintage diners that have been around for ages which was why I brought the car. I stepped into the diner and I was immediately blown away by the bright lights and the colorful boombox in the corner softly playing "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany.

I looked around the diner and eventually, my eyes landed on Brigette. Their face lit up as they saw me and they stood up immediately. I walked towards them shyly and I kept telling myself not to fall. I sat across from them and the red leather booth squeaked a bit as I sat on it.

"Hey," I greeted smiling.

"Hi," Brigette said. "How are you?"

"I'm good, I'm just swamped with work and stuff," I said sighing. "What about you? How's Atypical coming along?"

"It's going well. It's a little bit stressful with interviews being piled on top of filming and it's stressful, but I'm used to it," Brigette replied, smirking a bit. 

A waiter came over and Brigette looked slightly confused at the waiter but placed their order anyway. They ordered curly fries, a BLT, and a soda. I ordered a regular cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked as the waiter left.

"Yeah, why?" Brigette asked, it seemed as though they snapped back into reality.

"You were looking at the waiter weirdly," I replied.

"Oh, yeah, um, it's just the manager always serves me after an incident that happened," Brigette said as they twisted a fork between their fingers. They stared at the piece of cutlery in deep thought.

"I'm sorry. Honestly, I love my fans, but they can suck. Just a little," Brigette smiled at that and for a while we sat in a comfortable silence. Our food arrived not soon after and then we were on a wave of topics from apple juice vs. orange juice and our personal lives.

Brigette's POV

After dinner we went outside and I felt my jaw drop as I saw Y/N's car. A freaking baby blue 1960 Ford Thunderbird.

"It was my grandpa's," Y/N said, smiling, no doubt seeing my stupid face.

"Your grandpa must've been cool as fuck," I said. Y/N giggled and spun the car keys around her index finger.

"Want to go for a ride?" Y/N asked, a smirk playing on her lips. I didn't have to reply, I just hopped in and in a matter of time the engine started and we were on the road driving.

"Where to, L/N?" I asked as I placed my hands behind my head, allowing the cool spring night air to run over my face.

"I know a place. It's an hour drive though. Are you up for it?" Y/N asked.

"Duh," I said excitedly as I switched on the radio. "Pussy is God" by King Princess blasted through the speaker and I immediately started bopping my head to the familiar beat.

"No way," Y/N said. "The Brigette Lundy-Paine listens to King Princess?"

"And girl in red," I stated proudly.

"It just keeps getting better, huh?" Y/N asked as she accelarated and we sped down an empty street and I felt so alive. I raised my hands in the air and screamed from pure, absolute joy. Y/N laughed from the driver's seat and her laugh sounded like music to my ears.

We eventually made it to a cliff. Empty beer cans littered the place, and the garbage bin provided was filled to the brim with trash. Y/N parked right on the edge of the cliff. She hopped out, and I followed pursuit. 

"This place is a dump," I commented to no one in particular. Y/N scratched in the trunk before pulling out two Coke cans.

"Yeah. Frat parties sometimes gets held here and the garbage truck guys are too lazy to do anything," Y/N replied nonchalantly. "But besides the slight odour of vomit, it's quite peaceful."

Y/N hopped onto the hood of the car and relaxed. She must've notice my lack of presence next to her, so she patted a spot on the hood next to her. I reluctantly hopped on and scooted next to her. I watched as Y/N took a sip of her Coke as she stared of into the distance. She placed her head on my shoulder and I sighed in relaxation.

"This is so beautiful," I commented staring at the full moon and trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, my mom and I used to come here a lot," Y/N replied in a distant voice. Almost as though she was reliving that exact memory of her and her mom. "I've never brought anyone else here, you know," Y/N said out of the blue.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I've never met anyone as special as you," Y/N said. She took her head off my shoulder and looked at me straight in the eye. "You make me feel special, Brig. I'm glad I met you."

My heart fluttered at her words and I felt my cheeks redden. My palms became super sweaty and my stomach was filled with overgrown moths and spiders. But, a sensation on my lips stopped all the nerves. 

Y/N was kissing me.

I cupped my hands around her face and melted into the sweet, passionate kiss.

Y/N's POV

Fuck. Shit. I'm kissing Brigette Lundy-Paine! It felt amazing. Their lips were soft and tasted slightly of Coke. I placed my hands behind their neck just to deepen the kiss and I swear I was on Cloud 9.

Suddenly, a phone rang. We broke apart and I stopped myself from whining. Ugh, that kiss though. Brigette shrugged and hopped off the hood to get their phone in the car.

"Hey, Fivel, what's up-?" I watched as Brigette's face dropped and they looked at me with wide eyes. Something was wrong.

"Yeah. Okay. Is she okay?" Brigette asked the person on the other side of the phone. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll be there." Brigette hung up and tears fell down their cheeks. They fell onto their knees and started sobbing.

I hopped off the hood of the car quickly and ran to Brigette's side, holding them and, thankfully, they sank into my embrace.

"Brig, what happened?" I asked softly. They sniffed and looked at me.

"Someone broke into the house while Fivel was there... and they- they- beat her up... they took all my valuable stuff. But I- I don't care about that, I care about her... I need to go to the h- hospital," Brigette said. I gasped and scrambled to help Brigette stand up.

"C'mon then, we're going," I said. "I'm sure she'll be fine, and she needs the support." I added, noticing that Brigette didn't move. Soon Brigette nodded and hopped into the car and I immediately started driving.