10| I DON'T THINK YOU'RE A PROSTITUTE

Rafes head was swarming with what Aria said

Rafes head was swarming with what Aria said. She clearly had to be attracted to him if she completely suggested they have sex. I mean, he'd never had sex with someone he didn't think was attractive. But maybe she'd been different, maybe that's not how it worked for her. Rafe didn't even know if Aria had done it before, he assumed she probably had, it's not like she'd want to if it was her first time. But he didn't know that either, he didn't know anything.

Aside from the fact that it's all that was in his head now and he suddenly felt like he was fifteen again and obsessed with the idea of having sex.

And whatever, sure, he'd gotten over that stupid school boy crush he had on her back in high school. He didn't even know if it was actually a crush or if he was just protective over her back then. Either way, that was long gone now. But just one sentence made him question everything. I mean, Aria drove him insane and annoyed the hell out of him, but she also understood and he liked to be around her.

Not to mention she was hot, really hot.

"I don't see shit!" Rafe announced as he looked down at the hole Renfield had been digging at alongside the excavator. Aria leaned against the Range Rover, watching them while Limbrey kept her distance but stood close by, "You sure this is the right spot?"

"Keep at it, Bob The Builder." Aria called his way, "Find me that gold."

"You wanna pitch in a little?" Rafe suggested her way, squinting from the sun, "Or you just wanna continuing to lean against my car and jack your jaw?"

God, but her voice was so sexy to listen to.

"Probably the second option, yeah." Aria gave a nod after a second of dramatic thinking.

"It's there. The garment will be in the cross, and the cross will be at the foot of the tree." Limbrey smiled as she watched the boys a moment longer. Aria was ready to blow her own head off if she had to listen to any more talk about a so called magical scarf.

"Well, whatever we find, we get our cut." Rafe spoke for him and Aria, holding the shovel in his hand.

"You can keep that scarf though." Aria hummed her way, pulling the jacket off her shoulders and throwing it into the car, "Unless Dumbledore and Harry Potter fight you for it first."

"The actual garment. You understand the significance." Limbrey ignored Aria and continued off with a smile of hope.

"I do, Carla. Completely." Renfield nodded as he shut the truck again.

"God, are these people not driving you crazy?" Aria asked as she walked over toward Rafe. She lost her jacket, and her arms were bare now. It was just her arms, just her freaking arms but it was driving him crazy, "You think it would be cruel if I took her crutches away and watched her fall over?"

Rafe gave a snort as she came up by his side, "Save that for after we get our stuff."

"Probably smart, yeah." Aria nodded her head. A crunch went under the excavator when it dug down.