Home and Heart : EP 1

The brewing tea was diffusing a soothing aroma into the calm and cold air. Rustling of clothes, creaks of bed, few footsteps; and the day began with another peaceful morning of this now blissful life.

"Wei Ying, wake up love." The naked man wrapped in layers of soft blanket whined and snuggled harder against the pillow that scented of old sandalwood.

"I am getting married to Lady Xuer today, Wei Ying. Time for you to leave Cloud Recess. Please do not squander with my time."

The voice was dense and authoritative. The words, cold and sharp.

Wei Wuxian's eyes opened with a jolt and he bolted away from the bed, falling on the floor unceremoniously.

"Owww... Shit!"

An usually empty and lonely morning Jingshi greeted him along with a crawling pain on his butt that just hit the floor. A chilly wind blew over the room and his unclothed body shivered violently. Quickly returning to bed, he cocooned himself up inside the pile of blankets.

The words he heard perhaps... in his dream? was making his heart thump loudly. Unpleasantly. A dry pout found it's way on his lips.

He could not fall asleep once again as he usually does, but got off the bed and readied himself up in the attire of decency in his refined black clothes.

There was no food on the table. Unlike other days.

What should he do now?

The sun seemed to be pretty high in the sky and he was left alone.

Sprinting out of the cold Jingshi, he scuttled towards the magnolia garden and sat himself on the soft, wet grass under a lushful tree. The warm sunrays felt pleasant against his cold skin.

His heart felt empty to a large stretch.

Cloud Recess was as silent as a monastery, and not even a glimpse of a soul could be felt in his vicinity.

Should I go and look for my husband?

Not a good idea probably. It will only make the other displeased from the predicament meted out from his part. The younger Jade must be busy in imparting precious knowledge into the young Lans. Knowledge, for which he is worshipped. The very knowledge, for which he himself is despised paradoxically.

He sighed.

Hanguang Jun is the light bearing Lord. And he is a notorious soul who casually creates objects that are used by the common people who claim them to be so-called 'useful'.

Another sigh.

A few years ago, he really had absolute freedom of mind and spirit. Freedom doesn't mean having your way with your dear life. But also having your dear ones close to you, have the liberty to spend time with the ones you cherish. Devote your time to feel their warmth and presence. Unhindered by the hurdles of  life.

He knows that he is a family person- deep down to the bones.

But alas! The old man Lan had not only added dozens of rules after his entry into Cloud Recess, but even went as far as prohibiting any communication between the Juniors and Wei Wuxian.

He misses the sweet, young boys and their clumsy ways of youthful life.

After spending an hour in the garden, he finally gathered the enthusiasm to walk into the main quarters... well, his room, because the Lans could barely tolerate him.

What a menace of a in-laws house he has! God have some mercy on this person.

He felt an overwhelming burden of loneliness. The best he could do to overcome this was by going to a solo venture and return home by night. Since he could not associate with the Juniors.