Chapter 5 (Puzzle Pieces)

4 weeks before the incident,

The following week went smooth for Dokyeom. Everyone in his department was welcoming him and so far they were no drama—at least he wasn't involved in any.

"So, what did you get?" It was Sunday, everyone gathered in the living room except for Mingyu who had a date with Mina.

Eunwoo actually asked him to cancel it because of their 'important' meeting, but Mingyu told him it was his day and tomorrow he would lose the girl to Minghao, who was currently sitting beside Jungkook with no expression on his face.

Eunwoo had no choice other than to let the boy go on his date.

"The workers there know something." Bambam started. "They seem to be avoiding that Bitna girl, but at the same time pampering her? I don't know, but all of them are suspicious. Something is definitely going on in that company."

"Dokyeom, did you get the floor plan?" Eunwoo suddenly asked.

"Yeah, I have it in my room. Give me a sec." Dokyeom went back to the living room with a file in his hand. He sat down and opened the file, placing it on the table for the others to have a better view of it.

"This is what I got from my assistant," Dokyeom informed.

"This isn't complete. Are you sure you have the right one?" Yugyeom asked. He was frowning.

"I don't know but for sure, this is the only floor plan that I got," Dokyeom said. The room fell silent for a moment before Bambam voice out.

"Are you not going to explain why you were asking such question?" He asked, referring to Yugyeom.

Yugyeom sighed. "I may or not had found a room that is not in the plan."

"What kind of room?" Minghao who was usually quiet asked. He was too impatient to sit back and watch as things unfold in front of him.

"A restricted area. I didn't get to see what's inside because a janitor suddenly showed up and chased me away. She said that the room is the staff lounge and outsiders aren't allowed to go in." Yugyeom said.

"Looking back, she was kind of suspicious too. She avoided all of my questions and ran away after I asked for a cigarette." He added.

"You asked for what?" Eunwoo asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm testing her, okay? Don't get mad at me." Yugyeom retorted and put his hands up.

"Anyway, a janitor you say? Is this her?" Jungkook suddenly cut in with his phone in the air.

Yugyeom as well as the others leaned in to get a good view of Jungkook's phone that showed a picture. A picture of him smiling and a woman in janitor uniform.

"Yes, she is the one, but why do you have a selfie with her?" Yugyeom asked.

"An impulsive act. I was standing at the lobby and saw her watching Bambam sipping on his coffee. I just think that's sus, so I approached her." Jungkook said, shrugging.

"If a janitor is acting like that, something is really wrong with the building." Eunwoo let out a small sigh and leaned back. His eyes wandered around, thinking about the possibilities of what they were going through.

"I'm thinking that this is a not a coincidence." Jaehyun said. "Everything seems to have a connection with each other. Mr. Pil, Bitna, the janitor, us, and also Mina."

"Mina?" Minghao sat up straight, looking directly into Jaehyun's eyes.

"What does she have to do with this?" He asked. He swallowed the lump in his throat as he tried to stay calm.

"I saw her going into that building and when I asked the receptionist," Jaehyun raised one of his eyebrows.

"She told me that Mina is the director's sister." Almost all of them had their mouths hanging a bit. Some of them sent a quick glance at Minghao, watching his reaction.

"Is she Mr. Pil's biological sister?" Bambam asked. He wanted to make sure of it even though whatever the answer turned out to be, Mina was still closely related to the old man.

"Yes. I dig in her information and they are indeed siblings. With 23 years of age gap." Replied Jaehyun.

They fell silent. No one dared to speak at the moment because they knew that whatever their next words are, will be something controversial. They weren't ready to face it. Yet.

"I think we should take a rest, process everything, and talk when we can." Jaehyun voiced out, and the others nodded in agreement.

One by one, they scrambled back to their rooms, leaving Minghao all alone in the living room.

Out of all of them, he's the one that needed to really process what he heard during the short discussion. The guy was lost in his thoughts as half of him was denying his ears while the other half was convincing himself that what he heard was indeed true.

But how can he believe that his dear girlfriend might be plotting something against him and his friends?

"Fck." Was the only thing he muttered as he messed up his hair and stood up to his room.

****

A few days after,

"This is insane." Eunwoo shook his head a few times, refused to believe the thing that they were about to do.

"We are insane." Bambam said with a smirk on his lips. He was close to jumping around because of the excitement.

"Guys, for the nth time, no." Eunwoo looked at each of his friends with an almost pleading look. He's really really against their idea this time.

"Eunwoo, chill. You're being dramatic." Jaehyun almost rolled his eyes as he said that. His gaze met Eunwoo who was at loss of words. He can't believe that Jaehyun, who he thought would be the last person to agree with this plan, would say something like that.

"You can't be serious, Jae. Are you agreeing with them? Really?" Eunwoo asked, disbelief was all over his face.

"Yah, Cha Eunwoo." Dokyeom called out. "I know this is a crazy plan, but this is only thing that we can do right now. We need to act quick and this is the fastest way." He explained, trying to persuade his friend.

"What if we get caught?" Eunwoo questioned again.

"That's why we made this plan, right? To make sure everything goes smoothly." Yugyeom answered before asking back.

"Now, please Eunwoo, are you in or out?"

****

heyyyyy i hope you enjoyed this chapter and please look forward for the next update! have a good day, oraíos!

anyway, votes?

-jae