mistakes || chapter 10

Y/N's POV

Saved by the bell, I thought. I knew what Brigette was going to say. I know that I like Brigette, but I don't know if I love them. Everything is a blur at the moment. Everything's going too fast. The last time things went this fast was with Derek. Everything went so fast that the red flags seemed to be green and I don't want that to happen again.

I sighed and opened the door where the delivery man stood. He was on his phone and looked up when he saw me.

"Uh, delivery for Y/N L/N?" the man asked.

"Yep, that's me. Thank you so much," I replied as I took the food and gave him a twenty-dollar bill. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

"You too, ma'am," he said as he walked back to his motorcycle and drove off.

I closed and locked the door behind me and walked to the kitchen. I placed all the food on the counter and yawned. Today was exhausting.

"Smells good," Brigette called as they climbed down the stairs.

"It isn't even out of the bag yet, Brig," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You can never go wrong with Thai," Brigette said as I took the boxes out of the plastic bag. I chuckled and soon the doorbell rang again.

"Did you tip the guy?" Brigette asked.

"Yeah, of course..." I tentatively walked to the door, Brigette following close behind.

Brigette's POV:

I followed Y/N to the front door, acting like I was her bodyguard. The air was thick with anticipation. To think, the only thing preventing my fist from driving into Y/N's jerk of an ex's face was a mere piece of wood...

"Booboo!" Y/N exclaimed, the air dissipated and became lighter and calmer. "What's up? Everything alright?"

"Uh, yeah, I was just checking up to see how Brig was doing after the incident," Booboo stated.

"How did you know where Y/N/N lives?" I asked, a gentle rumble of jealousy mixed with hunger growled within my stomach.

"Ah, never mind that," Y/N said, "Come in, Brig and I were just about to have dinner. Care for a bite?"

"Only if you don't mind?" Booboo questioned.

"Of course not!" Y/N exclaimed opening the door for Booboo to enter. "We ordered Thai, I hope you don't mind."

"Nah, Thai's my favorite," Booboo said, making Y/N giggle as she reached into the cabinet to get some plates out.

That wasn't even funny, I thought as I opened a can of beer I found in the fridge. 

"So how's Fivel holding up?" Brigette asked, breaking up the conversation that Y/N and Booboo were having.

"She's getting better. They're planning to discharge her next week," Booboo replied.

"That's excellent news, right, Brig?" Y/N said, her eyes were big and bright, and she had a toothy grin that reached her eyes. Something I couldn't help but melt for.

"Yeah, it is," I replied, smiling, as I took another sip of beer.

The night went on and we discussed things like careers, hobbies, and how Booboo's name was actually Nils. Before we knew it, it was midnight and way past a regular bedtime.

"Shit, it's late, I should get going..." Booboo muttered as he checked his phone.

"No, please, I insist, take one of the guest bedrooms. I can assure you that you won't be an inconvenience of any sort," Y/N suggested. 

"I didn't even bring any clothes or-"

"It's chill," I interrupted, "You can borrow some of my oversized things, I don't mind." I wasn't going to let my pride and jealousy get ahead of me. Y/N liked me, only me, her feelings wouldn't change if Booboo decided to stay for one night.

"I mean if you insist..."

"I do," Y/N declared. "Let me show you to your room after I do the dishes."

"Don't worry about it, Y/N/N, I'll do it," I assured. "B, I'll give you your clothes when I'm done and, Y/N/N, go to bed when you're done, okay?"

Y/N nodded and both Booboo and Y/N disappeared into the corridor, their voices and footsteps slowly becoming silent as they ascended the stairs.

Y/N's POV

"This is a huge-ass house, I might get lost in the morning," Booboo joked as we climbed the stairs.

"Don't worry, the room I'm about to show you makes sure you get direct access to the stairs which will lead you into the main hall," I said.

"Heh, thanks," Booboo chuckled.

We eventually arrived and I opened the bedroom door and directed Booboo inside. It was a generic room that was painted a light grey and various pieces of abstract art littered the dull room. Splashes of reds, oranges, and yellows from the paintings lightened up the space. In the center was a double-sized bed with white and beige bedding and fluffed-up pillows that sat at the headboard. A fluffy rug sat at the foot of the bed and a small desk was pushed into a corner, decorated with books by Jane Eyre and Emily Brontë.

"Nice space,"

"Thanks. My friend, Y/F/N, is an interior designer, she designed this entire house, but as they become more eccentric their designs are following a pursuit. So, we'll be renovating in the near future," I explained. "Hopefully, this house will become more exciting with clouds painted on the walls and oddly shaped rugs decorating the floors."

"It's so easy to tell that you're a writer," Booboo said.

"And why's that?" I asked. He turned on his heel and faced me, slowly walked towards me, and gently cupped my face into his hand.

"Because of the way you speak. Your tongue is one of a true writer," Booboo said, his eyes flickering to my lips.

In a slow succession, our faces became closer with every passing second. And I'm unsure of whether it was the spicy Thai food I ate, the beer I drank, or the overwhelming scent of wood in Booboo's cologne that made me kiss him.