12| THIS GOOD ENOUGH FOR FUCKING ON GOLD?

The pogues unwillingly made things so much easier for Rafe and Aria

"Wait." Rafe tried to warn Aria after Kie's fathers truck drove off, Aria already speeding toward the church doors, "Aria."

"Better keep up, Cameron." she teased, a evil giggle leaving her lips as she dramatically pulled the doors of the church open. Aria smiled as she spun around in the slightest, making her way into the old, possibly haunted, church, "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Silly pogues."

"A-" Rafe began again after he took his time in coming into the church, keeping the coast clear. He stopped when his eyes set on her pulling cushions off the large cross. It was bigger then either of them actually were thinking, prettier, and clean. Arias face lit up as she stared down at it, her index finger over the little crystals in the middle. She looked over at Rafe, his stare lingering onto the cross longer then intended.

Rafe felt Arias stare, meeting her eye as he grinned alongside her. She ran his way, jumping up into his arms as his arms tightened around her smaller frame, spinning them both in a circle as a celebration.

"God, look at it." Aria spoke out loud as she kept look into the back of the truck, the cross laying back there, "So gorgeous."

"About time we found it." Rafe spoke, reaching over to grab Arias hand. She hadn't stopped smiling since they finally managed to load it up at the church, latching onto his hand, "You happy?"

"So happy." she smiled, "God, we're gonna be one of those privileged couples that fucking hate everyone but it doesn't even matter because their both so hot and have so much money."

Couple.

Rafe grinned as he stared at the road, coming across a crashed truck. A familiar one at that, "Is that-"

"Hell yeah, roll down my window." Aria laughed, unbuckling her seat belt as her window began to roll down. As they passed the pogues on the side of the road, the darkness from the sky far from dark enough to conceal Aria hanging out her open window, both middle fingers on disbelief and shiny lips turned up into a smile.

Rafe laughed as Aria got back into the car fully, passing them completely. She gave a giggle, sitting back down completely. Aria lifted her hips a second to get comfortable and adjusted in her seat again, window coming up. Her head turned, watching Rafe a second as his biceps flexed in the slightest, hand tightening on the wheel.

A hum left Arias lips, leaning over to lay a kiss on his cheek. Rafe rose his eyebrows at her action, watching as she stood up and climbed toward the back, "Where you goin?"

"Checking on our baby." Aria said, kneeling down next to the gold cross. She placed her hand on it again, staring as the shine lit up her eyes in the slightest. Rafe watched her through the mirror, eyes glancing at the road every now and then as he turned. Aria stumbled slightly but not bad, humming in delight as she stared at the gold. Every fuck up in her life didn't matter anymore. It didn't matter that the bank was taking her house, that her phone bill was well over due, that she owned plenty of ticket money, that she hadn't finished high school, didn't have a job.