let it hurt || chapter 6

Brigette's POV

Y/N and I scrambled through the hospital door, rushing to the reception area. I got there before Y/N thanks, again, to my long legs. A felt a pang of sadness when I remembered how Fivel teased me about it.

"Hi, I'm looking for Fivel Stewart," I said quickly. The nurse looked at me, with a quirked eyebrow.

"Family only," the nurse stated before turning back to her computer. She wasn't even doing any work, she was playing Solitaire. I could see it through her glasses.

"We are family," Y/N said suddenly. " We're Fivel's cousins. We're very worried," the nurse sighed and took off her glasses.

"I don't get paid enough for this," the nurse said under her breath before turning to her computer and typed something. Her fingers were flying across the keyboard. "Third floor, room 315."

"Thank you," Y/N said before we rushed to the elevator and hastily pressed a button with the number 3 on it.

"Are you sure you don't want to be an actor?" I asked teasingly. Y/N giggled, and her laugh made feel slightly better.

After what felt like ages, the elevator doors opened and we rushed to room 315. When we opened the door we saw Booboo. He looked towards us and my eyes met Fivel's state. Y/N gasped softly, shocked by how beaten up Fivel was. She had a blue eye that was turning slightly purple, half of her top lip was swollen and her forehead and cheeks had multiple cuts on them.

"Hey," Booboo greeted, his voice cracked in the process. I rushed towards him and gave him a hug. He, thankfully, hugged back.

"I am so sorry, I should've been there-" I said. I was going to continue, but Booboo stopped me.

"It's not your fault, Brigette," Booboo said before turning to Y/N. "Hey, you're Y/N L/N," Booboo stated.

"Hi, you're Booboo Stewart. My cousin loves Descendants," Y/N greeted.

"Fivel here loves The Virus," Booboo said, grinning.

"So I've heard," Y/N commented, smiling. A pang of jealousy struck me and I immediately felt guilty. Y/N liked me anyways. I mean, she did kiss me.

Y/N's POV

The visiting hours were over after 20 minutes of staying in the room with an unconscious Fivel. Brigette and I said our goodbyes to Booboo before climbing back into the car.

"Can you drop me off at my place?" Brigette asked, not bothering to look at me.

"No," I said sternly. Brigette looked at me confused. "It's dangerous, especially at this hour. We're going to my house, there's a spare room and I have clothes for you. We can go in the morning when it's light out,"

Brigette didn't argue and, instead, nodded in agreement. The drive was a long and solemn one. We didn't switch on the radio or anything, but eventually we made it to my place. I parked and we sat in the car for a while, until Brigette started crying.

"Hey, hey," I said before reaching over to hug them. It was a bit uncomfortable, but I'd walk through fire just to see Brigette happy.

"It hurts so bad. It's all my fault. I- I should've been there," Brigette choked out.

"It's not your fault, and you can't be everywhere. And if you were there, you would've gotten hurt too," I said rubbing their back.

"Better me than her," Brigette muttered.

"No, don't say that," I said. "It's going to hurt, Brig. You have to let it hurt. It's going to feel shitty, but you have to keep your head up, love. Do it for Fivel,"

Brigette sniffed and looked into my eyes. Their eyes were red and filled to the brim with tears. I kissed their salty cheek and placed my forehead on theirs.

"Thank you," their voice cracked and I kissed them on the cheek again.

"Always. C'mon, let's go upstairs. It's been a long day," I suggested. Brigette nodded. We got out of the car and walked inside my house. I didn't see Y/B/F anywhere, so I assumed they went home. I led Brigette to one of the spare rooms.

"Thanks, again. For everything," Brigette said. I nodded and went to my room to get some clothes for Brigette. They were tall so I settled for some pajama shorts and an oversized hoodie. I walked to their room and handed them the clothes.

"I'll make us some tea while you change," I said. They nodded and I closed the door as I walked into the hallway.

I walked down the staircase and locked the door on my way to the kitchen. I switched on the kettle and took out two cups and placed green tea bags in each of them.

"Hey, Alexa!" I called out. A liitle 'bleep' responded to my voice. "Play 'Meet Me in the Hallway" by Harry Styles."

"Okay. Playing 'Meet Me in the Hallway' by Harry Styles," Alexa said, and almost immediately, the sound of the guitar filled the kitchen and I was immediately put at ease.

Meet me in the hallway...

I heard the soft footsteps of Brigette approaching me as I poured the boiling water into the cups.

Meet me in the hallway...

I felt as their arms wrap around my waist and I immediately felt at home.

"Care for a dance?" they asked, their breath tickling my neck.

"Always,"

I just left your bedroom
Give me some morphine
Is there any more to do?

I placed my hands behind their neck and they rested their hands on my waist. We swayed and I forgot the world as I stared into their eyes.

Just let me know I'll be out the door, out the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out

Brigette's POV

I don't know how she did it. It was just us swaying, doing nothing but staring into each others' eyes, but I forgot everything. I forgot about my worries about Fivel, I forgot about what I was going to do about my house, but I did not, and probably never will, forget about Y/N and her beautiful eyes, lips, and everything else.

I gotta get better, gotta get better
And maybe we'll work it out