Chapter 3 (Meet the CEO)

6 weeks before the incident,

"I got fired! I got fired! Woohoo!" Dokyeom's voice rang through the air, catching some of his friends' attention. He started to dance like a mad man in the middle of the living room, eyes closed and lips pursed as his head was bopping to the non-existent beat.

"Is that supposed to be something to celebrate?" Jungkook who was on the couch cluelessly asked before munching on the cookies he got from Yugyeom's room.

"...I guess," Dokyeom answered halfheartedly as he plopped down beside Jungkook, snatching one of the cookies and stuffed it into his mouth.

"You know you can't keep changing jobs like this, Dokyeom." Eunwoo joined in the conversation as he walked out of the kitchen. His hand was holding a bowl of dry cereals, his eyes remained on his friend, waiting for his reply.

"It's not my fault that my ex-bosses aren't Blinks." Dokyeom defended and shrugged his shoulders. The room turned quiet after that until Jaehyun showed up from his room and questioned those who went into sight.

"Have you seen Yugyeom? I need him to help me in my thesis."

"I don't see him anywhere. Even when this morning I went to his room, it was empty." Jungkook answered with squinted eyes, trying to recall his memories.

"He's a bit sus lately, don't you think?" Jaehyun implied, leaning on the wall with arms wrapped around himself.

"I don't know, I'm not the observant one." Dokyeom carelessly said, briefly glancing at Eunwoo who seemed unbothered by his remark.

"He told me that his dad came to Seoul." Eunwoo's words made everyone turn to him in shock, Jaehyun and Dokyeom were frowning while Jungkook blinked his eyes a few times, trying to process what he heard.

"This means no good, isn't it?" Jungkook eventually broke the silence, looking at each of them with innocent eyes.

"You know his story, Kookie," Jaehyun said and let out a sigh, pinching his temple.

Jaehyun was right. On the day the squad was formed, each of them shared some things about themselves, and those included facts about their families.

Given the situation, a 19-year-old Yugyeom had no choice other than to reveal the reason he came to Seoul—which is his abusive father.

"So, what do we do?"

"Jeon, the question is, what can we do?" Dokyeom corrected and rolled his eyes before purposely biting harder on the cookie.

"Oh really, Lee?" Jungkook hitched as he glared at the other, squinting his eyes as if he was locking his target. Two seconds were all he needed to pounce on the older, but Dokyeom was more than ready as he jumped sideways, causing Jungkook to face-land on the couch.

"Sht..." Jungkook cursed under his breath as he sat up, glaring at Dokyeom who was smiling in triumph.

"Anyways, what's the plan?" Eunwoo asked after that, stopping Jungkook and Dokyeom from bickering because if the fight gets intense, who knows what will happen to the house. The least damage could be a whole mess from the living room to their shared bathroom, but Eunwoo was too scared to even think about that.

"We'll wait for him to open up. I don't wanna push him. He's a big boy now, maybe he wants to settle it by himself." Jaehyun concluded as he went back to his room while Eunwoo let out a small sigh.

He didn't like how this is going.

****

Dokyeom wandered alone in the mall, searching for nothing in particular. He licked on the ice cream he bought as he continued strolling until his eyes fell on a tall lady, maybe taller than him by an inch, who was distributing flyers in front of a small booth.

"Hello, sir. Are you looking for a job? We may have a perfect role for you at Yuwin Corporation." Dokyeom's lips twitched into a smirk as he scanned the girl quietly.

"Perfect time. I just got fired." the girl smiled at the reply before introducing herself.

"I'm Yoo Bitna and if you're okay, how about we sit and talk first?" Bitna introduced herself before gesturing to the inside of the booth, signing Dokyeom to follow her.

The latter nodded his head and they went inside. Dokyeom sat on a wooden bench which was the first thing he saw while Bitna walked away and disappeared behind a curtain.

Not long after that, she came back with someone behind her—a tall guy in a suit, his hair was neatly slid back, his hands shoved into his pockets as he walked with confidence emitting out of him.

"Sir, meet our new CEO, Mr. Pil." Dokyeom stood up and bowed a little as well as the CEO.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Pil." He greeted with a small smile.

Mr. Pil just nodded his head before speaking up. His deep voice surprised Dokyeom to an extent because looking at his friendly face and smooth skin, no one would think he owned a voice of an old guitar.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Lee Dokyeom." Again, Mr. Pil surprised the latter by saying his full name which he's pretty sure didn't mention even to the Bitna girl.

"Oh, you haven't introduced yourself yet, right?" Mr. Pil chuckled deeply as he sat down on the chair across Dokyeom who had creases all over his forehead.

"Bitna, if you please excuse us." Bitna curt politely and left the booth.

Now, this is awkward.

Dokyeom didn't really know what to say although he had a lot of questions in his mind. He wanted to ask how did this stranger know his name, what kind of job this stranger was offering and most importantly, if Bitna is still available.

"So, Dokyeom-shi." Dokyeom gulped down his saliva as an act of impulse. The man before him was actually intimidating and whatever he was trying to do to the younger man, it was working because right here and right now, Dokyeom thought he was going to pee himself.

"Yes, sir?" Contrasting to his inner thoughts, Dokyeom calmly replied.

"You love drawing, don't you?" Dokyeom's eyes flickered in shock as he looked away. He was once an artsy boy but that was a long time ago; when he had reasons to draw.

"I take your silence as a yes. So, I have an offer. Drafting technician at my company. Double the payment every month." The young boy was too stunned to speak. He remained speechless until a laugh echoed in the booth.

"See you later, Dokyeom-shi." Mr. Pil stood up with a sinister smile, patting Dokyeom's shoulder before walking off, leaving Dokyeom alone.

****

im gonna be honest. this story doesn't have any draft of whatsoever and my fried brain is the only thing that stores the storyline.

my point is, idk where this is going but i hope you can enjoy it as much as i enjoy writing it ;)

thanks for reading and have a good day, oraíos!

-jae