SEVEN [The Enthusiast]

Warning: this chapter has a few explicit 18+ scenes. If you want to skip them, when you see ® skip to the asterisks * * * to carry on with the plot.

What about danger? So, what, what about risk?
Let's climb the mountain before we cross that bridge
'Cause I'm restless, I'm restless, I'm restless
For whatever comes next

* * *
December, Winter Break

It had been a few months since I was able to sleep-over, or even visit Joonghyuk's home. Ever since the parent-teacher meeting, more fans and media became fixated on Joonghyuk and his sister, wanting to know more about their backstory and when his parents had decided to have him take care of her. Some even wondered if she was the reason Joonghyuk lost the match back in March, which made my blood boil. The press did not give a rat’s ass about drawing attention to Joonghyuk when he failed, but when his younger sister came into the picture, it had suddenly become a fascinating ordeal that everyone was interested in.

Shin Yoosung had told me that many students had the sudden desire to be Mia's friend after they had found out who her brother was. Knowing Mia, she probably felt annoyed about other kids paying attention to her only because Joonghyuk was famous. More paparazzi had surrounded Joonghyuk's home at that time as well, making it impossible for me to go inside with him because we would most definitely be caught. We did not hold each other during the weeks of Star Stream trends about the 'Center's sister'. The only times I got to see him was during gym, but even then we had to get there separately so that he would not be seen with me. 

Joonghyuk hadn't risked going to Reincarnation Ice-Land to skate, especially alone with me, and had rather dedicated the time practicing at his team's rink again to avoid possible rumors. However, the Sunfish did drop Mia off on Saturdays for her weekly classes. Unfortunately, that backfired as well because Sangah had several moments arguing with a group of reporters asking about Joonghyuk's sister and security had to drag them out continuously. We even had to hire and scout more trustworthy guards to fend paparazzi off during weekends. 

I remember the day a few cameramen trespassed on the premises to record my lesson with the kids, witnessing my Tournament routine that I was teaching to them. Mia had looked so frightened at the extra eyes and I turned around to see what made her so uncomfortable. When I caught the culprits, I snapped and immediately told the kids to turn away from the entrance while I sorted this out. This was a breach of privacy, and the lesson section of the Arena was closed off to the public and only for those who paid for my tutoring. 

I skated toward the group and they dared to compliment my skating and interviewed me as if I would not reprimand them for their wrongdoings:

"Mister Kim," one of the reporters asked, ignoring my threat, "How long have you been Yoo Mia's skating teacher?" 

"Have you met Yoo Joonghyuk before?" another asked. 

"Do you treat all your clients so kindly, can I get my daughter to join?" 

"What is your relationship with Yoo Joonghyuk?!"

I paused in front of them and held up my gloved hand, staring them down. It took all my willpower not to scream at them for making Mia look so distraught. This was supposed to be their safe space, with me. 

"Please delete the footage and leave," I warned, giving them the best Yoo Joonghyuk tone I could muster, "I did not consent to this, you are invading children's privacy, and trespassing. If you do not pay for lessons with me or have permission to enter, you're not allowed in here. If this gets online, I will contact EDEN myself and get a lawyer on this case."