THREE [The Achiever]

Now I only want what's real-
To let my heart feel what it feels.
Gold, silver, or bronze hold no value here.

Lee Jihye packed her sports bag with her equipment, ready for an exciting day to train with her favorite teacher. A few days ago, she knew that Yoo Joonghyuk would consider Uriel's offer to go to that ice rink so she messaged him privately the day after.

[Captain of Ice Warfare]: Psst, Master, are you going there? You're going to that skating rink aren't u? Take me with you, please I won't be a burden, and I'll catch up fast!
[Captain of Ice Warfare]: You aren't going to give up on me just yet are u?

At first, she honestly thought he would just ignore her, and she would have understood because her Master was the type to not care about others when he is set on doing something on his own. However, to her pleasant surprise, he answered back almost immediately.

[Yoo Joonghyuk]: Saturday 8 am. And don't ask questions.
[Captain of Ice Warfare]: YESSS!

She enjoyed training with Joonghyuk as he was the reason she took an interest in ice hockey in the first place so each time he agreed to let her join his practices, it was like an idol giving their fan a backstage pass to their performances. She noticed a black ferraghini driving up to her house and ran out after greeting her mother in the dining room. She quickly moved to the back of the car to put her contents in the boot but paused when she noticed another person in the back seat with a head that looked drastically similar to a young girl with ponytails. She blinked for a few seconds, processing the information. Who is this person in Master's car? Why is she here? Is this what he meant by don't ask questions?

Jihye quickly closed the boot and rushed to the front as if pretending that she was not phased about what she just saw. Maybe she was hallucinating... She jumped in front, greeting Joonghyuk, and turned back just to be sure. No, she was right the first time- there was definitely another existence in the car who had similar features to master, and incredibly beautiful. Without thinking, Jihye introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Lee Jihye, you are...?"

"Yoo Mia," the girl replied, gripping her seat belt awkwardly.

No way, Jihye thought, it can't be ... She looked between her Master and the young girl. He had been keeping this secret from them the whole time, no wonder! She imagined the scandal breaking out on Star Stream behind Yoo Joonghyuk having a child! No wonder he closed himself off from everyone, trying to protect the dignity of his daughter! Single father Yoo Joonghyuk, a famous ice hockey player, suffering from the pressure of raising a young girl, Jihye respected him even more- Wait, but if Yoo Joonghyuk is the father...

"That means," she said under her breath, "Lee Seolhwa is..."

Yoo Joonghyuk pulled on Jihye's ear. "She's my sister, don't create unnecessary misunderstandings."

Oh, that made sense too. Jihye apologized for jumping to conclusions and promised not to ask any further questions. The ride to Reincarnation Ice-Land was a painstakingly awkward time and she wanted so badly to tell Namwoon about this- he was her best friend, after all- but she was loyal to Joonghyuk and, if he allowed Jihye to join them for training, despite no one knowing about Yoo Mia, it implied that Joonghyuk expected Jihye to keep it a secret. She would not tell anyone about this because she enjoyed the idea of being one of the few people Master trusted with this private life, but it still ate at her temptation to spill it to someone or ask Joonghyuk more on the topic. She planned to ask him more during training.

* * *

"Hyung, this is scary." Lee Gilyeong trembled, shifting on the ice with his skates, knees bent with his arms spread out in front of him.