2. Awakening

I gasped in shock! What lay before me having caused me to fall back and stare in awe. I saw a man dressed in black, pin my friend up against a wall while he devoured her flesh. He tore away at her neck muscles with his fangs, blood splattering all over the ground and against my face. I trembled in fear. I let out a few trembling whimpers as she reached out her hand for me. Her eyes glossed over as she went limp, the man continuing to rip at her flesh, and drink her blood. I let out a few labored breaths before he suddenly turned his head to me. My face went red with fear, and my heart pounded. I stood up and started to run away at the fastest pace I could. The scent of her blood stained onto my clothes caused me to burst into tears, the realization setting in far too late. I fell to the ground and rolled over a bit.

I let out a loud yell of agony, my emotions flowing out freely from the trauma that I just witnessed. I heard a few foot steps come up from behind me, making me sit up and begin crawling away before I stood up and started to run at a full sprint. I panted heavily as the man in black chased me down the mountain. The sight and smell of blood, along with the sound of tearing flesh rang throughout my mind. I slipped against the snow and tumbled over, letting out a few pained grunts, groan, and whimpers. My ears rang from the impact that my head made after crashing against the ground. A warm liquid trickled down the side of my head as I stood up. 

I panted heavily as I ran at the slowest pace a human could possibly "run" at. My exhaustion took over as I fell to the ground and began crawling away on all fours. At this point, the man was right behind me, watching the efforts I put into crawling away, and messing with my head. He sighed before chuckling at me and crouching down beside me. I looked at him, afraid for my life, with my half lidded exhausted eyes. He used one of his hands to wipe off the leftover blood on his face, as the other began to reach out towards me. I flinch as he place his hand atop my head. He stroked my head as if I was some kind of emotional support animal. It feels terrible to say, but it was more comforting than anyone would think. I was terribly uncomfortable but my body lost half of its tenseness. He smirked at me before taking away his hand and tilting his head. 

I let out a terrified sigh as the man spread his lips apart and began to speak out at me. "You seemed quite determined to get away. That determination is something that I slightly admire." His deep voice spoke. I stared directly into his face with fear in my eyes. "Ah..you looked scared. I assume you would be considering what you just witnessed." He moved a few inches closer, causing me to flinch and fall back into a kind of sitting position. I leaned against my shaky arms as he smiled at me. It wasn't sinister and cruel, but it was more of an amused smile. He placed his hand against the space that connected my shoulder to my neck and roughly pulled me forward so that I was face to face with him. 

My eyes widened in fear as I let out noticeable scared whimpers. Tears began to form in my eyes as the man stared into them. "Tell me something. Do you think that I look...sick? Both mentally and physically I mean." His eyes looked at me with anticipation. Now that I think about it, if it weren't for me watching him eat my friend alive, I'd think he was just some handsome stranger. So I looked him up and down briefly before shaking my head. I somehow mustered up the courage to speak, in a shaky and low whispering tone due to my fear. "N......no s-sir. You look a...about as healthy a-as a man in..his mid t-twenties." I nodded my head and gulped down my spit. His eyes seemed to darken for a second as he leaned a bit closer, causing the tears to fall from my eyes. 

....

..

.

He let out a sigh before loosening his grip on me, and softening his eyes. "So you're telling the truth? Alright." He let go of me and nodded his head before suddenly thrusting one of his nails into my neck. I let out a pained groan as I began to grow a bit weak. He removed his nail after about 2 seconds and I bent forward in a kind of "groveling" position. It hurt. Something had entered me when he did that, and it aches inside me. He chuckled at me and placed his hand against my head. I could hear the smirk in his voice. My gums felt irritated, and I began to sweat profusely. My body temperature began to rise, and it felt like I had a fever. He stroked my head once more as I let out a short groan. My face grew red and hot, and my eyes felt like they were going to retract into my head. I looked up at him and he tilted his head, before gripping my chin and raising my head. He seemed to examine my features before releasing me. He stood up and looked down at me. "Enjoy your time." he stated as my world slowly faded to black. 

*Flashback end*

When I woke up, it was night time, and I was right next to this cave. My memory had been blank for a few minutes, before I remembered everything that had occurred that night. The only thing that I had been left with, was a bamboo flute, and the bottle of wine. It had no correlation at all to me. This guy must think hes really funny for giving me something that relates to my friends death. Unless he just didn't want perfectly good wine to go to waste. I sighed and let out a loud grown before I exited my cave, noticing the sun was setting. I sat in the front of my cave as I glanced at the items I had been left with. I had never thought of trying to play the flute until now. I guess I was bored because I had no one around to entertain myself with....(insert name)...I truly miss her alcoholic self..

*To be continued..*