oh, what a mess || chapter 9

Y/N's POV

Brigette's apartment was a dump. Their TV was smashed, bookshelves brought down and various comic books and CDs were sprawled around. Their couch was ripped apart and feathers were everywhere.

I sneezed. There was a serious accumulation of dust too apparently.

"Your sneeze is cute," Brigette commented slyly. I rolled my eyes and turned my back towards them. They must not know that I am blushing...

"I guess I can get my cleaner, Beatrice, to come over," Brigette commented without much thought.

I looked at them and quirked my eyebrow. Brigette looked at me, confused.

"You're not going to let one person clean this mess. You'll need a SWAT team," I suggested. Brigette rolled their eyes and walked down the hallway, presumably to their bedroom.

The bedroom was somehow even worse. There were pillows everywhere and the closet was practically ripped to pieces. Brigette rushed to their bedside drawer and opened it and there it was: their laptop.

"Weird," Brigette said. "I wonder why the robber didn't take this?"

"Do you have like a jewelry drawer or something?" I asked, "Check if anything was taken there."

Brigette walked into their walk-in closet and opened a drawer. There were mixtures of gold and silver, and I'm assuming none of their jewelry went missing either. Brigette looked at me questioningly, confirming my suspicion.

"This is fucked up," Brigette said as they sunk to the floor, "It's almost as though the 'robber' came just to beat Fivel up. It doesn't make sense."

I sat next to them and placed my head on their shoulder. We sat there for a while, taking it all in. I was weird, and there was this smell in the air. Something that was familiar, but it was distant. I lifted my head and placed a soft kiss against Brigette's temple.

"Let's get some of your essentials: clothes, toothbrush and things. I'll look online for a cleaning team and maybe a new security system," I suggested. Brigette sighed and wrapped their arms around my waist.

"Thank you. For everything," Brigette muttered. I heard their voice crack and along with that, my heart cracked as well.

"You ain't seen nothing yet!" I said, standing up quickly. I needed to cheer them up. "Let's get to packing and we can order some take-out and just do nothing at my place."

Brigette smiled in response. Oh my god, that smile. They stood up and went to a cupboard and took a large suitcase out of it. Suddenly, their eyes widened and they rushed to their living room.

"Brig!? BRIG!?" I called out and followed in close pursuit. "Brig, what's wrong?"

"No. No. No! The fucking asshole stole my copy of The Virus!" Brigette exclaimed.

"I can get you a new one?" I questioned.

"No- It's just-" Brigette sighed. "It's just that book is like a memory for the first time we met and it's special."

My heart practically melted. "Oh, love," I said walking towards them, "I bet it's somewhere in this apartment. When I hire the cleaning team I'll tell them to look out for it."

"Yeah, I guess," Brigette sighed once again and rubbed the bridge of their nose, "Let's pack," Brigette said with fake cheeriness and walked to their room.

Brigette's POV

I dropped my suitcase onto the bed of a spare room in Y/N's massive house. I laid back on the bed and sighed. Maybe I should unpack. I thought and got up and grabbed my phone and opened Spotify. I clicked on the first song I saw which was 'Sinatra' by Forrest Nolan.

Well, I don't mean to pry
But I noticed you looked lonely

"Hey," I heard a voice behind me. I turned and saw Y/N, in all her beauty.

Oh, and so am I, so I figured I'd
Go ahead and ask if it's true

"I got a cleaning team, they'll go to your apartment tomorrow," Y/N said as she sat on the bed. "I also contacted the manager of the building your apartment is in and I informed them about the break-in. They agreed that they need a security system."

"You- You didn't have to do that," I said.

"But, I wanted to. And besides, it's already done," Y/N said as she stood up and took my hands, and placed them in hers, "You can go to work tomorrow without any worry, I'll even visit Fivel at the hospital."

I looked at her in surprise. All this? For me? Without thought, I kissed her and the blissful feeling of her reciprocating the gesture warmed my heart.

When the morning comes with the sun above
Both shoes in our hands after hours of dance
After you look up from our feet
After I kiss you on the cheek

"I love this song," Y/N said dreamily after our lips parted.

"And I-" My words was interrupted by the doorbell.

"Ooh! That must be the food that I ordered," Y/N said happily, "I'll go get it. Meet me downstairs in five, okay?"

I nodded and watched as Y/N rushed downstairs. I sighed and fell backward on the bed once again and sighed. The lyrics filled my ears to the brim and I imagined Y/N and I dancing underneath the moon and the stars.

I'd have asked you out to the dance
But I figured you'd been asked at least a hundred times
So I figured I'd ask right now