13| WE TOOK CARE OF THAT

"It's there?" Limbrey whispered to Aria as they watched Rafe and Reinfield attempt to take the golden cross out of the back of the truck

"It's there?" Limbrey whispered to Aria as they watched Rafe and Reinfield attempt to take the golden cross out of the back of the truck. Aria glanced her way with a minor smirk but hadn't said anything.

"You guys are doing great." Aria spoke up a second later as Reinfield and Rafe both groaned and moaned at the weight of the cross.

"I don't believe it." Carla gapped as they had it laid up against the side of the truck. Aria rubbed Rafes back, leaning against his arm.

"I told you I'd get it for you, didn't I?" Reinfield asked through breaths, smiling at Carla.

The blonde smiled, "You said you would, and.. and you did."

Rafe watched closely as Reinfield cut the tarp around the cross, "Before we do this. I just wanna remind you of the deal, okay?"

"You really are your fathers son, aren't you?" Carla looked Rafes way as he rose his eyebrows her way, "Talking about deals in a moment like this."

"We have a life to get on with, so, yeah." Aria sassed her as she crossed her arms.

"I showed you the mural. We get our cut." Rafe reminded her of the discussion.

"The deal is as we discussed, Rafe." the older woman spoke with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"Better be." he added.

"You'll get your cut. The both of you." Carla told the pair with a nod, looking at Aria, "Perhaps you'll take care of that grandmother of yours."

Aria gave a fake thinking face, "Nah, don't think I will."

Carla looked at the now bare cross, approaching it slowly with a minor smile. Rafe nudged Aria, getting her attention as she glanced up at him. He gave her a minor smile, a way of saying this was theirs and they had the entire world in the palm of their hands. Aria smiled back.

Carla dropped her crutches, running her hands across the gold. Aria cleared her throat, "I'd be carful where you touch at on that thing."

Rafe elbowed her suddenly.

"Inside this cross is the shroud. And whoever touches the hem of the garment shall be healed." Carla spoke, for what felt like the hundredth time. Rafe and Reinfield shared a look, but kept silent. Carla pulled the key from her jacket pocket, staring at the small key hole, "It's time for a miracle."

"She's probably gonna die soon anyways." Aria whispered to Rafe as she watched Carla, "Whats a few years of being healed gonna do?"

"You're evil." Rafe shook his head at her words.

Carla struggled to twist the key, tugging on it tremendously. Reinfield walked forward, "Here. Let me help you get it."

"No! It's meant for a Limbrry!" she hollered at him, making him back off with a look of anger across his face. Aria could imagine she'd hit her with her own crutches if she'd said that to her. The lock clicked, Carla slowly pulling the little box open as the trio inched forward.