Chapter 4 (Rich & Gay)

5 weeks before the incident,

"You guys know that I can handle myself right?" Dokyeom blew air out of his mouth, annoyance evidenced in his voice.

"No. Based on what you told us yesterday, this guy is something. We can't let him go." Bambam nodded his head enthusiastically, agreeing with Eunwoo's words.

"He just knows some little things from our past. Maybe it's a coincidence." Dokyeom tried to convince his friends. He didn't need them following him to his workplace on his first day. People will be staring at them, partly because of their handsome and gorgeous faces but that's not the point.

Dokyeom was not going to handle the embarrassment.

"This ain't no coincidence, Dokyeom. Old man in his late 40s, rich and gay? Screams suspicion all along the way." Jungkook firmly said.

"I never said that he's gay. Do not assume someone's interest, Jeon."

"But he said he turned on when he saw you." Jungkook retorted.

"He could be a bi, but anyway, we're not here to discuss his sexuality. We're here to make sure this place is safe for Dokyeom." Eunwoo said.

"Whatever," Dokyeom finally gave in, he fixed his suit and took his backpack from Yugyeom before continuing, "Fine. You guys do your job, but remember, we don't know each other."

It might sound offensive to other people, but they already knew each other too well and they all knew it was only the procedure they agreed on whenever they were about to investigate something.

The first and the last rule—we are strangers.

Dokyeom then left after saying one last goodbye to the others. He walked in and went straight to the receptionist, asking for Yoo Bitna, the girl that was supposed to show him around.

"Ms. Yoo is waiting for you on the 11th floor. Please take this way." The receptionist told him politely and Dokyeom thanked her before quickly making his way to the elevator. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Bambam sipping his coffee while sitting on a guest couch.

Dokyeom smiled to himself. He was lowkey hoping to hear something from any of the squad members after he's done with his work.

What his friends said did bother him. Mr. Pil was indeed suspicious and Dokyeom wasn't going to sit back and relax. He must know what Mr. Pil is up to and to what extent does the old man knows about them.

"Mr. Lee Dokyeom?" Deep in his thoughts, Dokyeom didn't even realise that he already arrived on the 11th floor. Just as what the receptionist said, Bitna was waiting for him, standing in front of the elevator in her office attire.

"Glad you make it," Bitna said with a smile as Dokyeom stepped out to stand before her.

Dokyeom only nodded as a reply. He admitted that he loved the girl's smile. Her attractive not-so-deep dimples showed along with her perfectly arranged teeth, and her eyes got smaller whenever her cheekbones rose.

"Please follow me, I'll show you your room." Bitna then said, gesturing to her right.

"Room?" Dokyeom understood that his job is important, but he didn't expect to have his own room. He was ready for a small desk that can hold a computer and a water bottle.

Bitna didn't reply, instead, she flashed him with his favourite smile.

Maybe it's a shared room.

Dokyeom tried his best to remain composed. It was his first day, and although he wasn't someone who gave attention to his workplace and his boss, he could feel that this time, it would be different.

Because for the first time in his life, he had another reason for coming to work and it was not to get paid well.

He, no, they needed to know Mr. Pil's intention to decide whether they'll befriend him or put him on a harmful list.

"Here is your room. I hope you can adapt and enjoy your new environment." Bitna said as she opened a glass door that led them to a big, spacious room that left Dokyeom's jaw hanging.

"Is this all m-mine?" Dokyeom asked doubtfully.

Bitna smiled timidly at the reaction. "As long as you serve."

"Enjoy your day, sir." the girl added before curtly bowed her head and walked away.

Dokyeom closed the door as he stepped into the room, admiring the interior. He made his way to his desk, plopping down on the leather chair.

He played his fingers through the files that were neatly placed on the desk before leaning back in boredom. It was his first day, so he decided to slack off a bit.

The door that was suddenly swung open gained his attention as he sat up straight, resting his hands on the table, waiting for his guest.

A man in suit came in with a file in his hands, bowing his head before looking at him with a smile.

Dokyeom tilted his head. "May I help you?"

"Ah, let me introduce myself first." The man finally said. His voice gave quite a shock to Dokyeom as it contrasted with his pretty face.

"I'm Younghoon, your personal assistant."

"What?" Dokyeom was clearly flabbergasted when he saw his new assistant. He blinked his eyes a few times to make sure of the reality in front of him.

"It's my pleasure to be working with you, Mr. Lee." Younghoon bowed again.

Dokyeom plastered a quick smile before muttering under his breath as he became more suspicious of the company and its CEO. "Just what the hell am I getting myself into?"

****

let's just hope that this story won't BADLY flop in the future cause it's already flopping rn TT

have a great day oraíos!

-jae