Arranged Marriage : EP 1

A snow-white paper shrouded by a welkin-blue envelope, with a cloud motif seal attached on it, was brought to the Yunmeng guard, then to the messenger, by a disciple from Gusu who was adorned in pristine white and azure soft robes. The letter was carried to the Yunmeng Jiang Sect leader - Jiang Fengmian who was immersed in the onerous paper works of the exigent clan matters.

The soft aura of the letter smeared in soft sky blue hue, mollified his eyes a little, after his jaded orbs were given a repose from the burden of absorbing the inky curls on the paper momentarily. However, as he unfurled the neatly folded paper, a streak of flummox and astound flashed across his face, and a call for Yu Furen and his eldest son immediately resonated within the edifice of Lotus Pier.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Wei Wuxian, the head disciple of Yunmeng Clan, was practising sword fighting with his brother Jiang Cheng, the second junior disciple of the said esteemed clan. The taller youth was cladded with red-black robes, while the younger youth was taking pride with each flash of the lotus-engraved wrist band, and fluttering of the lilac robes - the very representation of their sect.

While taller youth's movements were sleek, flexible, intricate; elicited slyness, strength, power, stealth and glide of a free spirited rippling smooth flow of gurgling river - receiving every meander with ease, and smoothly cutting through the calloused soil, the other youth to his opposite, emanated vigour, rigidity, demanding authority and toughness - like the grappling tree of the tropical forests, that vies to ascent high and high until it outshadows the underneath trees, and stand above all to seek solace and exalts from the sun.

The two artists were starkly adverse in aspects of their fighting techniques, but they sparred with such acknowledged movements and noted manoeuvre, it felt like the two were conversant to each other's each and every move and techniques, like the lines on the palm of their hands.

A disciple came, " Shixiong, Jiang Gongzu, greetings. " The Jiang disciple bowed with a respectful gesture.

Both of them stopped sparing and looked at the disciple, returning the greeting.

"Sect leader has summoned Shixiong. "

Wei Wuxian, "Okay, coming."

The disciple left.

"Take care of yourself didi , I will be
back soon. " He chirped and sent a flying kiss towards his brother, that was mingled with a mischievous spark of his eyes, and a scintilla of teasing miscreant.

Jiang Cheng scoffed and fumed with a sulking annoyance "Go to hell. And how dare you sent me flying kiss and who said you can call me 'didi'? You are just a month older than mme idiot." There was no real bite of austerity in his tone, but a very usual expression of manifested annoyance, accompanied by his very well known scowl.

Wei Wuxian laughed out loudly, voice laden by a layer of amusement and perversity. "Because you are my didi, little pink angry lotus. " Sticking out his tongue at Jiang Cheng, he laughed and sprinted away, leaving behind his utterly annoyed and exasperated younger brother.

Wei Wuxian went to his room, got freshed and put on new set of black robes, and proceeded to meet his father.

Though he was adopted, he never felt the lack of warmth of a family. Almost every scintilla of memory about his real parents have abolished from his memory, who had left this world when he was only 4. Then Uncle Jiang brought him home one day when he found the boy he has been searching for, struggling around the steets with a dog for food. His sensitive soft skin was covered with dog bites.