11. The Battle Awaits

I wiped my tears and stood up, turning around only to find Rengoku happily standing there in front of me. I jumped at the sight of his bright eyes straight in front of mines. He suddenly looks concerned as tilts his head at me. "Y/N...are you alright!? One second you're playing a beautiful song, and the next you're shedding tears!" He held my face in his hands. I flinched and nodded, quickly running into the cave and taking the pot away from the fire, stirring the mixture to extenuate the flavors. "Yeah! U-uh...I just, saw my family again." I sighed and smiled into the mixture. Rengoku stood beside me, his reflection appearing to look straight at my face. Not through the reflective liquid, but in person.

"Hmm. I think I understand. I hope you had a happy meeting." He spoke softly. He rested his hand atop my head, before walking to sit down on the ground. I took out the ladle, and poured 2 scoops of food into a bowl, before holding it out to Rengoku. He grew noticeably flustered, before smiling and accepting the bowl. "Thank you for this food. I appreciate it!" He laughed a bit. I nodded and made my own bowl, before sitting down beside Rengoku and beginning to indulge in my own food. Rengoku chowed down, and let out a satisfied moan and shut his eyes. 

I tilted my head and tried a bit of my food. It tasted delicious, but not in a way that would make me have a foodgasm. "It isn't that good, Rengoku." I looked at him. He swallowed his food and shook his head. "Its amazing Y/N! Maybe it tastes so good because it was made by someone like you! Or more specifically, just you." He laughed at me, his eyes widened a little before he quickly went back to eating, seeming like he made a mistake. He swallowed once more and apologized. "Im sorry. I became a bit carried away, so I apologize if I embarrassed you." He bowed a bit. 

I grew flustered as I looked down at my own bowl. My eyes went half lidded as I shook my head. "Its alright. I actually really like your complimenting me on my skills. Its something new to me." I spoke softly and sincerely. I took another bite of my food, and sighed happily. I looked at Rengoku's bowl and noticed it practically empty. I chuckled before using my utensil to grab some food out of my own bowl, and put it into his. He looked a bit shocked, and seemed to contemplate saying something, before bowing in a thankful manner and eating some more. 

I grabbed more food out of the pot, and ate it. Rengoku doing the same. We had a small conversation about our lives and our ambitions. Rengoku wanted to keep getting stronger and stronger in order to protect those who were seemingly weaker than him. I nodded and turned to him. I smiled, and said "You're doing an amazing job, Rengoku. Please keep to your word. You're already sweet enough as is, so just keep on improving, alright?" I said. His eyes soon held a teary glaze as he looked away from me. I grew concerned before he turned and hesitantly hugged me. I flinched and felt my face heat up as he spoke out sincerely. "Thank you so much...I...I think I needed to hear that. Now, good night. Thank you for the food once more!" He sniffed. I hugged him back tightly before nodding and letting go of him, soon slipping under the makeshift blanket on my "bed", and saying good night. 

The next morning I awoke to my body being pulled and groped on. I groaned as a hand reached down and touched my inner thigh, causing me to sit up and slap whoever it was across the face. "Get off of me you fool!" I shouted and quickly sat up. Opening my eyes and coming to my senses, I found a flustered Rengoku in front of me holding his face. "Im sorry! I was making sure your outfit fit you! Please forgive me for my terrible actions! I beg of you!" Rengoku yelled and groveled beside me. He slammed his head on the ground a few times to show his seriousness. I tilted my head and looked down at myself, soon becoming extremely flustered as I realized he had put a perfectly sized Demon Slayer uniform on me from under my Haori. Not only did this mean I slapped him for no reason, BUT HE STRIPPED ME OF MY NORMAL CLOTHES TO CHANGE ME! 

I turned my head to look at him and began to slap him across his back, seeming to do no damage at all. "You could have told me about this sooner so I could change myself! You-!" I said as I hit him on the back of the head. He did not move from his position, but continued to apologize. "Yes! I have defiled you! Please forgive me for my terrible actions!" Rengoku begged. I stopped my hitting and sighed, patting him on the head softly. "You don't have to degrade yourself and make it seem like you actually are a pervert just for my sake. Get up. I forgive you Ren." I said.