FIVE [The Investigator]

I finally feel the universe expand
It's hidden in heartbeats
Exhales and in the hope of open hands

I hate the burden of keeping secrets, but there's always a satisfaction knowing that you are the only one who withholds such power in the very act of shutting up. Dokja and I had been best friends for a while, and I know the shit that goes on in that frozen brain of his... Well, most of the time. He also used to tell me everything that happened to him the second it occurred, so I was suspicious when I found out from Heewon the information that he had been keeping from me. Of course, I suspected he just didn't want me to think he was suicidal like back when his abusive dad died, so I didn't push further, but it still made me more curious to know about his relationship with Yoo Joonghyuk, the famous ice hockey player I wrote about a week ago! That was really important information, Dokja!

Anyways, I was curious. So, I decided to pay a visit to Reincarnation Ice-Land on the day Sangah asked me if I wanted her to buy us both breakfast on Thursday morning. I was like 'Hell yeah, babe, I'll meet up with you at your work so we can eat together', and when I arrived- Lo and behold! Kim Dokja was reenacting a fucking 'Yuri On Ice' scene with the Sunfish Bastard! Damn, I had to pinch myself because I thought it was a dream. After all the media coverage of Yoo Joonghyuk being aggressive and hardcore on ice, one would never have thought this version of him would ever have existed, especially with another man, no less a famous, male figure skater... Ugh, Dokja was so lucky I was the only one watching them, if it was anyone else this would have already been on Star Stream.

On the other hand: haha! Jokes on everyone else for being absent during that performance. I felt like the Queen of Korea watching a classified, private performance from celebrity skaters. Did I record it? You bet your ass, I did (for personal purposes, of course, I would never make it public no matter how tempted I am). I did not tell Dokja or else he would have found a way to steal my phone and delete its contents.

Did I regret making myself known right then and there, after clapping? Just a little, but I couldn't help myself, I was that bitch who would confidently make herself known just to see people's priceless reactions when they get caught. I enjoy the thrill of having others know that I hold truly delicious information about them, not in a blackmail-induced way, but a 'you might as well tell me everything now that I know this' sort of way. It mainly applied to Dokja, since we were best friends, but Yoo Joonghyuk looked ready to fight me if need be.

"Han Sooyoung?!" Dokja yelled, hands on his knees, "Thank the stars, it's just you."

"Your journalist friend?" Yoo Joonghyuk asked, glaring at me as if I was the root of all his suffering.

Of course, a celebrity would sneer at the existence of a person whose profession could mean a single post leading to his complete downfall, especially since he knew about me from Dokja and likely read my Punisher article that received attention rapidly. I got up from my seat, walking toward them, confident that he wouldn't smash my head in as I knew he likely wouldn't want to disappoint Dokja, especially after all that went down just now.

"Yes," Dokja confirmed, "but don't worry, she won't tell anyone, we're close."

Joonghyuk stared at him for a moment, almost with a regretful expression, then sighed, "I should leave."

Dokja's face fell and, for a moment, a felt my heartstrings pull within my chest from seeing that reassuring smile disappear once Joonghyuk turned around and skated to the exit of the rink. "Wait..."

Dokja followed him close behind, reaching out for him for a second before deciding immediately after to stay in place. He probably didn't want to come off as too desperate but I could hear the strain in his voice when he asked, "J-Joonghyuk, you're still coming Saturday, right?"