15| SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME

"Why do I have to go with Rose? Why can't I come with you?" Aria spoke as she followed Rafe out of the house, not on board with the plan he had

"You go with Rose, make sure she doesn't pull any shit." Rafe spoke as he headed toward the truck, Aria still close behind, "You're my eyes and ears from the inside."

Aria huffed as she stopped walking, "This is bullshit."

Rafe turned around to give her a odd look.

"You're completely booting me." Aria shook his head as he sighed, "We have done everything together up until now. Do you not trust me?"

"I need you to watch her." Rafe repeated with a serious look, "Wheezie and Sarah are gonna be with her, yeah? Who knows the shit the three of them can pull. But you, you'll be there to stop it."

Aria rolled her eyes, "Fine, i'll see you there."

Rafe grabbed her hand to lay a kiss on the top of her hand, "Right behind you, okay? Right behind you."

Aria rolled her eyes as she watched him jump into the truck, drive off, and leaving her questioning why he didn't want her to come with him this time around.

"Aria." the voice came as a whisper at first, her eyes still shut as the ship rocked in the slightest, "Hey, wake up. Aria."

She blinked, opening her eyes slowly and letting her eyes adjust to Rafe. She remembered falling asleep when getting on the ship last night, "You took a while."

"Longer stop then I thought." he said back, new clothes going unnoticed to her, "Tired?"

Aria nodded, not moving as her eyes barley kept open. Rafe leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, "Something happened."

His words made her sit up with a odd look. Rafe sighed, standing up to his feet, "You're gonna be pissed."

When Rafe moved, Arias eyes set upon her father leaning in the doorway, "Miss me?"

Arias eyes went wide as her face paled, tightening her fist together.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me?" Aria repeated herself as her and her father got up on the deck, the early morning sun shining down.

"I know you're confused." Gage spoke as he rose a hand to her.

"You don't know shit!" Aria shoved his hand away, "You've been lying to me this entire time! You weren't dead! You just left me to deal with all your shit!"

"Ward needed me!" Gage argued, pushing her when she fought against him, "Listen to me."

"The house was taken." Aria glared at him, nose twitching in the slightest, "All your loser family called too. You think I wanted to deal with that? All while you were being Wards bitch?"

Gage's face dropped as he looked as her, "Don't talk to me like that."

"Don't leave me." Aria argued back, "Don't leave a bunch of shit I have to deal with."

Aria shoved her dad harshly, his anger getting the best of him as he went to grab hold of her. Wrapping his hand around her wrist, he was met with a gun to his face. Gage wasn't sure were she was hiding it and how she managed to have it out so quick, but she did and was aiming it right at him.

He let her go, "Aria."

"Shut the hell up." she threatened, cocking the gun and aiming it at him, "Do you have any clue what you've done?"

"I-I know I left you with some stuff to handle. I'm sorry, okay? I wanted to-" he began before she cut him off.

"Not just now! Always!" Aria yelled, because this had seemed to break her and every emotion was flying off her, "You made my life hell! All the shit you've pulled. Everything I am is because of you!"

Aria was hot headed herself, but she never let it shove with Gage. He was her dad and she felt as through she owed it to him to try and be better. But she thought he was dead, she was left to clean up his messes, it caused a switch to go off inside of her, "You never cared, dad. You never cared to put me first, you never cared to ask what-"

Aria stopped, her voice broke and eye's watered, "You never cared to ask what was wrong with me."

Aria never admitted such a thing out loud.

"What is it? Tell me." Gage spoke softly, a way of begging her not to shoot, "I'm listening. What's wrong?"

"I don't know!" Aria hollered, her shouts causing Rafe to walk out on the deck but keep a large distance, "Something isn't right inside my head, dad. You know it. Mom caused it but you just fueled it, you made it worse. Something is wrong with me. I'm not right. Why do you not care enough to help me?"

By now, Aria was crying as her hands shook. Gage held his hand out, attempting to slowly grab the gun but Aria aiming it at him again, "Baby, i'm sorry. You know I love you. I just wanted what was best for you. Nothing is wrong with you, I promise."

Aria laughed through her tears, "I need help, dad."

"No, no, of course n-" his soft words were only a act, lunging for the gun suddenly. Rafe stepped forward, stopping as two shots rung through the air. Aria gasped as she watched the blood form on her fathers shirt, his legs getting weak.

Her vision filled with red, "You have hurt me too much."

"Aria." Gage chocked on his own blood. But his words meant nothing. Aria shot him again, and again, and again, and again until his body was stumbling back so much that he fell over the railing of the boat and bleed out into the ocean waters. Aria lowered the gun, taking deep breaths as it faced the ground.

Rafe approached slowly, a unreadable look his his eye, "Aria."

She sighed, "Yeah?"

His hand came up to touch her arm, "How do you feel?"

She was silent a second, inhaling as she gave Rafe the gun, "Reborn."

kylie speaks

mental illness is so
important and so many
kids have to grow up with
these demons inside of
them because their parents
won't get them the help they
need. that was my main goal
to portray when making
aria. it is SO IMPORTANT to
listen to your kids, no matter
what you want to believe.

 it is SO IMPORTANT tolisten to your kids, no matterwhat you want to believe